Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Asus Zenfone 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Had a look at the shipping costs using parcel size on aliexpress and the cheapest was €23,that's just for the phone. Did you get the power bank aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭droidman123

Had a look at the shipping costs using parcel size on aliexpress and the cheapest was €23,that's just for the phone. Did you get the power bank aswell?

no it wouldn't accept my code for some reason, just kept coming up "invalid code", but I,m not too bothered about it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

How is this better than the one plus one??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

seannash wrote: »
    How is this better than the one plus one??

There's little enough in it, in terms of specs and benchmarks that I've seen so far. Will be interesting to see a few proper reviews.

no it wouldn't accept my code for some reason, just kept coming up "invalid code", but I,m not too bothered about it tbh.

Not too push about it either as I have one already. Think I'm gonna go with www.bpm-lux.com .Its €5 a month and they charge €5 handling & shipping to their centre in Luxembourg. Then whatever the shipping costs are thereafter. Just waiting for my a\c to be activated. Not get reviews but I'm taking a punt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vincent coffey

how did you guys pay for this
    Ive tried to use an irish debit card but it will only accept a French address for billing this and I cant seem to get by this

how did you guys pay for this
    Ive tried to use an irish debit card but it will only accept a French address for billing this and I cant seem to get by this

I presume just use the same as the shipping address. How long is the promo price of €299 going to be?

So there sold out,feck it just got the delivery address activated

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vincent coffey

f**k it, just received this email from their customer service (went and placed an order for a oneplus one instead)

Dear Sir,

We thank you for reaching ASUS Online Store- France.

After reading your e-mail, we regret informing you that it is impossible to make an order with a billing address outside of France.

We are sincerely sorry for this inconvenience.

We are hoping that you understand this situation and we wish you a ood day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

looks like its waiting then till they release it on amazon * id say 2 more weeks for that one ;)

• Advertisement

f**k it, just received this email from their customer service (went and placed an order for a oneplus one instead)

Dear Sir,

We thank you for reaching ASUS Online Store- France.

After reading your e-mail, we regret informing you that it is impossible to make an order with a billing address outside of France.

We are sincerely sorry for this inconvenience.

We are hoping that you understand this situation and we wish you a ood day.

Ah crap,so did anyone get one?

Ah crap,so did anyone get one?

My order went through last night,said it will be shipped no later than 24th april.i used paypal and getting it shipped through french-office

My order went through last night,said it will be shipped no later than 24th april.i used paypal and getting it shipped through french-office

Good to hear.hope you don't have to wait that long

So the 4gb is available again,to be delivered no later than 06/05. Well that's a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Anywhere i can buy this from

Hootanany wrote: »
    Anywhere i can buy this from

You can get it from the Asus France store:
    http://eshop.asus.com/fr-FR/mobile/zenfone-2/asus-zenfone-2-ze551ml

You would need to use a parcel forwarding service. I used:
    https://www.bpm-lux.com/

Another boards member used:
    http://www.french-office.com/

Never used either before.BPM is €5p/m and €5 per parcel plus shipping costs(approx €25-30). French Office is about €25 plus shipping costs. French Office did have better review though.

One member got declined as they used their Irish address for billing. I used the parcel forwarding address & paid with paypal.

For anyone wanting to "pre-order"
    http://www.whatsontech.com/2015/03/20/orange-asus-zenfone-2-europe-pre-orders/

Doesnt actually say how long it will be or prices,but Ireland is on the list of countries that they will deliver to.

Is Orange over here what network?

Is Orange over here what network?

I,m assuming it will be an unlocked phone

Did you get it yet whats it like?

• Advertisement

Did you get it yet whats it like?

No hasnt been despatched yet.it says it will be despatched no later than the 21/04..so i,m still watching and waiting.

No hasnt been despatched yet.it says it will be despatched no later than the 21/04..so i,m still watching and waiting.

I'm the 06/05 :(

I'm the 06/05 :(

Who did you order from?

Who did you order from?

French Asus store and shipped with BPM-Lux.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Now available from Amazon uk, £195 for 2g/16g version. I am a bit dubious about this though as it has international version.. Amazon.com also have international version, but it also states no warranty. Not sure if same applies with UK site.

Bad reviews about the battery on the 4GB version

http://forum.xda-developers.com/zenfone2/general/battery-zenfone-2-t3004268

Great reviews about the 2GB version. Hopefully its a software issue that will be resolved. Asus have already sent out an OTA update.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

A couple of reviews - gsmarena on the 2gb ZE551ML -nhttp://www.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_2_ze551ml-review-1240.php

and Android Authority on the 4gb version - http://www.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_2_ze551ml-review-1240.php

Android Authority's review bears out the complaints on xda about the 4gb's seemingly software related battery drain issue.

Both reviews are negative on the camera, which is a bit of a deal-breaker for me.

Hopefully software updates will clear up both issues soon, but I'd rather not gamble on that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

looks like ill hold off on the new phone so :(

Any news on shipping from Asus France?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SubatomicKiwi

Mine just changed from 'Your order will ship no later than 06/05' to 'Your order will ship in about one month'. Trying to decide werther to wait it out or just go for the OnePlus at this stage.

Advertisement