Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loan

Options
  • 04-04-2010 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have been refused a bank loan for 7000, they said it was because they had a problem with my wages not paid into the bank. I need to apply again, my statements are all over the shop and im pretty poor at general spending. My credit card is maxed and im usually overdrawn. I am in full time permanent employment. I applied online a couple of times but was thinking of going in and discussing it with manager. Does any1 reckon this will make a difference? Cheers thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Speculator

I have been refused a bank loan for 7000, they said it was because they had a problem with my wages not paid into the bank. I need to apply again, my statements are all over the shop and im pretty poor at general spending. My credit card is maxed and im usually overdrawn. I am in full time permanent employment. I applied online a couple of times but was thinking of going in and discussing it with manager. Does any1 reckon this will make a difference? Cheers thanks for reading.

Wrong forum, however.

• Statments all over the place.
    • Pretty poor at general spending.
    • Credit card up to max limit and usually overdrawn.
    I get the feeling your financial situation goes beyond what you have mentioned above, I would visit MABS.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Moved from Investments & Markets...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

A loan would only make things worse considering your having problems as it is.

I would give it at least 6 months, get your finances in order, reduce you credit card balance and dont go beyond your limit.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

+1 to what Jet Black has said. Speaking to the bank manager will do nothing, they have no clout as regards getting loans approved. They all have to be looked at by an underwriter and from the way you've described your accounts, there's little chance of you being approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

as said by toots speaking to manager will do nothing as loans go from loan advisor to the underwriter to be approved. Branch managers cant do much with these things at all. From my experience the branch managers have little leverage anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

To be honest, can you blame them??

You admit that your "maxed" on your credit card and that you are pretty poor at regular spending as well being overdrawn.

Were you taking the Piss applying in the first place?? The country is having a small fiscal crisis at the moment which the banks are at the heart of.

Suggest you start watching the news and then attack your credit card and bring the limit down on it every time you pay a bit off also cut it up. STOP spending on things you dont need.

When you get straightened out reapply.

Whats the 7k for by the way?

Advertisement