Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

LinK3 wrote: »
    Hi Lainy, I don't know how to find it. Im new to this so don't know about signatures:(

You may have to go into your User CP settings and tick "show signatures" to be able to see Lainy's links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Just back from WI and I'm so upset :( I was UP 2.5lbs :eek: I actually cried on the scales. :( I don't understand it at all. I was actually so good this week. I really concentrated on tracking correctly, not eating crap and eating properly. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't do as much exercise as I would normally do because I have been studying for this exam on Sat. But honestly, could that put me up by so much?

I feel so fustrated right now. One half of me is trying to be positive and thinking start over, the other just wants to throw in the t-towel. I feel like such a big fat mess right now :(:( I just feel like such a failure.

My leader was so nice though, it nearly made it worse. She wasn't like "well you deserved that", she knows I've been having a tough couple of weeks with WW and told me to bring my tracker to her for the next few weeks. I just don't know where I'm going wrong. I thought I had turned over a new leaf last week by finally losing a bit but this has just knocked me for six. I really wasn't expecting to be up at all, never mind by 2.5lbs.

Sorry for the long post, I've no one to talk to about this at home so you guys are my only outlet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Just back from WI and I'm so upset :( I was UP 2.5lbs :eek: I actually cried on the scales. :( I don't understand it at all. I was actually so good this week. I really concentrated on tracking correctly, not eating crap and eating properly. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't do as much exercise as I would normally do because I have been studying for this exam on Sat. But honestly, could that put me up by so much?

I feel so fustrated right now. One half of me is trying to be positive and thinking start over, the other just wants to throw in the t-towel. I feel like such a big fat mess right now :(:( I just feel like such a failure.

My leader was so nice though, it nearly made it worse. She wasn't like "well you deserved that", she knows I've been having a tough couple of weeks with WW and told me to bring my tracker to her for the next few weeks. I just don't know where I'm going wrong. I thought I had turned over a new leaf last week by finally losing a bit but this has just knocked me for six. I really wasn't expecting to be up at all, never mind by 2.5lbs.

Sorry for the long post, I've no one to talk to about this at home so you guys are my only outlet!

same thing been happening to me.....LETS BLAME EXAMS and start fresh...new month new week new chance to start over

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Jesus, that's (quick mental arithmatic:7+7+7,carry the 1, minus 11, +7,....) alot of LBS!!!!:eek: unreal!

haha,= 63!! but your sums aren't too far off as there have been lots of ups and downs along the way!

easy to keep track when they're coming off slowly, but just happy it's going in the right direction, still a way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Don't lose hope! Next week you will probably have a really good weight loss!

• Advertisement

LinK3 wrote: »
    Hi Lainy, I don't know how to find it. Im new to this so don't know about signatures:(

Most people don't have their settings on to display signatures. Just click on Lainy's name and then about me and the link is there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

shoelover, thats crappy, so awful when you have a gain that you just can't understand :mad:

I don't really have any advice as it sounds like you're doing everything right but I'd just say remember the bigger picture..try to focus on your overall loss and not tonights gain..hope you feel more positive tomorrow

Kopparberg Non Alcoholic Pear Cider 500Ml IN TESCO!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Shoelover hang tight that's mad you were up when you were not expecting it I hope you feel better it's a new month new leaf as Lainy says you will see that gain lost and more :)

What a day actually got the sunshine forecasted which I. Was not prepared for so I am a nice shade red not sore though

Had weigh in today down .5 sowly getting there on week 7 now and still a pound away from my first 7 pounds but I've lost 9.5 in total in 11 weeks counting the bit I lost before I joined WW

Any one see the new us government what's on my plate to try and encourage healthier eating I have a pic of it o. Fb from WW Australia

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

had my WI this evening and I was down 1lb :) ...........after fudgegate I figured I was gonna be up but looks like the exercise and loads of water helped!!!

oh shoelover (((hugs))) not sure what to say except hang in there.....sometimes the scales seem to have a mind of their own but you will get there!!! I think sometimes weight loss takes a week or two to settle!!!

thanks for the recipes Lainy.....they sound yummy!!!!

right off to bed......have to be up with the birdies for work tomorrow.....bleh!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

dont forget tomorrow night (FRI 23:59:59h) is the deadline for this weeks entries for the 'kindofamotivationalthingymajig':D

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    dont forget tomorrow night (FRI 23:59:59h) is the deadline for this weeks entries for the 'kindofamotivationalthingymajig':D

What is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Kopparberg Non Alcoholic Pear Cider 500Ml IN TESCO!!!!!!

o god, i just couldn't be bothered with the non alcoholic stuff :)

Dee01 wrote: »
    o god, i just couldn't be bothered with the non alcoholic stuff :)

I <3 kopperberg the real stuff doesnt even get me drunk....i'd have to drink about 50 pints to get drunK! so non alco stuff would do me as long as its not 8pp per bottle LOL

lizt wrote: »
    What is that?
    have a look at my signature, one link kinda explains it the other show the results/output

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Thanks guys, found the thread for recipes.. Savage.. I've been copying and pasting to the notepad on this phone.. Can't wait to try the bran muffins and the cake I daren't mention;) Enjoy the sun everyone... It's going to be a fab weekend;)

Right I've spent the day printing our recipes and tweaking them to suit what i have available, what i like, and my points!

Shaking things up! Alot of hard work to do in the next month!

Morning all :)

Thanks for all your lovely supporting posts :D I'm kicking myself out of my depressive mood today and am starting afresh :D It's such a nice day out, how could I not be in a good mood? :)

I've had a 30g bowl of Porridge for brekkie, topped with banana and 1tsp of cinamon! Even had it without milk this am - just as a trial cos a girl at work reckons its nicer with no milk poured on top. I have a good lunch with me too.

Heading down to Limerick tonight with guys from work, so in my bag I have three Bran Muffins, a lunch box with some blueberries in it, a yogurt, 2 banana & 2 WW Bars. It's going to be a long exam tomorrow (4 hours :eek:) and it starts at 8am so I have to bring my brekkie with me to the hotel! Roll on 12pm tomorrow, till the exam is over and I'm on my way back home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hey all :)

So had WI this morning & I was down 0.25lb .... It's TOTM though so I think part of it is water retention, I didn't eat my weeklies at all though & only exercised 2 days so possibly I didn't eat enough BUT it's a loss even if it is tiny & this weirdly seems to happen me when I'm waiting to get into the next stone bracket! I'm 12.25 now ..... C'mon the flipping 11's!!!

I had a pretty good wk food wise but I'm out on site with clients again & the days are long so I'm totally zonked when I get home hence lack of exercise. They're in Wicklow so I now have an hour drive each way every day instead of my usual 20min to the office :( pain in the a$$ for WW food & exercise planning! Thankfully it's a 3 day weekend! I'm going to forbidden fruit this weekend so I'll gobble my weeklies for sure! So nice to go to a music festival in Dub then go home to my own bed at the end! I'm planning on a massive breakfast/ brunch to keep me going so I don't end up eating crap on site all day evening! Also the event is sponsored by bullmers which I don't drink & that'll be the bulk of the alcohol on offer so I won't really be drinking at all which will help with my points!

Have a good weekend all & shoelover best of luck with the exam & sorry about the WI but it looks like you've dusted yourself off & are in the right frame of mind so well done you :) here's to great losses for us nxt wk!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 1halfstone

Hey all,
    After an absolute disastrous week, of not tracking and being generally bold and stupid i manageda 1 pound loss!
    I am very happy, if i dont get ino the 15s next week im gonna scream, been lookn at those stupid 16s now for so long (xmas) anad thinking right im gonna be be in the 15s soon, but just never got there!
    But next week I am gonna be there! All I need is one pound next week and I am in the 15s and I will have the first half stone off!
    That should be motivation enough for me now!
    Back to tracking and excercising for me this week!

Shoe lover I hope you are not too demotivaated this week, but Its prob down to stress and ur exams! Just start afresh after ur exam tomo and im sure things will happen for u next week!

• Advertisement

Just back from a 3mile walk!!:D Feels brill to start the day with a walk.

First walk since 28/04:eek:, foot seems to be holding up well, but will need to wait till the morning again to be sure:rolleyes:

happy Friday everyone :cool:

the sun is shining and it looks to be a glorious day.....so its kinda bleh that I have to spend a large part of the day indoors :mad: if the weather holds I am gonna do a braaii (bbq) over the weekend, love braaiis and have a plan for lots of low point yummies to keep me on the straight and narrow!!! feeling very positive today.....think its the sunshine.....its good for the soul......and the one thing I miss alot from back home :(

tis workout 3 of the C25K program today and am hoping to do this outside rather than on the treadmill for a change of scenary!!! also planning to bake some bran muffins and meringues (thanks for the recipes Lainy and GT) as I bought some meringues from Dunnes yesterday and when I pointed them they worked out at 3pp for 1 nest :eek::eek::eek: which is just an itty bitty high for egg whites and sugar me thinks!!!!! so time to make my own!!!

good luck for your exam Shoelover......and hope you can relax and have a fab weekend after!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

since i was up 2lb on tuesday , ive been strict and under my points allowed everyday , quit booze , well going out with friends till i get into the 18 stone something , i'll be going to take that and bon jovi over the next 4 weeks , so i'll have a few then , but thats the only time im drinking , quit chocolate as of 31/05/2011 , drank 2 litres + of water a day since monday , so im hoping to have a big loss ( hoping ) on tuesday and my motivation is back yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Looks like the sunny weather is having a positive effect on everyone today.

Shoe Lover, glad to hear you are feeling more positive today. It has happened to me twice - put weight on for no reason! Good luck with the exam.

Glad you can get back out & about GT & that your foot is getting better. I'm off to meet a friend for a walk at 12. I have various walking partners which helps because (1) I have to turn up, (2) The time flies when we're chatting & (3) it helps me to keep in touch with friends. It won't be too long of a walk this morning because I have the first school pickup at 1.15pm.

The sunny weather has filled me with energy today too : 2nd load now in the washing machine, grocery shopping done, pot of soup simmering on the cooker (I know it's not soup weather, but it fills me up!) & I even walked the kids to school this morning. Let's hope the good weather continues along with our motivation!

Have a lovely bank holiday weekend everyone (unless you're like me & live in the North & got your bank holiday last week!)

fofany wrote: »
    Glad you can get back out & about GT & that your foot is getting better. I'm off to meet a friend for a walk at 12. I have various walking partners which helps because (1) I have to turn up, (2) The time flies when we're chatting & (3) it helps me to keep in touch with friends. It won't be too long of a walk this morning because I have the first school pickup at 1.15pm.

you walking hussy you:D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH just looked at the scales....my bottomless pit has put me up again! thats like 1/2 stone in 3 weeks :O

sweet jesus.....thats from late night bread/scone binges!

GRRRR! my own fault! bread is not my friend....and such a waste of points....and does not fill me up...and makes me bloated....

but the holiday is over! hard work starts now!

Thanks very much Everyone :D:D:D:D You are all so nice!

ok so my son has been invited to a birthday party tomorrow afternoon.....which means I have to face 3 challenges tomorrow
    1. Pizza :eek: I am not a huge junk food fan but somehow I just can't stop myself when pizza is produced!!
    2. Chicken nuggets :o so I can take or leave chips / burgers but some how I seem to inhale these crumb coated deep fried bits of 'chicken' like they are smarties
    3. Birthday cake :(:(:( I love cake and never seem to be able to say no!!!
    so I am hoping that you guys might be able to provide hints and tips on surviving the nightmare that is little kids parties!!!:o:o:o I really do have the willpower of a flea and if I take the first bite I know I am gonna end up consuming my weeklies twice over!!!! :eek::eek::eek: soooo don't want to fall off the wagon this weekend

flamelily wrote: »
    ok so my son has been invited to a birthday party tomorrow afternoon.....which means I have to face 3 challenges tomorrow
    1. Pizza :eek: I am not a huge junk food fan but somehow I just can't stop myself when pizza is produced!!
    2. Chicken nuggets :o so I can take or leave chips / burgers but some how I seem to inhale these crumb coated deep fried bits of 'chicken' like they are smarties
    so I am hoping that you guys might be able to provide hints and tips on surviving the nightmare that is little kids parties!!!:o:o:o I really do have the willpower of a flea and if I take the first bite I know I am gonna end up consuming my weeklies twice over!!!! :eek::eek::eek: soooo don't want to fall off the wagon this weekend

oh i love your honesty! cos face it...we're all here cos we LOVE food....we LOVE the bad foods....I'm a foodie! and it has got the better of me last few weeks!

Leave it with me...i'll have a snoop around the ww site for there tips and advice. is the party at a friends house? close friend?

would she be awfully offended if ya whipped up something healthy in her kitchen (that you'd bring it with you) how about few chopped up chicken nuggets over salad with some mayo? With the pizza, if they have the packaging hanging around you can point it from that.

maybe you could pop a few tangle twisters into there freezer....so instead of cake you can have the ice cream...i'm sure all the parents would love if you brought some low fat ice creams for them to enjoy :P so you wouldnt look like a odd ball with your own ice cream.

but do try to eat before you go, so your not there with a starving stomach! drink loads of water, or put tonnes of ice into what ever your drinking to make it stretch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

flamelily wrote: »

You could try stuffing yourself full of healthy food before going - then you might not be so tempted if you feel full. Or put a few healthy snacks in your bag for when you get there.

I know it will be soooo tempting, I'd have no will power either but i wish you all the luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement