Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

after 24 hrs running time on 33R (with light use) i'm at 68%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emo72

case/cover? im not even opening the box till i have a cover! what are you guys doing? amazon uk have some but 6 sterling postage and packaging is a bit rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

I've the Orzly gel case from this link http://www.androidbeat.com/2014/08/5-best-cases-oneplus-one/

Great protection front and back and doesn't add too much bulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I got the rhino shield screen protector.Let the phone fall twice and not a scratch on the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

I bought the Cruzerlite Bugdroid on Amazon, it fits really well and should do a good job at protecting the phone.

Free shipping on orders above 25 quid on Amazon so just buy some stuff you don't need along with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Cocoon wrote: »
    I bought the Cruzerlite Bugdroid on Amazon, it fits really well and should do a good job at protecting the phone.

Free shipping on orders above 25 quid on Amazon so just buy some stuff you don't need along with it.
    just put a Belfast post code on the end of your address and it will be free postage.It will take a day or 2 extra to arrive but it hasn't let me down yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Duff wrote: »
    I've the Orzly gel case from this link http://www.androidbeat.com/2014/08/5-best-cases-oneplus-one/

Great protection front and back and doesn't add too much bulk.

Yep using Orzly case too, ordered one got two! Gave em a good review.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Went with the bugdroid aswell, not bad but not sure how much protection it would offer if I dropped the phone.

Got a tempered glass screen from Orzly though , does a great job and hopefully will protect the screen from any mishaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

Wynnie12 wrote: »
    My phone dropped more than 20% battery in just over 2 hours last night while in standby. Anyone else experiencing this kind of drain? Mediaserver seems to be the problem, whatever that is. Also can't figure out how to upload a screenshot if anyone can help me with that so I can let you all see.
    Cheers

Did factory reset and seemed to have helped with battery drain. Only dropped 8% last night on 3g. Had xbmc installed and have a feeling that may have been the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

quick question for the owners of this great phone, especially ones coming from small screens (iPhone 4 etc.)

how do you find texting on the device? do you one thumb type or is that a thing of the past given its beastly size?

also any people out there using a stylus with this device? seems handy to make the most of the screen when using photo edit apps etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

blocparty wrote: »
    how do you find texting on the device? do you one thumb type or is that a thing of the past given its beastly size?

You can resize and move the keyboard to one side if you want and still use one thumb:
    http://androidhryaplikacie.sk/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/swiftkey-43_0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Wynnie12 wrote: »
    Did factory reset and seemed to have helped with battery drain. Only dropped 8% last night on 3g. Had xbmc installed and have a feeling that may have been the issue

You should be fine still texting with one hand unless you have midget hands. The swipe text function is also really handy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

I've been trying Minuum keyboard, no swipe but the collapsed version is usable with a thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Hogan1

Anyone know if I install the manual update from 25r to 33r will I lost all data/apps i've installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

Duff wrote: »
    You should be fine still texting with one hand unless you have midget hands. The swipe text function is also really handy.:D

i have quite large hands so i should be fine!

thanks, also good to know it comes with Swype, i was an initial beta tester on that when i had my htc hero all those years ago!

looking forward to going back to android after almost 3 years on iOS!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

blocparty wrote: »
    also good to know it comes with Swype, i was an initial beta tester on that when i had my htc hero all those years ago!

Well it doesn't come with Swype, you have to install that.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Blade wrote: »
    Well it doesn't come with Swype, you have to install that.

Installed swiftkey, comes with swype! Nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Another good reason to use a case... Holy shizz!! :eek:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/be-careful-my-one-has-burned.96724/

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

Lardy wrote: »

Ermmm ... Wtf???

Imagine something like that happened in a house. And to think i am waiting to shell out for one of these yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

So I've basically decided to wait it out and get an invite eventually. Theres not another phone out there that ive remotely any interest in

Hows the music through headphones lads? probably the most important aspect for me.. how loud is it? :pac:

• Advertisement

Another good reason not to keep it anywhere near your testicles, apart from the radiation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Blade wrote: »
    Another good reason not to keep it anywhere near your testicles, apart from the radiation :)

strange, when i was doing the OTA updates the phone got insanely hot.
    I did get a bit worried, I had to do 2 updates in a row so the heat was very intense.

It did cool down obviously and it hasn't heated up at all under normal operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

This looks seriously bad....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

General consensus seems to be defect and/or bent phone from sitting on it caused the battery to leak. Not exactly an everyday problem. The OPO would be more susceptible to this due to the inbuilt battery though. Less room to move when the phone gets bent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

who put their phone in their back pocket anyways. is this like that kid whose battery blew up and it turned out it was microwaved or something like that ? :rolleyes:

anyways never mind that shizzle, got my bumper case and xtremeguard screen protector.
    img_20140826_130459cus2j.jpgimg_20140826_130522xss21.jpg
    img_20140826_130547e9s2r.jpgimg_20140826_130614waset.jpg
    img_20140826_13064727s0l.jpgimg_20140826_130701x2siv.jpg
    img_20140826_133616was0m.jpgimg_20140826_1334573vsqh.jpg

Ill be doing a giveaway for a bumper case and screen protector soon and have promised some to a few people on here. They are going in the post 2moro. If anyone is looking for a sp and I am not allowed promote that I am selling them pm me and ill give you a boardsie discount ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

^ Got a link to where you got that bumper case? Looks like it has good protection on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

daytob wrote: »

Im getting this error when I pick my irish delivery address:

Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order.

Are you located in america?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

daytob wrote: »
    Ill be doing a giveaway for a bumper case and screen protector soon and have promised some to a few people on here. They are going in the post 2moro. If anyone is looking for a sp and I am not allowed promote that I am selling them pm me and ill give you a boardsie discount ;)

Sent you a PM there... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Tinie wrote: »
    Im getting this error when I pick my irish delivery address:

Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order.

Are you located in america?

They deliver to Uk maybe try Parcel motel?

Advertisement