Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FBD Insurance Claim

Options
  • 01-04-2010 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi all
    I have a leak under my bath at the moment that needs to be sorted ASAP.
    The bath and alot of tiles need to be removed so the area can be accessed. I intend to do this myself, but get a tradesman to do the final repairs. Also,slabs downstairs are damaged.
    Thinking it may cost €800-€1000 to fix.
    1:Will there be a problem with me getting fixed quickly.
    2:How do FBD access the damage?
    3:How quick do they pay out?
    Thanks in advanage for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Get an independent loss assessor. They usually work on a basis of 10% - but they will more than pay for themselves.

The insurance industry has had a serious increase in payouts between the flooding last year and due to the recession (people are now claiming for things they should have done some time ago).

Have you reported the claim? I would get your assessor involved even before this. All claims related calls are recorded.

Furthermore, FBD have started to use their own contractors to do work now - may not be across the board, but I know late last year, they started to move to this system. Just something to bear in mind.

Also, you have to be very careful with regard to a water-damage related claim. check your policy document very carefully. It may be that its not covered. Most insurance companies have a clause in there saying that they wont cover this type of claim if it is a result of deterioration over time or bad workmanship.

Be careful. Proceed with caution!

Advertisement