Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WHAT ABOUT MAH LEGS, CHARLIE MURPHY??!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

Dead Ed wrote: »
    Clean and jerk: 90-95-101(fx2)-90-96-100(fx2)
    failed the clean on the 101 and the jerk on the 100s

don't think I've ever jerked 96 after a full clean so that's almost kind of a pb.

3 position catch cleans (above parallel, at parallel and rock bottom) 60kg x3 sets

*enter bastarding headache*

squats 99-90

pulldowns
    kurls
    think I prefer the bar for curls rather than dumbbells

idiotic commuter race on one of the climbs back home. lungs are in ribbons.
    impossible to resist

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

GASMANN wrote: »
    impossible to resist

It's a disease! I can restrain myself a little in the morning, but it's war in the evenings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

the worst is when you've a proper amount of ground to make up on your prey. by the time you pass them your bollixed but if you take your foot off the gas they'll burn you right back. a vicious circle.

Tell me about it, the bastards always seem to speed up at least 5kph when you get past. Lungs still aren't right!

felt like death again (poor coffee timing), nearly blacked out under a 20kg bar (!)

snatch: missed 75 behind, then got it, 80 was easy, missed 85 behind, missed 88 twice (basically pulled it and turned into a wet fish), got 85 on the way back. think I went for 88 again but it was nowhere close. 85 is good for a bad day :P.

squats: 103, 93

DB bench: 20s 3x15, will stay with that weight till it feels easier

split squats (no foot elevated, something something.. revolutionary... something) 3x10 a side with all of thirty kilograms

2 scoops unflavoured whey, a load of cream, pint of milk, half a teaspoon of cinnamon. This was good.

Don't really like the idea of training tomorrow. Avoided a commuter race because the other ****er was breaking red lights and I've given up on that like a good little obedient citizen (I get to rest more this way and don't fancy giving the coppers €200)

• Advertisement

clean and jerk: 95kg, failed the waterloo again (bleh)
    squats: 107, 97
    kurlz, pulldowns, inverted rows.

Later: push 400cc sportsbike for 500m when it stalled and the battery died. Probably reduced chances of death significantly. Terrifying thing. I want one.

erm....
    snatch: 2 doubles at 70kg. Every lift I did today looked different. missed a ****load, dropped one on my ass

Squatulus:
    99-90

I kept dropping things, everything, collars, weights, no coordination. Stupid organism.

pulls: 3x3x90
    Death.

Don't think I did anything else. Neck is moderately Tokened. I'm a seriously delicate flower if my nervous system is ****ed from last week. I'll assume the universe was outta whack and everything will be fine tomorrow.... right?

Erm, 81.97kg. Supra-iliac is like 10mm from about 20 in late December (at 88 or so). This is probably good. I've another two weeks at a high level of paleotardation. Started to look like I've gotten on the wrong end of the Reich. Anyway:

OHS , 40x10, 50x10 (I'm doing these to spite yesterday's Ed, bastard owes me money.)

Clean and jerked up to 80 for 5 doubles. Hit my chin again on the second (you don't only do this once, that was a lie) bit me lip. On the third set of jerks I was landing my right foot further left than my left. They cleared up after that.

squats: 103, 93. boring.

a bunch of snatch things, ended up doing some of those no hands-no feet things. They're all quiet. Feels like I'm sneaking up on something.

Not bothered with anything else. Food please.

Edit: later that day...

lunges, 10 per leg with 30kg super'd with 15 pushups with a few mins rest. Might throw in some inverted rows next time I do that, although next thing you know I'll be wearing brightly coloured runners and falling under police cars :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Hit my chin again on the second (you don't only do this once, that was a lie) bit me lip.

I remember someone telling me that exact lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Erm, 81.97kg. Supra-iliac is like 10mm from about 20 in late December (at 88 or so). This is probably good. I've another two weeks at a high level of paleotardation. Started to look like I've gotten on the wrong end of the Reich. Anyway:

Feckin weightloss all over the gaff.
    I'm down to 97.sommat through my patented "I cant afford Lunch most days" Diet.

• Advertisement

Also since Token has stopped bringing up his lunch every day he's one of the few who isn't losin weight. Imma start abusing him for being fat soon.

howtomake wrote: »
    I remember someone telling me that exact lie.
    I actually thought it was true because someone said to me before he sold me some magic beans. It's a useful thing to tell yourself, depending how you view the idea of usefulness. Usefullness and healthy teeth are mutually exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Also since Token has stopped bringing up his lunch every day he's one of the few who isn't losin weight. Imma start abusing him for being fat soon.

The world has gone mad. I'll outweigh Damien soon and you too you skinny f*ck if you keep up this manorexia. Next thing you know L will be lifting in the 85's and doing metcons.

Dead Ed wrote:
    Started to look like I've gotten on the wrong end of the Reich.

My 'like' above is for this comment not your paleotardation. Just so we are clear.

Yeah right you big nazi.

Warmup: raises and the like. OHS: 10x(20-40-50-55)

"no hands no feet": some pretty things up to 60kg

Snatch:
    5 doubles 70kg. These kinda clunked into place towards the end

squats: 107-97, erm... I need to eat more, lost position a bit here due to wussing out of the groove

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

I actually thought it was true because someone said to me before he sold me some magic beans. It's a useful thing to tell yourself, depending how you view the idea of usefulness. Usefullness and healthy teeth are mutually exclusive.

Well I guess the actual lesson I learned was to rack the damn bar properly before shooting it up to the sky. Oh yeah and to not spasm out your back so it takes months before you can actually jerk off again, that's another helpful tip.

I can never remember what I do differently when I wallop my chin. Same with my patented "headbutting snatches". Probably something to do with angering various gods :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I can never remember what I do differently when I wallop my chin. Same with my patented "headbutting snatches". Probably something to do with angering various gods :confused:

you havent angered me today so this cant be the reason...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

It's because you didn't make my dinner.

• Advertisement

squats 111, 100

clean and jerk 80 for a double. 81 for four doubles

Loadin for 6 hours.

Right, I'm gonna do the dublin open and I'm gonna open at 90/101. Not bothered if I bomb out because I'm kinda training for later in the year. No point in wandering in and doing 85/98 or something. I'm also gonna do a full week's training this week and not taper so the comp doesn't really get in the way.

Right, I'm gonna do the dublin open and I'm gonna open at 90/101. Not bothered if I bomb out because I'm kinda training for later in the year. No point in wandering in and doing 85/98 or something. I'm also gonna do a full week's training this week and not taper so the comp doesn't really get in the way.

I think you are gonna have to perform minimum one sacrifice to pull this off. Y'all be crazy.

token wrote: »
    I think you are gonna have to perform minimum one sacrifice to pull this off. Y'all be crazy.
    I dunno man, worst thing thing that can happen is I'll miss six lifts. It's not like I'll burst into flames or anything. I'm not really bothered just totalling, I've done that enough at this stage so I'm going to do as our great lord and saviour suggested and "be stupid for me" :D. I'll get more experience under intimidating weights and will probably enjoy myself a bit more this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

I dunno man, worst thing thing that can happen is I'll miss six lifts. It's not like I'll burst into flames or anything. I'm not really bothered just totalling, I've done that enough at this stage so I'm going to do as our great lord and saviour suggested and "be stupid for me" :D. I'll get more experience under intimidating weights and will probably enjoy myself a bit more this way.

Lets go have an artistic petrol fight in the local Topaz afterwards! :)

ye weight lifters are a strange breed.

ye weight lifters are a strange breed.
    Spending a lot of time on being **** at two ways of lifting weight overhead might be the cause of that!

today and yesterday:

1xleaving the apartment-fail. Stupid aids. Will try again tomorrow!

Spending a lot of time on being **** at two ways of lifting weight overhead might be the cause of that!

is seeing an opening in the market for sports specific mental heath treatment.

• Advertisement

It's far too late for that. I blame L for all of this.

Advertisement