Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2015

• 06-11-2014 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,325 ✭✭✭✭

The Coronas will perform on Friday June 19th and good old Christy Moore returns with Declan Sinnott and Jim Higgins on Saturday July 4th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Coronas will perform on Friday June 19th and good old Christy Moore returns with Declan Sinnott and Jim Higgins on Saturday July 4th

two regulars so I see!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Does Christy live inside Marquee?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would imagine Imelda May, Nathan Carter, Bryan Adams and Shane Filan will return too

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Imelda May for sure. Christy just picks up his years wages , I'm convinced of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

The wife dragged me along to Bryan Adams last Year but l actually enjoyed it in the end. In fairness it was a very lively pop rock gig. would l go again I dunno but l'd probably be dragged along again anyway.

I love my Bob Dylan but the poor guys voice is goosed, the feedback on his gig last Year was very poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Nathan Carter and Dara O'Briain added.

ZZzzz Top are back

22 June 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Finally someone decent

Riverdance will perform four shows Live at the Marquee from 11- 14 June 2015.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

evilivor wrote: »
    Riverdance will perform four shows Live at the Marquee from 11- 14 June 2015.

Nice one will pop along with the mrs

• Advertisement

I am hoping Sam Smith or Ed Sheeran or Paolo Nutini again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG would love Ed Sheeran! Fingers crossed!

Nutini is always as possibility, Smith is touring earlier in the year but might be doing festivals so, possibly.

Ed Sheeran would be too big for a venue like Marquee now that he's capable of filling Wembley Stadium three nights in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

ZzTop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭Milly33

They were great the last time well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Damien Rice on 13th July

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Granter1

Does anybody know how strict they are at the marquee for ID? My friends and I want to see the Coronas on the 20th of June but we'll only be 17.
    First post on boards btw sorry if I'm on the wrong forum or something.

Granter1 wrote: »
    Does anybody know how strict they are at the marquee for ID? My friends and I want to see the Coronas on the 20th of June but we'll only be 17.
    First post on boards btw sorry if I'm on the wrong forum or something.

I assume you will be ok as long as you don't bring in alcohol or buy it there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Lionel Richie 27th June.

Status Quo 12th July.

Van Morrison on July 9

• Advertisement

is it true that they are having live at the marquee out where they have the summer show this year.. I just cant believe it, if it is true..Trust Cork to feck up the one thing that has been working great

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Milly33 wrote: »
    is it true that they are having live at the marquee out where they have the summer show this year.. I just cant believe it, if it is true..Trust Cork to feck up the one thing that has been working great
    Out by Curaheen? Seems very remote compared to being able to stroll from town but surely this is down to the construction on Pairc Ui Chaoimh?

Yep that's the spot... They are suppose to be moving it out there because the work is suppose to be started on the stadium.. Which is laughable sure they keep saying it is closed and then have another match there, and I cant see how the work would disrupt the marquee.. Unless they want it too..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Milly33 wrote: »
    Which is laughable sure they keep saying it is closed and then have another match there

but they haven't any any matches there since they said it was closed. All matches are happening at grounds like Pairc Ui Rinn.

Is this move really true?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Yeah the last match there was a while ago - schools game afaik & no games since

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭thejuggler

I saw Lionel Richie the last time he was in the marquee 7 or 8 years ago.

He's a good performer but the sound was atrocious that night. You could not hear his vocal as it were drowned out by the music on all but the quietest songs. He kept running off stage pointing to his microphone obviously signalling that something needed to be changed but it never was.

Not sure who was at fault - the sound engineer or the equipment but it put me off marquee gigs ever since.

Nope they had a match down there the other day.. We live in the area and was it last sunday there were streams of people heading down there. They keep saying no this is the last one and then have another one...

Think that was down to Mr Lionel.. Been to a few gigs there and the sounds was always great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

They announced the last final as if it was the last game last summer, I think that's what confused people, it was being touted as the last game etc etc last July and then they just carried on all summer and winter having more games!

Someone even posted on Boards (I can't remember who or where) that they had started work!, they have not touched the stadium or anything near it!

I would like to think the organisers would have the sense not to move the Marquee as it is so handy for the city,

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Work is starting Monday according to the news.. who knows where the marquee will go.

• Advertisement

Kodaline will play on June 25

Advertisement