Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish drugs 'mule' dies in Venezuela after condoms full of cocaine burst

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

0:54-1:00 Sums up my thoughts on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Murdered by Eamon Dunphy, Gerry Ryan and all the other cokehead Scum
    in Ireland , well done , you sick habit has consquences.

How could Gerry Ryan have killed him?? Are you ok??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Lol

I'd generally have a bit more sympathy for the stone-broke backpacker who finds himself needing money and doing a trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

hondasam wrote: »
    Heard this on the news today,It's hard not to feel a bit of sympathy for him. He was stupid but he is not the first nor will he be the last to do it. RIP.

Why feel sorry for him? He was part of a crime family in Sligo that's responsible for distributing cocaine throughout the North West. He died because he was stupid enough to put a condom full of Cocaine in his stomach. On top of that, we don't even know what this guy was like only that he's a criminal, he could have been a cold hearted murderer for all we know as well. So yeah, I think i'll reserve my sympathy for him tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Were you one of his customers? Ground up some valium and snort that there for yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Why feel sorry for him? He was part of a crime family in Sligo that's responsible for distributing cocaine throughout the North West. He died because he was stupid enough to put a condom full of Cocaine in his stomach. On top of that, we don't even know what this guy was like only that he's a criminal, he could have been a cold hearted murderer for all we know as well. So yeah, I think i'll reserve my sympathy for him tbh.

I am well aware of who he was and what he was, felling a little bit of sympathy does not mean I condone what he was doing because I don't.
    When I heard it I just thought poor idiot he thought it would never happen to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

I have taken cocaine several times at parties when I was younger so I don't really have a right to judge this bloke. I'm sure there are others here who have had a sniff in the past and didn't think about how it got from South America to their nose. I just think he was very stupid but I am not glad to see another human die such a horrible death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I have taken cocaine several times at parties when I was younger so I don't really have a right to judge this bloke. I'm sure there are others here who have had a sniff in the past and didn't think about how it got from South America to their nose. I just think he was very stupid but I am not glad to see another human die such a horrible death.

This is a very good point problemchimp, people who take drugs don't see themselves as bad as the ones who sell them, without a buyer there would be no need for a seller.

I think you'll find a lot people have no issue with that... It's what they have to do to get around the law that people don't like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I can't feel any sympaty for him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I would just make a bunch of gps-guided model boats to smuggle drugs. Something about the size of a jetski, fully sealed and with some solar panels on the deck. Let the currents do as much of the work as possible.

Won't be quick but it'll get there eventually and a lot of the parts would be off the shelf. Something like an iPhone would have most of the sensors it needs, plus processor for the AI, and very low power consumption. Then when it reaches the coast it 'phones home' to tell you it's co-ordinates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I would just make a bunch of gps-guided model boats to smuggle drugs. Something about the size of a jetski, fully sealed and with some solar panels on the deck. Let the currents do as much of the work as possible.

Won't be quick but it'll get there eventually and a lot of the parts would be off the shelf. Something like an iPhone would have most of the sensors it needs, plus processor for the AI, and very low power consumption. Then when it reaches the coast it 'phones home' to tell you it's co-ordinates.

Pm sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Heard this on the news today,It's hard not to feel a bit of sympathy for him. He was stupid but he is not the first nor will he be the last to do it. RIP.

Where there's demand, there's dealers.

Honestly, it's a painful death, but he should have known about it. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

pun intentional?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

I'd generally have a bit more sympathy for the stone-broke backpacker who finds himself needing money and doing a trip.

I hate those people more than the criminals.

At least criminals are honest in that regard that they're criminals rather than letting on be otherwise

Rather than some hiney hole girl was on "banged up abroad" like she was some innocent -

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

What a fool. I did not think that there were people that still tried to smuggle using this method. I wonder how crazy he got before the overdose kicked in.

Of course they do, the fact is that if you are smuggling in this way then you are at the bottom of the barrel and most likely owe somebody either money or favours.

Goddamn hippie coke heads.

Solar panels me balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Poor stupid sod.

Sad tho for anyone to die like this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I am well aware of who he was and what he was, felling a little bit of sympathy does not mean I condone what he was doing because I don't.
    When I heard it I just thought poor idiot he thought it would never happen to him.

Didn't say you were condoing it, I was saying that the guy is responsible for his own death for being an idiot. In regards to the other part, I was highlighting that being a criminal dosen't make it any more sympatising considering the life he leads.

I think you'll find a lot people have no issue with that... It's what they have to do to get around the law that people don't like.

Well drugs are drugs are the end of the day. Whatever way they're brought into the country, is only part of the problem for me. It's the distribution of them throughout the North West that makes me unhappy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Steven81

In the paper it said that another 2 people from Athlone were caught and would be going to Jail in Venezuela, after watching Banged up Abroad in Venezuela they are going to have a tough time but following the saying" do the crime and do the time".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Is he?

The lad used to sleep rough in sligo, I'd expect a crime family distributing coke to afford somewhere to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

gustafo wrote: »
    there's another episode sorted for banged up abroad in a few years time

I knew someone on that! Couldn't believe what I was watching the night it was on. Hadn't seen her since we were in our early teens about 20 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

ITS WORSE THAN A DOSE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

He must have had some buzz before he dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Sad tho for anyone to die like this :(

Sad my ass, if you're stupid enough to play with fire, you're gonna get burned. Natural selection at it's finest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Does anyone know what a massive overdose of the ****e causes? I.e. was it quick or painful?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Steven81 wrote: »
    In the paper it said that another 2 people from Athlone were caught and would be going to Jail in Venezuela, after watching Banged up Abroad in Venezuela they are going to have a tough time but following the saying" do the crime and do the time".

We will see how tough they are over there:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

EGAR wrote: »
    Does anyone know what a massive overdose of the ****e causes? I.e. was it quick or painful?

From what I've read/heard it's a horrifically painful death.

Hope the lads get a good night's sleep;)

Venezuela and its capital, Caracas, are reported to both have among the highest per capita murder rates in the world. Most murders and other violent crimes go unsolved. Armed criminal gangs often operate with impunity throughout the urban areas. The poor neighborhoods that cover the hills around Caracas are extremely dangerous. U.S. travelers have reported robberies and other crimes committed against them by individuals wearing uniforms and purporting to be police officers or National Guard members. Police investigations into kidnappings have revealed that police officers are often involved. Caracas tops list of murder capitals of the world

• Advertisement

Advertisement