Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galway GAA discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

kala85 wrote: »
    will thurles be full for the replay next Sunday.

Thurles holds around 46,000 according to official capacity so no chance of it being full. No other major game on either, just the minors. I'd expect a crowd of maybe 20,000 or so. Can't imagine it being much more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Won't come to it anyway hopefully but still a ridiculous situation. Why not wait until after Sundays match

Ya here's hoping that's me being over pessimistic and we don't need to worry about a clash between the two Galway games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

crusier wrote: »
    Harry Kane is a Galway man and could be lifting the world cup that day.

I heard he's a very 'wristy' hurler.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

what was the attendance at croke park last week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭MfMan

kala85 wrote: »
    what was the attendance at croke park last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Wexford hurling u21s off the field in the last 15 minutes or so. Umpire randomly deciding that tonight is the night to penalise the goalkeeper for going outside the small square on the puck out. That's fair enough if it was across the board. Ref also randomly blew a penalty for Wexford before he realised he was wrong. After a bright start Galway have faded completely. Rory O'Connor, White and Casey all knocking over good scores. Galway struggling inside and defensively look fragile for a goal or two. Need a strong start to the 2nd half or this will run away on them. Either way watching Cork it doesn't look like they'll be beaten at this grade this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Rather he gave the penalty. Haven't had a decision since. How he thinks he could blow when he hadn't a clue what happened is beyond me.

Galway totally out of this. Penalty saved but 4 down and all the old failings showing up.

Ref is a disgrace. Playing four minutes extra. No injuries stoppage time ref plays six minutes. Getting screwed here.

Extra time. Galway looked to have it even with 14 men but 1.5 minutes over the injury time Wexford get a goal to draw.

• Advertisement

We hit 25 wides but that ref was the most one eyed disgrace I've seen in years. Our lads had to get decapitated to get frees.

That said Caulfield and Foley off the bench were outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

That ref was a disgrace there, pure and simple.

There was more stoppages in the 1st half of extra time than the injury time yet he plays 50 seconds of only 1 minute. Wexford well on top now though. Find it hard to see Galway working their way back into it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,303 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Talk about having to play 16 men. Jokeshop.

Fully deserved win!

Woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo

Game of the year right there! Incredible scenes.

HON TA **** YOU HEROES

A brilliant fightback against a normal time robbery by the ref. Delighted

What a win. Was going nuts when I only saw 1 minute added time in 2nd period but what a finish from Bleahene who had a bad night but a masterstroke in the end re-introducing him. Fair play to the lads. Wexford drove some desperate wides in extra time that should have finished us off but the lads stuck at it. The experience of these sort of games is priceless in player development. Feel a bit sorry for Wexford they cleaned us out for long stages wouldn't have begrudged them the victory but they probably lacked the killer instinct to bury us when they were on top. Given how the game went to extra time to win it was extra sweet.

Tony Ward might be in the stands for the semi final.

• Advertisement

Tony Ward might be in the stands for the semi final.

If he is so be it but he had to stand up for his team in that instance. He's usually a quiet man but he was seething at full time. it took all his restraint not to clock the ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭threeball

Just catching it on tg4 and that has to go down as one of the most disgraceful refereeing displays ever. The lad should hang up the whistle. Refs have a tough gig and getting calls wrong is understandable but he got less right that wrong. As for his umpire and the illegal puck out.... I'll say no more.
    Fair play to them. Deserved to win especially given the way they were penalised unfairly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Where is the ref from that was the most blatant biased officiating I have ever seen total disgrace

Where is the ref from that was the most blatant biased officiating I have ever seen total disgrace

Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Great win tonight with all that went on with the officiating piss poor actually.
    I can’t see the seniors being as complacent again on Sunday back to basics should carry the day take the points like last year. Jonny Glynn got roasted the last day same as fifteen final he’ll win it in the air but get mangled by kk defenders.
    This is knockout here because I can’t see the losers beating limerick with a six day turn around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Only caught that deferred and had the result ruined on me beforehand. Still what unbelievable scences. Fair fcuks to them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭threeball

I says wrote: »
    Great win tonight with all that went on with the officiating piss poor actually.
    I can’t see the seniors being as complacent again on Sunday back to basics should carry the day take the points like last year. Jonny Glynn got roasted the last day same as fifteen final he’ll win it in the air but get mangled by kk defenders.
    This is knockout here because I can’t see the losers beating limerick with a six day turn around.

If we use glynn he needs to alternate with JC with the half back line alternating going to either one. It would put major pressure on any defence to watch them both as defenders will struggle one on one. Leaving him stuck in one position makes the gameplan predictable and easy to defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Laois. Originally from Tipp :rolleyes:

threeball wrote: »
    If we use glynn he needs to alternate with JC with the half back line alternating going to either one. It would put major pressure on any defence to watch them both as defenders will struggle one on one. Leaving him stuck in one position makes the gameplan predictable and easy to defend.

The puck out would want to be varied a lot also,high and straight down on top of defenders won’t help.
    I know horgans ref style came in for criticism last Sunday but he does let a game flow JCs opening point in the all Ireland last year how many times was he fouled and he still let it go.
    Also if they did start to switch you say what’s wrong with Glynn doubling on the puck out instead of always going for the catch it will make defenders think and buy him more time when he does catch it. The breaking ball from it becomes 50/50 rather than him getting done for over carrying when he gets smothered by the kk defense.

• Advertisement

Same team as last week only Burke and Mannion moved obviously not expecting them to be as bad again. Kk no change either the mind games begin best of luck on Sunday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement