Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

leaving cert history research study

• 04-12-2010 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hi, i'm really stuck..
    i'm starting to write about the experiments carried out my doctors in the concentration camps and i wana know what to write about and if ya could help i wud really aprec. it :) websites & books i should read and stuffs?:)
    i'm in 6th year :/ and have only startd ?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

You should probably try the leaving cert forum instead:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=107

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭orlabobs

There is a fantastic book called "Witness to World War 2" by Karen Farrington. It has a whole chapter on the experiments carried out. Also it may be an idea to research Dr. Josef Mengele who is the 'lovely chap' *cough* who led the experiments in auschwitz.

Just a word to the wise, this is a very controversial topic as the results found during these experiments have not been published and there are constant debates on whether or not the information gathered should be used or not. Maybe a point to consider? It could perhaps be your 'twist'. 'Should the information uncovered by the experiments be used today to further medicine'. Or whatever.

Also, aim to get it done before the holidays are over. I did mine the summer of 5th year. All I had to do then were the little extras. It made it much less stressful!

Good Luck! (I miss LC history....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 hayshoex

orlabobs wrote: »
    There is a fantastic book called "Witness to World War 2" by Karen Farrington. It has a whole chapter on the experiments carried out. Also it may be an idea to research Dr. Josef Mengele who is the 'lovely chap' *cough* who led the experiments in auschwitz.

Just a word to the wise, this is a very controversial topic as the results found during these experiments have not been published and there are constant debates on whether or not the information gathered should be used or not. Maybe a point to consider? It could perhaps be your 'twist'. 'Should the information uncovered by the experiments be used today to further medicine'. Or whatever.

Also, aim to get it done before the holidays are over. I did mine the summer of 5th year. All I had to do then were the little extras. It made it much less stressful!

Good Luck! (I miss LC history....)

thank you so much, this really helped :)
    lifesaver :D

Advertisement