Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

djgaillimh wrote: »
    Anyway, Dolphin HD browser is now out and looking pretty cool. Check it. Very smooth and flash on my Desire.

Got that this morning. Very beast on the desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Just played the Wings of Steel demo, pretty impressive. Controls are actually reasonably good because the planes fly quite slowly.

Also I'll be trying this out later tonight - http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/09/wii-controller-demo-gets-active-android-and-wiimote-handle-donk/

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

Shows 15 recently opened Apps rather than the normal 6.
    I haven't tried this yet but seems like a good idea
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=676438
    http://www.xda-developers.com/android/show-15-recent-apps-with-morerecent-for-android/

Got my UK sim today and im looking at the paid apps, when i seen doodle jump i was very excited, but the price of it is unreal and the comments turned me away from buying it (No tilt controle. :()

Anyone suggest some of the new updated apps or games that are worth the money.?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I love Blow Up
    Theres a light version with 10 levels I think but the full has about 65 or somethin.
    Theres also iDemolished which is based around the same thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭squareboy007

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Got my UK sim today and im looking at the paid apps, when i seen doodle jump i was very excited, but the price of it is unreal and the comments turned me away from buying it (No tilt controle. :()

Anyone suggest some of the new updated apps or games that are worth the money.?

whats the easiest way to get a uk sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Got my UK sim today

Just wondering where you got the sim if you dont mind, i tried but no joy.
    Cheers.

I love Blow Up
    Theres a light version with 10 levels I think but the full has about 65 or somethin.

Got the demo, not bad. pretty fun, ill prob get the full version.
    whats the easiest way to get a uk sim?

Ask for a free one. :D
    boc121 wrote: »
    Just wondering where you got the sim if you dont mind, i tried but no joy.
    Cheers.

I went on to three.co.uk and put in my details, address and I used a northern Ireland post code, I think 3 are the only ones that allow you to manually insert your address along with postcode..

Ive got another one spare, first one to PM me with a request for it gets it. :pac:

Three gove ya 2 for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Nice one, thanks Darksaga87 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I love Blow Up

85 levels now I think. Love that game.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Don't know if it's been mentioned.

EStrongs File Manager - Connect to shares on your LAN to transfer files, FTP shares or Bluetooth devices.
    And it's a pretty decent file manager too.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

im looking for a good gps app, any recommendations?

Google Maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    im looking for a good gps app, any recommendations?
    Copilot 8 is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

Baza210 wrote: »
    Google Maps?

for some reason it is running really slow for me, i just want to try out different ones and see which one i like best.

Do you have GPS and 3G enabled? How about the wifi location setting too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

I've got Copilot installed but anyone know any good basic map app for Android (something like the old mapopolis say).

With Copilot (much like Tomtom) they always seem geared to merely getting you to a destination which of course is great but i like to easily browse the map as well (which always seems a secondary concern on these apps).

I know there's google maps but i'm not mad about the way it does POI's and you can't really use it if you find youself offline.
    Any ideas?

This reminds me of Drunkblocker.
    You select the numbers you dont want to call and the time period(say from when you start drinking until midday the next day) and once its on you have to solve math problems if you want to call them(and at the right difficulty setting these can even be a whore sober)
    http://drunkblocker.appspot.com/

Class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smithy1981

This reminds me of Drunkblocker.
    You select the numbers you dont want to call and the time period(say from when you start drinking until midday the next day) and once its on you have to solve math problems if you want to call them(and at the right difficulty setting these can even be a whore sober)
    http://drunkblocker.appspot.com/

Really wish this blocked texts, as they're usually the way I make an idiot of myself. Anyone know off an app that does??

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

I have an iPhone and to be honest its just not all its hyped up to be. Looking at gettng a Desire but was wondering if there are any apps for:

Dart Times & iCopter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I have an iPhone and to be honest its just not all its hyped up to be. Looking at gettng a Desire but was wondering if there are any apps for:

Dart Times & iCopter?
    There is an app called next dart or somethin like that.
    Whats iCopter?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Sounds good. I only just got an iPhone and now I want a desire!

icopter is a game and it looks like throttlecopter does the trick.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

mkennedy wrote: »
    I've got Copilot installed but anyone know any good basic map app for Android (something like the old mapopolis say).

With Copilot (much like Tomtom) they always seem geared to merely getting you to a destination which of course is great but i like to easily browse the map as well (which always seems a secondary concern on these apps).

I know there's google maps but i'm not mad about the way it does POI's and you can't really use it if you find youself offline.
    Any ideas?

Just started messing with AndNav2 now. Not managed to get the navigation working yet, but you can select from various different renderings of the OpenStreetMap data as well as the Google Maps/ Satellite and Terrain maps as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Spocker wrote: »
    +1 for Locale, I find it excellent. You don't specifically need to use it with GPS, it will work off the cell towers too.

One handy use for this (I found), in order to stop the missus constantly ringing me to see did I make it to work ok (its an hours drive over crappy roads) I setup locale to send an automatic SMS when I arrive in range of the mobile tower closest to the office :)

Yea, Locale is def worth the $10. You can set it up once for a given situation, and then not worry about having to change settings. Before I got it, anytime i out silent on in work, I always forgot to switch it back, and ended up missing loads of calls in the evening.

Now, no worries.

Also love that I can set it so that if its turned face down any time between 11pm and 9am it won't ring or vibrate. Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Google Translate was just updated. Text messages can now be translated aswell.

I love all these little updates constantly flowing in.

Just looking at the sky map app, google earth and street view of google maps on youtube and the way they work with the orientation thing (g sensor?) is incredible.
    Is street view available anywhere in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Not yet... I was caught twice in March '09, not sure how much longer we'll have to wait though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

mkennedy wrote: »
    Just looking at the sky map app, google earth and street view of google maps on youtube and the way they work with the orientation thing (g sensor?) is incredible.
    Is street view available anywhere in ireland.
    It just uses the compass :D

It just uses the compass :D

Yeah the "orientation thing" :p that i mentioned :o

No, for some reason i had it stuck in my head that the whole positioning/velocity sense of these devices was governed by one instrument (serving as both compass and accelerometer).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Giroscope

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement