Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accessing emails from hostireland.ie

• 18-04-2015 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,191 ✭✭✭✭

Have set this up on an android tablet as follows
    IN
    username: me@mydomainname.ie
    Pwd ...

Incoming mail server: mail.mydomainname.ie Port 110
    OUT
    username: me@mydomainname.ie
    Pwd ...
    Outgoing mail server: mail.mydomainname.ie Port 587

No security options were selected

Trying to the same in Gmail
    Incoming works fine.
    On outgoing: I set up it up as above, it gets rejected under SLL or TLS
    [smtp.mydomainname.ie Port 587 does not work]
    Thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

I think host irelands smtp settings is piper.hostireland.com

Though for gmail, the smtp settings is smtp.gmail.com and you are probably better just adding a google account and pulling it that way or just use imap https://support.google.com/mail/answer/114408

• Registered Users Posts: 12,191 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks.
    I am trying to add the account within a Gmail account, the incoming works fine but the sending side is not.

I have it working on the android tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Who is your ISP. You normally have to use your ISP's smtp server for outgoing mail.

This is to prevent you spamming through another's smtp server.

FSL wrote: »
    Who is your ISP. You normally have to use your ISP's smtp server for outgoing mail.

This is to prevent you spamming through another's smtp server.

Thanks
    ISP is UPC
    I rang Host Ireland and they gave me a different smtp
    XXXX.hostireland.com
    [where XXX is a word they gave me, don't want to post it here]
    However this would only work for outgoing mail on port 25, unsecured so am not overly excited with it.
    I think I will abandon the outgoing and just use the incoming to tell me there is mail.
    Thanks again

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

To set up outgoing mail you could use Mailjet/Amazon SES/Smtp service to route mail outgoing from Gmail. Not sure if the server you're using is using TLS on the receiving the side but try with 587.

• Advertisement

I had this set up to receive in a google mail account.
    I deleted the account settings in Gmail but the emails from the hostireland site are still coming into the Google account.
    Any ideas please.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I had this set up to receive in a google mail account.
    I deleted the account settings in Gmail but the emails from the hostireland site are still coming into the Google account.
    Any ideas please.
    Thanks

Is there any forwarding set? There must be a setting still in Gmail if this is still happening, go through each setting.

You will need to contact Gmail directly if this does not work as we cannot do anything else here.

Thanks, there is nothing on the host ireland site and I have gone through all the settings.

How do you contact Google: they have a forum where I posted it but only views, no suggestions :)

Advertisement