Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Lads I don't really understand how to do this type of bet :confused:
    If I went into the bookies say Paddy Power what would I write on the betting slip? And on the Paddy Power website what would I look up to check the odds for it :confused: I'm lost :pac:.
    powers probably won't offer this market on a la liga game.

seanhynes wrote: »
    going to throw 300 on that Eduardo Gonzalez cards bet on bet 365. 4/5 its buying money in my opinion!
    bit of background if you like the bet so much, thanks.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    They were very poor...created f all
    going by espn stats

22 shots
    9 on target
    1 conceded shot on target
    63% possession

seems unlucky not to win going by those stats.

kaiser must have played with 11 men behing the ball all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Singles on Fulham (2/1), Norwich (10/11) and over 6 cards in the Real Madrid Match (Evens) this weekend for me.

Hopefully that crazy ref Robbie mentioned is his usual card happy self.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

going to throw 300 on that Eduardo Gonzalez cards bet on bet 365. 4/5 its buying money in my opinion!
    shangri la wrote: »
    bit of background if you like the bet so much, thanks.

I am bored so i ll do the background :p

Ref for that game is this guy
    If adds were allowed on cards, this guy would be worlds best earner.

Average amount of cards per game for Betis at home is 2.5
    For Real away it is also 2.5 but Reals opponents average 4 cards per game.

So yeah. It seems like one that should come in easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

If I went into the bookies say Paddy Power what would I write on the betting slip? And on the Paddy Power website what would I look up to check the odds for it :confused: I'm lost :pac:.

PP have it on their website.
    beside the match odds theres 124 more bets button.
    click on that and then theres a card market section.
    You can do in shop but would have to have the odds taken from the internet yourself as the girls wont have a clue.

Betis v Real Madrid
    card index
    over 60 points 4/6
    €5 win

thats all you write.

Derek! wrote: »
    Evens for over 6 on Will Hill which I assume is the same thing?

Yea I dont know their rules Derek but I'd imagine they are the same as bet365.
    1/1 looks very good considering its 4/6 with PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

inforfun wrote: »
    I am bored so i ll do the background :p

Ref for that game is this guy
    If adds were allowed on cards, this guy would be worlds best earner.

Average amount of cards per game for Betis at home is 2.5
    For Real away it is also 2.5 but Reals opponents average 4 cards per game.

So yeah. It seems like one that should come in easy.

grenada valencia alone he gave out 13 last weekend,the line will be higher come 8 or 9 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Sunderland or draw @ 1.75 - Liverpool without a win in the league in 3 games, despite 2 of them being against United and Arsenal. Liverpool tend to draw a lot of games, and with Sunderland a much better outfit now, I think there is value here, going with double chance to play safe.

Everton or draw @ 1.53 - Spurs have struggled lately, and away to Everton won't be easy. Everton have won their last 3 home games in the league, against Chelsea, Man city and Fulham.

Southampton @ 1.44 - Top of the league, Southampton are unbeaten in the league since a 2-0 defeat to Leicester in January, winning 4 and drawing 4. Barnsley are without a win in 4 games.

Reading @ 2.20 - Reading have found form, winning their last 7 in a row. The reverse fixture was a win for Reading and I can see a repeat.

Wolves v Blackburn - Both teams to score @ 1.60 - Both teams leak goals and both badly need points. Can see quite a few goals in this and definetly both to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

robbie1977 wrote: »

PP have it on their website.
    beside the match odds theres 124 more bets button.
    click on that and then theres a card market section.
    You can do in shop but would have to have the odds taken from the internet yourself as the girls wont have a clue.

Betis v Real Madrid
    card index
    over 60 points 4/6
    €5 win

thats all you write.

Cheers buddy, so in order for that to come in i'd need 7 yellow cards am I right?

Cheers buddy, so in order for that to come in i'd need 7 yellow cards am I right?

4 yellows and a red also brings that bet in. 10pts for a yellow,25 pts for a red card

• Advertisement

grenada valencia alone he gave out 13 last weekend,the line will be higher come 8 or 9 tonight

I am on it as well.
    Slightly lower stake though ;)

Grenada at home i usually take on the cards. Weird enough they are much "cleaner" away from home i have the impression.
    Might have to do with their rather fanatical crowd.

v.tempting to throw in a Madrid win too as part of a double 1.7/1.. not going to risk it though seeing as there in Europe Wed and they can maybe afford to draw 1 game and still be comfortably top,Betis are no mugs at home

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭paulisagayboy

I am on it as well.
    Slightly lower stake though ;)

Grenada at home i usually take on the cards. Weird enough they are much "cleaner" away from home i have the impression.
    Might have to do with their rather fanatical crowd.

Inforfun, Robbin, Sean looking at cards market here- regular better but never gone on cards before- wonder is it worth goin over 70 for slightly better odds??

Also if he gave out 13 cards last week will he be a bit cautious today?

i reckon he will cover both.this guy he usually goes in to 70 pts and into double digits in league matches . Its worth a big stake alright i reckon. If u have a 365 account u can also bet inplay on the cards aswell. Last week was a gift seeing as i usually back cards in every Valencia league game with good success especially games at the Mestalla.have noticed Betis opponents tend to rack up quite a few cards going on recent matches at Estadio Benito.. Im going big on it,hopefully it pays off if he keeps his consistency and form!!
    its a different game this week im sure he will be told not to go as daft as last week. I watched last weeks Grenada Valencia game and he was handing out cards for players speaking back to him over a decision going against them!

One thing i notice, or at least i think it is the case, that most cards are dished out in the last 30 minutes or so.
    So in play can be a good tactic as you ll need less cards for the same odds after a while.

And this particular referee only seems cautious if he leaves his cards at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Fulham / Liverpool / Tottenham (about 14/1)

Going to throw €5 on that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Birmingham, MK Dons and Huddersfield to win.
    Anyone see anything wrong with this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Man City at 4to6 v Swansea tomorrow in a double with Norwich at home to Wigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

West Ham/Southampton double at around evns
    Brighton, MK, Huddersfield, Shrewsbury at just over 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

accum:
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Ludogorets
    Under 3.5 in Chelsea v Stoke
    Under 2.5 in Milsami v Olimpia Balti
    @ 2.54

Olimpia Balti drew 0-0 away to Sheriff, the best team in Moldova and only lost 1-0 against Dacia (the 2nd best team in Moldova) last week, Milsami are 5th in the league table and have signed several foreign players recently. I think this game should go under 2.5 goals.

Stoke lost 2-0 at Old Trafford, drew 0-0 away to Liverpool and only lost 1-0 away to Valencia, surely Chelsea won't score more than 3 goals especially if Torres remains in the starting line up.

• Advertisement

One thing i notice, or at least i think it is the case, that most cards are dished out in the last 30 minutes or so.
    So in play can be a good tactic as you ll need less cards for the same odds after a while.

And this particular referee only seems cautious if he leaves his cards at home.

ya thats true,only thing is in Spain theres usually 1 card shown around 15mins in,brings the line up another bit and market doesnt budge for a while,sometimes it can work out better backing pre game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Carlisle United - Bury
    Pick: Carlisle United
    Sheffield Wednesday - Bournemouth
    Pick: Sheffield Wednesday
    Elgin City - Peterhead
    Pick: Elgin City

Treble is 6.75/1

I think the odds on Wednesday are pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭paulisagayboy

Wonder about cards in Bolton qpr game- over 40 is evens and Its a relegation dogfight!

Heerenveen - Excelsior

Bas Dost hat trick @6

Scored 5 against Excelsior earlier this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Can someone explain what an asian handicap is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Birmingham to win both halves at 11/2. Gonna use the free Skybet on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Bolton v OPR can see goals in this one both teams need a win
    Over 2.5 goals Evs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Lads, whats a good betting site to join with good joining offer? Fed up giving Paddy Power my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Polar101

Gone with Sunderland to win, Sunderland seem to be sliding back to their mid-table level and have Cattermole and Sessegnon suspended, but Liverpool aren't a great team. Decent value in the odds (4.6).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Lads, whats a good betting site to join with good joining offer? Fed up giving Paddy Power my money.

Bet365 are good good sign up bonus

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement