Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 BroodyAllen

I've bought a First Response Early Result to use tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Fingers and toes crossed xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I've bought a First Response Early Result to use tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed :eek:

I SWEAR I'm not enabling but you don't have to wait till morning for FRER :)

There is a definite line on the First Response today! I am pregnant :eek: My only symptoms were tender boobs and a slight cold. In shock, but happy shock :D Fingers crossed for you all that you get your positive tests soon xx

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Congrats BroodyAllen, that is fantastic news! Delighted for you xx

I've started my injections for tsi, taking another one today, it's my day 6, so I'm staying very positive and stress free while also getting everything crossed!

• Advertisement

There is a definite line on the First Response today! I am pregnant :eek: My only symptoms were tender boobs and a slight cold. In shock, but happy shock :D Fingers crossed for you all that you get your positive tests soon xx

Woohoo congratulations :)

And the symptom spotting has started, weird soapy taste in my mouth

Wow soapy taste?? Never heard that one before!! Best of luck

I have heard of that! How long ago did you ovulate?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Never heard of a soapy taste. I get a metallic taste whenever I'm duffed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I haven't been on this forum in a while. Little guy is 13 months now and I feel ready to get back up on the horse :) I'm not really charting yet and will let myself be guided by increased cm as an indication of high fertility.

I had a laparoscopy before I fell pregnant with my son do really hoping cysts haven't reappeared in the meantime. :(

Wow soapy taste?? Never heard that one before!! Best of luck
    I have heard of that! How long ago did you ovulate?
    Lucyfur wrote: »
    Never heard of a soapy taste. I get a metallic taste whenever I'm duffed

Sorry ladies, thread wasn't showing as updated in my subscribed threads for some reason. The taste is mostly gone, but not 100%... I think it's just my mind playing tricks on me again :o Not exactly sure when I ovulated - wasn't tracking properly this month, we're living with my parents at the moment so it's a bit awkward. I'm on day 25 of my cycle so not testing yet. Last cycle was 34 days, usually anywhere from 30-31 so not testing until at least 35 days.

Yellowhen, can't believe your little one is 13 months, I remember you getting your positive - crazy how time flies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

yellow hen wrote: »
    I haven't been on this forum in a while. Little guy is 13 months now and I feel ready to get back up on the horse :) I'm not really charting yet and will let myself be guided by increased cm as an indication of high fertility.

I had a laparoscopy before I fell pregnant with my son do really hoping cysts haven't reappeared in the meantime. :(

Now the wedding is over we've decided to ditch the contraceptives & see what happens, not planning to 'actively' ttc for a few more months yet but if faith should step in before that then so be it ;)
    My lil fella turned 2 last week :eek:

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Now the wedding is over we've decided to ditch the contraceptives & see what happens, not planning to 'actively' ttc for a few more months yet but if faith should step in before that then so be it ;)
    My lil fella turned 2 last week :eek:

Great to see you back ms2011. How was the wedding? Hope the little guy was ok in the end? It's so coincidental to see you back here at the same time as me. I remember being here with you first time round too. You fell pregnant quiet quickly while it took us well over a year. Quietly hoping its quicker this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Great to see you back ms2011. How was the wedding? Hope the little guy was ok in the end? It's so coincidental to see you back here at the same time as me. I remember being here with you first time round too. You fell pregnant quiet quickly while it took us well over a year. Quietly hoping its quicker this time!

J was still quiet sick & clingy at the wedding which was hard as I couldn't really comfort him in a big wedding dress & heels:p But SIL was great & settled him in bed for us & watched him.
    I was lucky enough to strike gold on our second month when we were last ttc but that was by throwing the book at it as in temping, OPKs, CM watching, taking supplement etc. Gonna take a more relaxed approach for a few months but may have to resort back to what previously worked as I have v.irregular & sometimes v.long cycles so get that egg is like hitting a moving target ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Keeping it simple here too :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Didnt realise there was a reunion. :)

I'm in. Keeping it chilled too for the moment. Have a check up next month to see what is what so hopefully things will move in the right direction after that.

Neyite wrote: »
    Didnt realise there was a reunion. :)

I'm in. Keeping it chilled too for the moment. Have a check up next month to see what is what so hopefully things will move in the right direction after that.

Ah hilarious! It's the old gang back in :)

LOL it's like 3 years ago!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

This thread is gonna get a whole lot more X-rated....

:D

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    This thread is gonna get a whole lot more X-rated....

:D

:D Somebody warn the poor newbies

:D Somebody warn the poor newbies

Ha, newbie was my old name when I first joined boards. Old hen on the block now :)

I haven't charted in almost 2 years and I can't fathom when I'm ovulating now.

Ha, newbie was my old name when I first joined boards. Old hen on the block now :)

I haven't charted in almost 2 years and I can't fathom when I'm ovulating now.

I've been charting for 3.5 years and I'm still sitting here lol

I wasn't actively ttc 3 years ago but I was always reading the thread - I've always known getting pregnant was goin to be difficult for us. You ladies really opened my eyes on a LOT of details haha. I'm out this month, devastated. Due date would have been my birthday and Christmas so got even more excited than usual. Bought myself a Tassimo to cheer myself up so bouncing round the place with coffee now and can't sleep. Having all the alcohol tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi guys, I'm just waiting on blood tests this week and if all good we start ivf. So been quiet as we wait. 3 years seems like a long time ago.

Hi Guys!

I'm on the 2WW, 6dpo apres Ovitrelle, got very sore boobs, alot sorer than normal, I'm like a teenager with spots, never gets spots with AF so not sure what the story is there! Have twinges down my right side the past 6 days can feel it mostly when I pee! Got chest pains every so often, again never had this before! Keeping everything crossed! Anyone get these symptoms, are they just from the Ovitrelle??

Hi Guys!

I'm on the 2WW, 6dpo apres Ovitrelle, got very sore boobs, alot sorer than normal, I'm like a teenager with spots, never gets spots with AF so not sure what the story is there! Have twinges down my right side the past 6 days can feel it mostly when I pee! Got chest pains every so often, again never had this before! Keeping everything crossed! Anyone get these symptoms, are they just from the Ovitrelle??

I'd love to be able to answer that but I have no idea :/

I did want to ask you, if you don't mind answering, do you ovulate on your own? I'm just wondering if trigger shots will be my next step. I do ovulate on my own but I was put on clomid to strengthen it...obviously it hasn't worked :pac:

Annnyway, I'm taking a breather from meds and charting and whatnot for a while. My brain is melting out my ears at this stage. No more clomid, which will un-fat me (I hope). Throwing myself into exercise and gonna get me proper fit.

I'd love to be able to answer that but I have no idea :/

I did want to ask you, if you don't mind answering, do you ovulate on your own? I'm just wondering if trigger shots will be my next step. I do ovulate on my own but I was put on clomid to strengthen it...obviously it hasn't worked :pac:

Annnyway, I'm taking a breather from meds and charting and whatnot for a while. My brain is melting out my ears at this stage. No more clomid, which will un-fat me (I hope). Throwing myself into exercise and gonna get me proper fit.

Of couse I dont mind answering! I have a low egg reserve, i don't ovulate on my own, at least in any recent blood tests I didnt, I did ovulate on chlomid but no pregnancy. The shots are stronger than chlomid so maybe they are your next step...
    The 2ww is the worst im slowly crackin up, same as that thought trying to stay as active as possible, i started on my fitness journey last july and iv never looked back, love it, it releases so much tention, its better than chocolate!!! Best of luck! Hope you get your BFP soon

Of couse I dont mind answering! I have a low egg reserve, i don't ovulate on my own, at least in any recent blood tests I didnt, I did ovulate on chlomid but no pregnancy. The shots are stronger than chlomid so maybe they are your next step...
    The 2ww is the worst im slowly crackin up, same as that thought trying to stay as active as possible, i started on my fitness journey last july and iv never looked back, love it, it releases so much tention, its better than chocolate!!! Best of luck! Hope you get your BFP soon

Thanks for that chick :) I have my everything crossed for you :D

I hear ya on the exercise! It's stopped me from murdering whilst on clomid ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks for that chick :) I have my everything crossed for you :D

I hear ya on the exercise! It's stopped me from murdering whilst on clomid ;)

Yup, the exercise is a life saver alrite!
    Thanks a million x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement