Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of FM and Steam

• 15-03-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Frustrated to the max here.

I've put up with having to play FM through steam and was willing to give it a chance up until now but after tonight SI can get t'fcuk if they think I'm going to buy FM again.

Haven't played FM in about a month since I've been really busy, but now I have an hour or 2 to kill I stuck FM in to play it and it won't play. Opened up steam and it wasn't even in the library, everytime I clicked on the desktop short cut it kept coming up "This game is currently unavailable, please try again later". So after doing a bit of googling I took the disk out and put it back in and clicked on "reinstall" to verify the game, it's now verifying and updating the game which is taking an hour and a half.

I don't want the game updated it was fine the way it was, I shouldn't need to verify the game, I bought it, I installed it let me play the fcuking thing.

As long as you've to play football manager through steam I won't be buying it again.

Rant over

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

Half way through and it comes up "Steam servers are too busy to process your request, try again later"

So now it's to start again?

Nah, you're alright. I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

An hour and a half? How slow is your internet?!

My update has taken 5 minutes to get to 90%!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

Not slow at all. It said an hour and a half when I posted that, got to 20 minutes and it was about half way through and then stopped. Tried it again it's now 10 minutes in with no sign of end in sight...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Same thing is happening to me tonight, haven't played it since around Christmas, but trying to set it up tonight and it just keeps coming up "this game is not available at the moment". So frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 15,134 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I just exited mine and re-opened it without a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

There is a "workaround" to avoid Steam altogether. I hate it so went out and found a "workaround" that means I dont have anything to do with Steam now. I can just play the game whenever I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kinikie

Steam is a buggy piece of crap....does my head in having to use it. Might google the workaround

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

The workround is great. What is Steam? Is it a site where you download the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Samich wrote: »
    The workround is great. What is Steam? Is it a site where you download the game?

It's a service by Valve, who make the Half Life games. It's a way to buy games digitally through an online store instead of physically in a shop.

For this version of FM, the game has to be installed through Steam and I think you can only patch the game through Steam now.

I'd say it would be a nuisance if you didn't have access to an internet connection after buying the game.

Steams latest update on mac has killed it. Just keeps saying "failed to load steamui.dylib". :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Steams latest update on mac has killed it. Just keeps saying "failed to load steamui.dylib". :mad:

Does it stop it loading the game?

flyswatter wrote: »
    Does it stop it loading the game?

Steam doesn't open at all so I can't run the game. I click on steam and that notice comes up immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Google the file name in full and you might be able to find something. That's what I do whenever I get an errors like that on anything.

I did. Not much about it coz it's on Mac.

It only appears to be a Mac 10.5 problem too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

To be fair, that'll teach you to buy a PC ;)

To be fair, that'll teach you to buy a PC ;)

No it won't! :D

Back in action again.

Advertisement