Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TomTom on the iPhone: skip to next waypoint?

• 16-02-2014 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I use my TomTom app a lot, but I'm finding one little quirk kinda annoying and suspect I'm missing something that's already been fixed.

Say I'm going from Dublin to Cork, the "best" route is along the M7 then M8, but I decide to take a scenic route, and go via Abbeyleix. So I add Abbeyleix as a waypoint and off it goes. The problem is that once in Abbeyleix, TomTom leads me down a sideroad to the 'town centre', and then makes me u-turn to get back on track. Sometimes I have to deal with lights and backed up traffic just to get to this centre.

It can be alleviated by knowing street names or something in the waypoint town, but that's not something I know and even so, smaller towns don't have street names that can be selected in TomTom.

What I'd need ideally is a button that says "I'm in Abbeyleix by own estimation, go to the next destination". Or maybe slightly shorter. I'm guessing I can go in and remove the Abbeyleix waypoint once I'm happy I'm in Abbeyleix but that seems counter-intuitive and slightly dangerous while driving.

Advertisement