Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Standard of service in Blanchardstown supermarkets

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Okocim wrote: »
    And avoid buying 400g Charleville cheese in Spar at The Crescent unless you have 5.49 euros :eek::eek::eek:

I've just checked Tesco price online and it's €4.99 - so to be honest, given that Spars are usually more expensive by a lot, 10% extra isn't outrageous IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Can anyone tell the girls on the tills in dunnes in the centre to stop yapping and just serve the customers please. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Can anyone tell the girls on the tills in dunnes in the centre to stop yapping and just serve the customers please. ?

Do what I do: if they tut at you and roll their eyes for interrupting their conversation, tut and roll your eyes back at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Hilly Bill wrote: »

Yeah some of the dunnes stores scobie type staff would get a rude awakening if they ever had to work in Lidl or Aldi, they wouldn't last an hour. In fairness anyone working in Lidl or Aldi has to have a proactive and high work ethic from what I can see. A lot of multi tasking, always seem to be on the go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I was in Eurospar Hartstown last week getting the baguettes that you finish baking yourself in the oven, Cuisine de France were 1.50 and seen then Spar's own brand were 1.00 so I said I'll try Spar's brand. Got to the till price comes up 1.50 I said there 1.00 he said I'll go check and comes back and says no there 1.50! I was 100% certain there were 1.00 so I said there not and walked down with him and showed him the price of 1.00 and he goes ok I'll give them to you for 1.00 like he was doing me a favour:eek: ... Im sick of that shop always overcharging for everything they sell :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Im sick of that shop always overcharging for everything they sell :mad:

If they are always doing so, why do you keep going back giving them your custom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

dickwod1 wrote: »
    I was in Eurospar Hartstown last week getting the baguettes that you finish baking yourself in the oven, Cuisine de France were 1.50 and seen then Spar's own brand were 1.00 so I said I'll try Spar's brand. Got to the till price comes up 1.50 I said there 1.00 he said I'll go check and comes back and says no there 1.50! I was 100% certain there were 1.00 so I said there not and walked down with him and showed him the price of 1.00 and he goes ok I'll give them to you for 1.00 like he was doing me a favour:eek: ... Im sick of that shop always overcharging for everything they sell :mad:

They weren't obliged to do that. A price on a shelf is an "invitation to treat" legally speaking. For the record, Dunnes part baked baguettes are the nicest around and 59c!

athtrasna wrote: »
    They weren't obliged to do that. A price on a shelf is an "invitation to treat" legally speaking.

????:confused:???? That may be so but I dont live in a legal world I live in the real world ... Must give the Dunnes ones a try :)

ongarboy wrote: »
    If they are always doing so, why do you keep going back giving them your custom?

Oh believe me that the was the last time I visited that store (Similar price issues happened previous times I was there) I drive past that now and go to Dunnes in Ongar

Advertisement