Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk of a quadruple bypass burger?

• 22-02-2012 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21 Fmurr34

I want to go to Las Vegas sometime, and whie I'm there try a quadruple bypass burger from the Heart Attack Cafe, just for the sake of saying i had one really. Would it be risky to just eat one?
    I'm pretty active and not overweight.

It's 8000 calories of "american cuisine" for those who don't know.

Comments

• I doubt you'd be able to finish it!

" It consists of four half-pound beef patties, twenty slices of bacon, eight slices of American cheese, a whole tomato and half an onion served in a bun coated with lard"

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fmurr34

I doubt you'd be able to finish it!

" It consists of four half-pound beef patties, twenty slices of bacon, eight slices of American cheese, a whole tomato and half an onion served in a bun coated with lard"

I would say "Well I'm gonna die trying!", but that actually is a possibility...

• Apparently one guy had a heart attack during the triple bypass burger...

ewww. Death by Burgery

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

was there in 2009 ..... meh !

if you look beyond the names of the burgers/fries ....the food is typical (maybe slightly bigger) than most american portions....its not as great as you think.

btw - had a competition with one of my friends recently - 2 large XL double whopper meals with cheese (including drinks) at one sitting.... did it in under 30mins, the drink is the hardest part....just to show off I had a few sachets of salt and some packets of ketchup afterwards.

I'd still like to try, just bring a doctor and a trained team of surgeons along for the ride xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mossy2390

not a chance you will finish it, even if you did if your a fit healthy person one 8000 calorie burger wont kill you, tho you will probably fell like crap for a couple days after it and be quite backed up.

do it tho, it would be awesome!!
    be just like being in man v food!

Honestly I'l be ashamed of myself more than anything, I usually eat pretty healthy xD Ah well may try everything once!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Just checked out the site there, reasonable enough. $13 for 4x bypass burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

$13 for that much food, imagine how crap quality it must be, surely! I've eaten in a few NYC diners and ordered cheapish food that came in large plates and I just didn't feel right after eating there, like I was eating really sh*tey quality or something. It wouldn't just be the immense amount of calories and fat that would stop me from eating one of those, but what exactly goes into the ingredients. /shudder

• Registered Users Posts: 38,923 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There no risk eating it. It's just a name. Poor food is bad for you over a long period. You'll prob feel like crap, the the excess cals will make you put on about 1 lb of fat. But you'll prob not feel like eating for a few days so it'll balance out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

A man reportedly suffered a heart attack while eating the “Triple Bypass Burger” on Saturday at a Las Vegas restaurant that serves “Bypass” burgers, “Flatliner” fries and free meals to people who weigh over 350 pounds.

An amateur video posted on Youtube shows the unidentified man being wheeled out of the downtown Heart Attack Grill restaurant on a stretcher after he collapsed in the restaurant that employees told KVVU-TV FOX5 looked like a heart attack.
    Restaurant owner “Doctor” Jon Basso told the news station that he initially thought it was a joke when a waitress who told him a customer eating a Triple Bypass burger, which estimated to contain about 6,000 calories, was sweating and shaking.

However he immediately called 911 and paramedics had arrived quickly to treat and take the man to the hospital, and Basso said that the man is still recovering although details of his medical condition and name had not been released.

“Tourists were taking photos of him as if it were some type of stunt,” Basso told KVVU-TV FOX5. “Even with our own morbid sense of humor, we would never pull a stunt like that.”

Basso had also said that there have been a “variety of incidents” at the restaurant, but Saturday was the first time there was a full-scale coronary.

The restaurant opened last October and is notorious for serving high-calorie, high-fat foods. The restaurant even has a sign that says that indicates says, “Caution! This establishment is bad for your health,” and the just last March the restaurant’s spokesperson Blair River died at 29-years-old from pneumonia. River had reportedly been 575 pounds, according to USA Today.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/news/20120215/9118/heart-attack-grill-man-died-las-vegas-jon-basso-blair-river-triple-bypass-burger.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Thud

Mellor wrote: »
    There no risk eating it. It's just a name. Poor food is bad for you over a long period. You'll prob feel like crap, the the excess cals will make you put on about 1 lb of fat. But you'll prob not feel like eating for a few days so it'll balance out.

Often wondered about that, if you ate 1lb of fat (say 1lb of lard or butter) how much bodyfat would you put on and how much would your body get rid of?

Obviously the different types of fat will make a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,923 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Thud wrote: »
    Often wondered about that, if you ate 1lb of fat (say 1lb of lard or butter) how much bodyfat would you put on and how much would your body get rid of?

Butter is pretty close to body fat in pure fat content.
    and as above 3500 cals equates to 1lb, but only if you eat it on top of your regualar diet, which is unlikely.

If you ate just a lb of butter on its own you'd put on very little, as most would be burned as daily energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Mellor wrote: »
    Thud wrote: »

Butter is pretty close to body fat in pure fat content.
    and as above 3500 cals equates to 1lb, but only if you eat it on top of your regualar diet, which is unlikely.

If you ate just a lb of butter on its own you'd put on very little, as most would be burned as daily energy.
    If you didn't throw up of course. Even thinking about it is making me queasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,905 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You should watch Gluttonbowl they had a butter eating round and a mayonnaise round.

Advertisement