Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Leap" into the unknown: The feedback thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Received the first auto top up May 6th still no direct debit. Second auto top up now active...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rye_212

When I go to the page to register for auto topup my card is listed but I get a "System error: Card cannot be used to access self-service functions, contact customer support."

I've emailed support, but anyone seen that message?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

rye1967 wrote: »
    When I go to the page to register for auto topup my card is listed but I get a "System error: Card cannot be used to access self-service functions, contact customer support."

I've emailed support, but anyone seen that message?
    Are you only entering the correct portion of the card number? I think you need to drop the last 4 or 5 digits.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Victor wrote: »
    Are you only entering the correct portion of the card number? I think you need to drop the last 4 or 5 digits.

Sounds like the guy already has his card registered. You dont need to re-enter it.

Sounds like the guy already has his card registered. You dont need to re-enter it.

Yes, my card was already registered so it wasn't asking me to input any digits.

Anyhow Leapcard responded and the issue is that the registered card is one that I reported lost last year - so their system doesn't allow processing on that card.

I hadn't registered the replacement card, hadn't needed to. Have done so now and initiated the auto-topup process. Expecting 6c in my bank account from Leapcard any day now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Waiting from my 6c too. Jesus the website is shocking , so slow and difficult to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Your Top-Up shall be available for collection for up to 21 days; if you do not collect your Top-Up within this timeframe it will expire and your payment will be reversed.

Anybody have any idea how long it takes for the payment to be reversed in this case once the 21 days have passed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Hi,

I notice that the weekly cap on leap card is 27.50, which multiplied by 4.34 (num of weeks in a month) is 119.35 euro

The Rambler 30 day adult ticket is 137.50...

So just using the leap card as normal is about 18 euro cheaper, seems like a no-brainer right?

Though the Rambler is 30 non-consecutive days, but still for a lot of people I'd imagine just using the card as normal and not buying a Rambler ticket would work out cheaper...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The rambler tickets are designed purely for occasional users and not those using the bus every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carpejugulum

How long has the website been down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

lxflyer wrote: »
    The rambler tickets are designed purely for occasional users and not those using the bus every day.

so using the leap card and taking advantage of the weekly cap (automatically happens) is the cheapest way?

mystic86 wrote: »
    so using the leap card and taking advantage of the weekly cap (automatically happens) is the cheapest way?

If you are using the bus every day the cheapest option are the monthly and annual passes if you can avail of the Taxsaver scheme - see www.taxsaver.ie

These cost €123 and €1,230 respectively, but this can be reduced by up to 52% using the taxsaver scheme.

Otherwise, then weekly capping is the cheapest option for daily users.

The 30 day rambler ticket is now €137.50, and is designed for more occasional users.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Do the rambler tickets loaded onto Leap expire? There's no mention of expiry on the leap or dublin bus website. For a student leap, if that makes a difference, I want to know if I'll have the days when I come back in September.

blubloblu wrote: »
    Do the rambler tickets loaded onto Leap expire? There's no mention of expiry on the leap or dublin bus website. For a student leap, if that makes a difference, I want to know if I'll have the days when I come back in September.

Yes they do - you will see it on the receipt that you get when you buy the ticket.

It's valid for 2 years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

lxflyer wrote: »
    Yes they do - you will see it on the receipt that you get when you buy the ticket.

It's valid for 2 years.

The student cards arent even valid for that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Student card is only valid for specific time/date printed on card.
    This was done so that people out of education can no longer avail of cheaper fares as has been done for years.

Rambler/travel90 were usually given a year or so expiry so would be guessing similar on Leap as fares go up and ticket prices also.

How long has the website been down?

Possibly just overnight.

How long does has it taken for people to have the test deposit arrive in their account.

I initiated the process on 20th May. I see a strange 4c deposit from 23rd May, but the Leapcard website says the description should be "LEAP-1111-222222" and I don't see anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭wench

rye1967 wrote: »
    How long does has it taken for people to have the test deposit arrive in their account.

I initiated the process on 20th May. I see a strange 4c deposit from 23rd May, but the Leapcard website says the description should be "LEAP-1111-222222" and I don't see anything like that.

Mine took three days.
    What bank are you with?

wench wrote: »
    Mine took three days.
    What bank are you with?

OK, called my bank who drew my attention to a the next line in the statement with the LEAP.xxxxx text. Successfully verified, all done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭ailbheg

Student card is only valid for specific time/date printed on card.
    This was done so that people out of education can no longer avail of cheaper fares as has been done for years.

Rambler/travel90 were usually given a year or so expiry so would be guessing similar on Leap as fares go up and ticket prices also.

It was possible to transfer any remaining balance from last year's card to this year's when I got mine, presumably it will be possible to transfer any remaining days from a rambler if the student gets a new STC in 2015.

ailbheg wrote: »
    It was possible to transfer any remaining balance from last year's card to this year's when I got mine, presumably it will be possible to transfer any remaining days from a rambler if the student gets a new STC in 2015.

Correct - although what the position is for people whose student cards expire and are no longer eligible for one is, in relation to unused days on a rambler ticket is, I'm not sure.

Possibly some form of refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭T-wolf

Hey Folks

Last month was the last of the paper taxsaver Luas+Bus combo tickets for me - out arrived a new shiny personalised Leap card for this month.
    Next months ticket has been ordered and paid by my office manager, but she noticed that she was not asked to select where to load it on to the Leap card. I gave them a call in DB Taxsaver office - and they said wait until the week beforehand (Starting the 26th) and the ticket will be available, at Payzone shops only, for loading. Apparently the Luas TVM's aren't set up for the monthly tickets yet?

Anyway - tried 4x Payzone shops today during lunch, and on way home. None of the staff had any idea how to load the ticket on to the card, never even heard they could do it. I was told that a simple balance enquiry on the Leap Card should load the ticket (I keep about a tenner on the card just in case!) - it didn't. Same at a Luas TVM in Stephens Green I tried on the way home.

I'm visiting mates in the UK at the weekend, so I'm hoping to have next months ticket loaded on my card before then.. Otherwise it could be fun getting to work on the Tuesday after the BH!!
    Just wondering - should I be asking the shop staff to do something in particular? Or whats the magic way to load the ticket on to the card?

Cheers in advance. :)

T-wolf wrote: »
    Hey Folks

Last month was the last of the paper taxsaver Luas+Bus combo tickets for me - out arrived a new shiny personalised Leap card for this month.
    Next months ticket has been ordered and paid by my office manager, but she noticed that she was not asked to select where to load it on to the Leap card. I gave them a call in DB Taxsaver office - and they said wait until the week beforehand (Starting the 26th) and the ticket will be available, at Payzone shops only, for loading. Apparently the Luas TVM's aren't set up for the monthly tickets yet?

Anyway - tried 4x Payzone shops today during lunch, and on way home. None of the staff had any idea how to load the ticket on to the card, never even heard they could do it. I was told that a simple balance enquiry on the Leap Card should load the ticket (I keep about a tenner on the card just in case!) - it didn't. Same at a Luas TVM in Stephens Green I tried on the way home.

I'm visiting mates in the UK at the weekend, so I'm hoping to have next months ticket loaded on my card before then.. Otherwise it could be fun getting to work on the Tuesday after the BH!!
    Just wondering - should I be asking the shop staff to do something in particular? Or whats the magic way to load the ticket on to the card?

Were the tickets ordered on time?

Victor wrote: »
    Were the tickets ordered on time?

Yep - Ordered 12th May for the 1st June.

Leap card should be able to check if there's a ticket on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

T-wolf wrote: »
    Hey Folks

So Dublin Bus had solid information to hand on the situation,which was passed on to the Customer.
    So,yet again we see the Leapcard-Payzone arrangement found to be somewhat shaky,almost as if the Payzone agents regarded Leapcards as interesting to look at but no idea wtf they are ?...Something VERY basic and VERY important is going on here and it is worsening by the day...Either the NTA get their finger out on marketing and developing Leapcard or,sack them...give it to an Bord Uisce,who have a far higher marketing profile right now !

Why,oh why are we reading posts such as T-Wolf's above ?

I know that I will most likely be slam-dunked with a "Soft-Launch"...."Cut them a bit of slack" ...."Oystercard took a century and a half to reach its present state" style excuses,but the all too apparent reality (to ME),is that 12 years and €40,000,000 really should have bought us a somewhat more "operational" system.

The Payzone Load procedure should be zip-fast and painless,with you having to "ask" for nothing,save to wish the staff a pleasant morning...

12 years....€40,000,000 :o

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

AlekSmart wrote: »

Why,oh why are we reading posts such as T-Wolf's above ?

Because the whole process is so fragmented, with multiple groups now involved providing/ordering various types of Leap Cards as well as tickets. You've Leap Card themselves, Student Travel Cards and now Taxsaver.

Things keep on changing so fast, with Dublin Bus and Luas, removing various paper tickets as recent examples, that someone who uses a payzone device to normally give someone "10euro 087 Credit," isn't really able to keep up.

Ya see, what we have here is a failure to communicate.

Because the whole process is so fragmented, with multiple groups now involved providing/ordering various types of Leap Cards as well as tickets. You've Leap Card themselves, Student Travel Cards and now Taxsaver.

Things keep on changing so fast, with Dublin Bus and Luas, removing various paper tickets as recent examples, that someone who uses a payzone device to normally give someone "10euro 087 Credit," isn't really able to keep up.

Ya see, what we have here is a failure to communicate.

Well, after multiple phone calls during the day, I'm agreeing with the 'failure to communicate' statement.

To sum up:
    1) Ticket ordered 12th May, processed 13th, and the Taxsaver online system shows thats all OK
    2a) Capped Leap card support - they don't see any pending Taxsaver tickets waiting to load on to my card.
    2b) Interestingly, they regard the Taxsaver as a different product, and they didn't seem sure if they could see if one was waiting for loading.
    3) The suggested remedy from Leap Support - wait 48 hours and try again. (Gee thanks guys)
    4) All attempts to contact DB Taxsaver support are going to vmail..

I has to admit - it's not exactly confidence inspiring is it? Plus there is way too many places to call to track down stuff like this.

• Advertisement

It does sound like the ticket hasn't been loaded to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement