Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Hogan1 wrote: »
    Running 4.4.2 but no ota updates seem to be available. Its the Chinese version.

You're probably going to have to do it manually if you have the Chinese version. Your recovery partition might still be Color OS as that's what was originally on them before the reseller manually flashed CM on your phone. I wouldn't do anything yet if I was you as there's more updates coming so it's going to be a pain for you to keep manually patching updates. Wait until there's a stable release after they've fixed the major bugs like battery drain then manually download and install it from the zip file. You might have to flash the stock CM on it first if your recovery partition is indeed still Color OS.

Edit: Here's a thread that might be of some help:
    http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/96258-problems-with-update-via-ota/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

apologies if this is a stupid question.
    The XNPH30O is still popping up for update on my phone.( i never installed it due to the battery drain issue)
    Do I need to install it then the new one or can I just install the XNPH33R when its available.
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Lardy wrote: »
    Dunno, not active on the One+ forum.
    Both Messaging and WhatsApp have the vibrate settings within the app. Both are unchecked yet still vibrating.

OK, found the issue with the vibrating even when disabled... I never thought to check that it was disabled in "Profiles" in the settings menu. 100% my mistake and not a bug at all.
    Dark theme still doesn't work though! :P

No update for me yet... Presume it will be staggered?
    New XNPH33R OTA is available.

Link with more info and manual flashing instructions.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

sham69 wrote: »
    apologies if this is a stupid question.
    The XNPH30O is still popping up for update on my phone.( i never installed it due to the battery drain issue)
    Do I need to install it then the new one or can I just install the XNPH33R when its available.
    Cheers.

If you're doing it OTA you'll have to install 30O first. I was under the impression that you could just sideload that zip file from 25R straight to 33R but the link Captain Morgan posted would suggest otherwise. So they would appear to be incremental updates and need to be flashed in order.

Having read through all 19 pages about this new update on the OnePlus forums, I've decided to stick with 25R until I'm convinced otherwise. People still seem to be having serious battery drain issues with anything up to 20% drain during 8 hours of standby. Oddly not one person posted results from the battery monitor widget, so I would appreciate it if anyone on the latest 33R could post some results of the mA drain from that app after a few hours of standby (with everything like wifi etc. off of course).

33R definitely seems like an improvement over 30O so worth installing it if you're on that, but the verdict seems to be still out on whether or not it's actually an improvement over 25R.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

How long have you guys had to wait to receive your invites after purchasing? Bought mine 11 days ago and still haven't received mine to share. Asking cause the wife is nagging me as she wants one bad (phone that is, haha)

Wynnie12 wrote: »
    How long have you guys had to wait to receive your invites after purchasing? Bought mine 11 days ago and still haven't received mine to share. Asking cause the wife is nagging me as she wants one bad (phone that is, haha)

Only the earliest batch of people who received their invites well over a month ago received their secondary invites to pass on. After that it all ground to a halt, so she could be waiting a while yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

You will be a while. I think I have the phone around 3 weeks or so and no sign yet of an invite. Looks like you will have to keep her occupied till the invite comes in

• Advertisement

I got mine from Adverts. No waiting or messing about with invites...

On the update, I'm finding the phone to a hell of a lot more responsive! No lag at all with typing or swiping. I also have all the gestures turned off as I wouldn't really use them at all anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

I just got the latest update, I've found the battery to be pretty good after the last update so if this makes it even better happy days.

I got 1 day, 19hours and 17min with 29% left before I just put it on charge. Happy enough with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Wynnie12 wrote: »

I ordered my OPO over a month ago and still waiting on invites. Could be a while longer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

On the topic of the new update, I running a Chinese version and the update is available.
    Go to Settings -> About -> System updates -> check for update and boom your good to go.

I got 1 day, 19hours and 17min with 29% left before I just put it on charge. Happy enough with that!

I know the battery is still very good with the new update, but the point is it could be even better. The only way to tell is with proper readings from a monitoring app like the battery monitor widget. As you can see from my readings linked below, my mA drain (on 25R) in standby mode is typically between just 5 and 7. I read that the drain on 30O was closer to 50, so I'd be interested to know what the actual standby drain is on the latest update to see if they did actually fix it, because people still seem to be complaining about it on their forums.

I'll download the app and give it a go. But, to be honest, that screen shot looks like double dutch to me! :D

I'll download the app and give it a go. But, to be honest, that screen shot looks like double dutch to me! :D

Hee, it's just the readings under mA for a couple of hours while the phone is on standby that matter here. With Wifi, bluetooth etc. turned off. The app runs in the background and logs it every ten mins or so, so maybe just check it in the morning when you wake up to see what kind of figures you're getting while it was idle.

Blade wrote: »
    Hee, it's just the readings under mA for a couple of hours while the phone is on standby that matter here. With Wifi, bluetooth etc. turned off. The app runs in the background and logs it every ten mins or so, so maybe just check it in the morning when you wake up to see what kind of figures you're getting while it was idle.

I usually leave the WiFi on at night, but will leave it off for the test purposes tonight. Might be a blessing not waking up to a million emails! :D

• Advertisement

Don't know if I set it right or not...

Don't know if I set it right or not...

Thanks for that. Looks like there's still a battery drain issue there. A mate of mine just updated too, I'll get him to test his and see how they compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭SteM

I'm reading about the yellow band screen issue at the moment. Anyone have this problem on their opo?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

SteM wrote: »
    I'm reading about the yellow band screen issue at the moment. Anyone have this problem on their opo?
    I don't have it but iirc its easily fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Is there any stores in Dublin that stock cases or screen protectors for this phone? Would prefer not to get one today rather than waiting to have one delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Liking the new CM update for the battery! With use of twitter and Gmail (around once per hour for 5 mins ie 8 times) my phone is at 91% after 8 off the charger!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

what cable do I need to connect oneplus to my TV ? I know this is screen casting but just wondering is the oneplus MHL compatible ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

yabadabado wrote: »
    what cable do I need to connect oneplus to my TV ? I know this is screen casting but just wondering is the oneplus MHL compatible ?

Not MHL, cant get it to fit in.

Even if the apec sheet says it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

My phone dropped more than 20% battery in just over 2 hours last night while in standby. Anyone else experiencing this kind of drain? Mediaserver seems to be the problem, whatever that is. Also can't figure out how to upload a screenshot if anyone can help me with that so I can let you all see.
    Cheers

• Advertisement

Wynnie12 if you click "post reply" scroll down the page a bit and you should see a tab called "manage attachments", you can upload the file there.

I read through another entire thread on the battery drain issue over at the OnePlus forums and the general consensus is that the idle drain issue has improved in 33R but still nowhere near as good as it was on 25R. The results were something along the lines of:

25R - 5 to 10
    30O - 50+
    33R - 20 to 30

Steve Kondik from CM had originally said that they had 33R down to 3.5 mA idle drain but that turned out to be rubbish. When a bug report was submitted about this, he replied that rooted devices might cause the extra drain because of root apps remaining active monitoring whatever it is they do. However many of these people didn't have root. I have root on 25R and I only get 5 to 7mA idle drain, so he's talking through his hat. There's supposed to be yet another OTA in a week or so but it's not clear if there will be any improvement on the drain as he hasn't even officially acknowledged it as an actual bug!

I left my phone on standby with 100% battery going to bed last night and eight hours later I still had 100%! Dropped to 99 the second I put the screen on but still, that's bloody good going. I'm sticking with 25R until I see people's results on the next OTA.

Advertisement