Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

employement contract

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Are you a highly sought after footballer op?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

dan1895 wrote: »
    Are you a highly sought after footballer op?
    nope, but i wont mind though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

wow, i've some pain in me head after all that....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

nope, but i wont mind though :D

well then your not really in a position to be making demands to potential employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Sense of entitlement..

I don't even

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Where To wrote: »
    I move my large multinational to Morocco.

Bye now.
    Where To wrote: »
    Lalalalalala I can't hear you, I'm now set up in a central Asian ****hole where I'm allowed to shoot unproductive workers.

Contract my arse.

Would you mind returning Morocco back to North Africa and not through Europe either , none of your 'I know a shorter route shite' .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

there is a big hype of employers providing extra efforts to make its employee acceptable and support to update them etc etc. but still at times you get the answer 'Sorry its not in our policy'. Isint it time for employees to also give a contract to their employers to sign in which they agree to what individual specifications or genuine demands are?
    preparing contract (2 different) and signing contract should be done by both employers and employees

I think "utterly simple" or "I cant believe I am not simple" would have been better usernames.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

mattjack wrote: »
    Would you returning Morocco back to North Africa and not through Europe either , none of your 'I know a shorter route shite' .
    The Morroccans were too liberal, I had to move to Kryguzbakistan where my employees would be more . . . er. . . . docile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Personally I think hand driers are for chumps. God gave us pants for a reason - to wipe our hands on after washing them.

All this air-blade nonsense has really gone too far.

And what's with fizzy cola-bottles these days? They've not got half the flavour of the cola-bottles of my youth.

Huh? What about my rights?

What the hell is this thread about anyway?

I'm glad somebody started speaking some sense.

The hand drying, and cola-bottles comments are 2 of the most valid I have read on Boards all week.
    Good work sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

there is a big hype of employers providing extra efforts to make its employee acceptable and support to update them etc etc. but still at times you get the answer 'Sorry its not in our policy'. Isint it time for employees to also give a contract to their employers to sign in which they agree to what individual specifications or genuine demands are?
    preparing contract (2 different) and signing contract should be done by both employers and employees
    There's a term for people who make up their own contracts and don't answer to anybody else - self employed. If you are willing to take on all the risks and responsibilities of running a business, do it. If not, eat your humble pie and do as you are told :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    There's a term for people who make up their own contracts and don't answer to anybody else - self employed. If you are willing to take on all the risks and responsibilities of running a business, do it. If not, eat your humble pie and do as you are told :p

at last; a sensible post

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

guys seriously, both are bread winners for each other. But this would be really an option looked forward by those who are termed as 'skilled resources'.
    Employers really really need them

guys seriously, both are bread winners for each other. But this would be really an option looked forward by those who are termed as 'skilled resources'.
    Employers really really need them

I have no idea what you are talking about.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I have no idea what you are talking about.
    will rephrase it.
    both employees and employer need each other to earn money or livelihood or whatever. What I said in my first post regarding having contracts by both and signed by both can be an option very well understood where the resources are scarce. Skilled employees who are very less and high in demand will have no problem with this thought and I guess if the contract made by an employee follows some fixed formats and standards and abide by law and regulations then employers may understand this thought.

will rephrase it.
    both employees and employer need each other to earn money or livelihood or whatever. What I said in my first post regarding having contracts by both and signed by both can be an option very well understood where the resources are scarce. Skilled employees who are very less and high in demand will have no problem with this thought and I guess if the contract made by an employee follows some fixed formats and standards and abide by law and regulations then employers may understand this thought.

I don't see the point if having separate contracts at all really.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

will rephrase it.
    What it comes down to is basic economics - employers want to pay as little as possible and employees want to earn as much as possible. The market will dictate who calls the shots. If there are loads of people with the skills needed, their value drops. If there are very few people with the required skills, they hold the cards. It doesn't matter who types up the contract, it is whichever side is in demand that gets the better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

I don't see the point if having separate contracts at all really.

It would be ridiculous having separate contracts. A contract should cover the terms and expectations for all parties, not a separate contract for each person.

OP: You can negotiate on contracts. You might not be successful, but you can give it a try. I have successfully negotiated a lax in IP clauses/anti-competition before, and other misc perks of a job. But generally in a multi-national or any sizeable company, there isn't going to be much wriggle room, besides on the obvious details like salary.

Advertisement