Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prices

• 27-01-2014 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18 brencog

not sure if this is correct forum, but I think it comes under strange and mysterious.
    Why can't Irish websites publish prices when they advertise goods and services??? Spent a very long time searching for prices for a new project, and no joy on prices. Any suggestions?
    Many thanks one and all.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Very much the wrong forum I'm afraid.
    Thread locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Unlocked following move to Consumer Issues

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Can you be more specific.

I just bought a fleece from the great outdoors website. Yes it had prices like the majority of other Irish websites I buy from.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Probably because what you are looking for involves a quote based on your needs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Zoey Shaggy Sometime

What kind of product are you talking about? I always see prices on any sites I enquire on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

brencog wrote: »
    not sure if this is correct forum, but I think it comes under strange and mysterious.
    your post is strange & mysterious.
    Why can't Irish websites publish prices when they advertise goods and services???
    Why can't posters give more info on what they are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

rubadub wrote: »
    your post is strange & mysterious.

Why can't posters give more info on what they are talking about?

Probably means like new doors, double glazing, plumbing jobs etc.

Here in the Netherlands they have a guide price based on calculations you can do online, but its not a quote and couldn't be a quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 brencog

Since found a reasonably good reason for non publication of a LOT of prices on IRISH websites...It may be because prospective customers cannot price compare??? Sounds feasible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Zoey Shaggy Sometime

Since found a reasonably good reason for non publication of a LOT of prices on IRISH websites...It may be because prospective customers cannot price compare??? Sounds feasible.

I'm still fairly confused ( an hypothesis or two are forming) can you be more specific on what kind of products and what is your intention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Care to give examples of what you are looking for...was it one product type or many different products for this project!?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

what are you trying to price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I know some retailers in appliances/furniture etc who don't advertise prices for most of their stock. Why hand the opposition the tools to undercut you with? O can understand how it may put some consumers off, but at the same time, if you get a personal recommendation for these places, a phonecall won't kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

And I have a reasonably good reason why this thread should be closed - despite multiple requests we still haven't a clue what product or service you've attempted to price.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@brencog - please provide some examples to help posters understand what you're talking about, or I'll close this thread.

dudara

Advertisement