Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Move S&D or leave as-is?

• 17-04-2015 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

a suggestion has been made to move S&D to sit under the PI forum.
    Besides getting some new mods we don't envision the nature of the forum changing all that much, although we expect we will get more posters now finding us.

As it is quite a few threads from here are moved every so often either to Personal or Relationship Issues. Again that won't change but it will make it easier for those OPs to find their new threads.

Before making this switch though we wanted to gather some feedback from the longterm (and new) contributors here. Without your guidance and experience this forum wouldn't be half as useful as it is so your input is important to us.

I'm adding a poll for ease of use - but feel free to just use the comments.

I'll close this down on Monday, say end of the day - personally I prefer having a timeline as otherwise I'll forget and will stumble back in here in a month wondering why I created the thread in the first place.

For everyone who has contact the mod team with this suggestion - cheers.

- Taltos & bluewolf

PI: 1

Move S&D? 6 votes

Yes - Move it to Personal Issues as a sub-forum
    0% 0 votes
    No - Leave it where it is.
    66% 4 votes
    Other - Move it elsewhere (please post where)
    33% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

How to proceed in court and finding forms is the most asked for thing in S&D. Therefore I think it would be better under legal discussion than P.I.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

ken wrote: »
    How to proceed in court and finding forms is the most asked for thing in S&D. Therefore I think it would be better under legal discussion than P.I.

Yes but as legal advice can't be given wouldn't that be very confusing for newbies?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

So far I think we've moved one thread to legal and all other threads that we've moved were to PI/RI - which is why when the suggestion came it we thought we'd take it back to the forum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

My own feeling is that while advice is needed on how to go about the process, a lot of advice requested is also how to cope emotionally and what to do practically.

I think being part of a larger forum with more regular posters who give advice, would mean posters here get more advice and support than they might have otherwise, and that can only help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

bluewolf wrote: »
    My own feeling is that while advice is needed on how to go about the process, a lot of advice requested is also how to cope emotionally and what to do practically.

I think being part of a larger forum with more regular posters who give advice, would mean posters here get more advice and support than they might have otherwise, and that can only help.

This does make sense. Can I change my vote from other to PI/RI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Sorry gang - see with the re-org here we've shifted in under Family.
    I missed this totally in the initial feedback thread on the upcoming shuffle - apologies.

Personally I think this makes a good fit - but what of everyone here?
    Anyone extremely opposed to leaving this here under Family?
    <as it's no longer applicable I've closed the Poll - again sorry for messing about here>

Advertisement