Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best value gaming motherboard kit, budget 350-400

• 23-05-2015 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭

Need this for the young fellas PC. He games on a 24" at 1920 x 1200 and already has a 2GB HD7870 and everything else including 750w PSU, ATX case, so only needs board, CPU, ram and cooler. Any input would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i5 4460 €175
    Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb €55

ASRock Pro4 €80
    Or
    ASRock Extreme3 €115

Get the Pro4 if he's staying with single card, the Extreme3 if he's going to Crossfire. No need in a 750w for one card, drop it to 500w to get a bit of change and put remaining budget into a SSD, should even put close to €400. Save you money on electricity bills in the long run too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

i5 4460 €175
    Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb €55

ASRock Pro4 €80
    Or
    ASRock Extreme3 €115

Get the Pro4 if he's staying with single card, the Extreme3 if he's going to Crossfire. No need in a 750w for one card, drop it to 500w to get a bit of change and put remaining budget into a SSD, should even put close to €400. Save you money on electricity bills in the long run too

Already has PSU, has a handful of drives and a good few peripherals so we'll be keeping it as it's a decent Corsair modular.

Where is the best place to buy at the moment?

I'd still recommend selling it on adverts and picking up a smaller one if it'll have the ports for his peripherals. Your call I guess.

My prices are from hardwareversand.de after running the parts through geizhals.de discount site

Pro4 looks like it's MATX when the case is a full tower

It'll fit. What's the case?

• Advertisement

It'll fit. What's the case?

Thermaltake armour, it's my old one. I found an ATX Pro4

What's the story with HDV.de not used then in a while, they take PayPal now? Also what's story with geizhals.de?

The mATX would have fitted anyways, unless the case is an extreme case of stupid.

They take PayPal yeah, charge 3% which is about €12 here. Geizhals.de just knocks a few euro off each part. Type the part into geizhals, click the item and them scroll down to the hwvs link and click it. Add to basket from there

Ordered

Advertisement