Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quick Insurance Question

• 27-02-2008 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hey guys planning on borrowing a friends berlingo at the weekend. I've my own policy with Quinn Direct Fully Comp and a full licence, do I need to get my insurance changed over for the weekend or will I be covered to drive this.

Thanks in advance, Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

think your fully comp insurance covers you to drive other vehicles

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briman1983

Ya thats true I think alright but since the van might be classed as a commmerical would I be covered on that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

no one knows for defo whats on your policy. ring em on 1850 75 1850 to find out for sure.

i'd sure hate for someone to tell me on boards "yeah your insured" only to have to explain to the garda "well this guy on boards said i was insured"....

it'll only take a minute ring em tomorrow and you'lll know for sure

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I wanted to borrow a mates van a while back - I'm fully comp inc driving other cars but they said I wasn't covered in a van.

In the end I got named on his (the van's) policy for €25.

Edit: They wouldn't transfer my insurance either.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Onthebus

FBD commercial insurance was OPEN by default last year, this year they are selling it without OPEN and its cheaper but the open status would allow anyone over 24 and under 71 to be covered if they drove your van!

Needless to say they never told me that or sent any documentation which detailed that fact so I never made use of it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

Onthebus wrote: »
    FBD commercial insurance was OPEN by default last year, this year they are selling it without OPEN and its cheaper but the open status would allow anyone over 24 and under 71 to be covered if they drove your van!

Needless to say they never told me that or sent any documentation which detailed that fact so I never made use of it!
    ive an FBD commercial policy too and i noticed this on my insurance cert although i always doubted it because i never asked for it, and they were cheaper then everyone else even though every other company's quote didnt offer open insurance

briman1983--as far as i know you will have to get on your mates policy as legally there can not be two policys covering one vehicle at any one time
    i open to correction though

Advertisement