Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gardai on camera

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Doing their job does not involve assaulting minors. The video also shows a garda about 4 mins in kicking. This is not part of his job. If it was it wouldnt be showing his collegue grabbing him by the arm stopping him

OK, I'll bite, what is a minor doing there in the first place? Is it OK to shout abuse at the Gardaí?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭An Udaras

Anyone else notice at 04:50 the community/mountain bike Guard appear throw a kick and he then grabbed by the Skipper?! Who seemed to say something to him?

Am I correct in what I see?

Well done the other members for keeping there composure not easy in any public order incident, The insp done very well too..

I see another Garda grab him but I don't initailly see a kick. There's so much s**t going on, it's hard to see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

What the hell is the lad doing with the laptop open showing it to people???

I notice its a macbook pro seriously who brings a £1300 laptop to a riot???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭source

afatbollix wrote: »

Maybe he likes to show how a poor citizen, who has no job and enough time to spend camping outside the central bank can afford a laptop that most people with jobs cannot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭wicklaman83

swiftblade wrote: »
    Doing their job does not involve assaulting minors. The video also shows a garda about 4 mins in kicking. This is not part of his job. If it was it wouldnt be showing his collegue grabbing him by the arm stopping him

OK, I'll bite, what is a minor doing there in the first place? Is it OK to shout abuse at the Gardaí?
    I havent a clue what the minor is doing there. Could be protesting,could be walking past and got caught up in the carry on, she could simply have been walking past but i do know one thing. Thats not the issue here.
    No its not alright to shout abuse at a garda but i've yet to understand how verbal abuse allows a garda the power to physically assault anyone.
    I'd like to see you stand up in court and tell a judge the reason you assaulted the girl was because she shouted at you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

the fella with the laptop wasnt showing the lads there anything, he has a 3usb connected into it and has it on a live video feed going out online

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

He's skyping the events to someone I'd imagine, or using it to record proceedings. I saw that kind of craic going on at quite a few of their protests.

Edit: You got in ahead of me Garkane!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭bluetop

He's skyping the events to someone I'd imagine, or using it to record proceedings. I saw that kind of craic going on at quite a few of their protests.

Edit: You got in ahead of me Garkane!

Sure he is always a head above the rest of us!........ and runs like a gazelle caught in the headlights. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Probably a cryptic placard about Jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Well done cig... Great policing of this without using PO unit

deadwood wrote: »
    Probably a cryptic placard about Jobs.

I LOL'd at that i must admit..

I havent a clue what the minor is doing there. Could be protesting,could be walking past and got caught up in the carry on, she could simply have been walking past but i do know one thing. Thats not the issue here.
    No its not alright to shout abuse at a garda but i've yet to understand how verbal abuse allows a garda the power to physically assault anyone.
    I'd like to see you stand up in court and tell a judge the reason you assaulted the girl was because she shouted at you

Of coarse it's not OK to assault someone. But the Gardaí are alowed to use proportional force. Neither you or I was there, so we can't really comment on what was happening.

I don't see a kick on the video. I see another Garda rush in and tap his buddy on the shoulder. Beyond that I would only be guessing, as would you. :)

Its not just another Guard..Its a sergeant.. And look at his body language when he grabs the bike helmet guard.

If you look closely it certainly seems he doing something with foot be it releasing it from some grip i.e. if they where holding onto it or he simply striking out at some one on the ground.

But the complaint from the alleged minor seem to be leveled at the same Guard..

An Udaras wrote: »
    Its not just another Guard..Its a sergeant.. And look at his body language

If you look closely it certainly seems he doing something with foot be it releasing it from some grip i.e. if they where holding onto it or he simply striking out at some one on the ground.

But the complaint from the alleged minor seem to be leveled at the same Guard..

To be honest I havent a clue. He did seem stressed alright. I suppose he could of went too far. But I still can't see crap in that video.

You could be right Swifty.. Im only looking at it from one perspective i.e. the cameras and not the Guards protecting the cordon.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

garkane wrote: »
    the fella with the laptop wasnt showing the lads there anything, he has a 3usb connected into it and has it on a live video feed going out online

So he can afford to have a Macbook, Mobile Data and to stream video, have time to protest and confront Gardaí!

fúck this job lads, I'm joining the protesters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

imfml wrote: »

Wow. That was shocking. It sometimes amazes me what people think is worthy of videotaping.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

It certainly is a novel way of suggesting the thread be closed.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement