Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork North Central: #GE16

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

gimmick wrote: »
    I am hoping that the re drawing of the lines will hurt SF and their bullshít. Like, I cannot imagine many people from Victoria Cross/Orchard Rd areas will be stupid enough to listen to any of their nonsense about abolishing everything.

That's where the posh/wealthy are. Rich as fcuk!!!! FG/LAB out there for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

I look on with a bit of envy at South Central with likes of McGrath, MM & Coveney.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bridgettedon

FrStone wrote: »
    Plenty of recovery in Cork north central. Plenty out in rural areas will vote for Dara Murphy as a result. The anti everything parties will not do well in rural areas. I'm half thinking about giving my number 2 to Kathleen Lynch, to keep out Barry or Sinn Fein.

Why do you want to keep out Barry?

I think Dara Murphy and Billy Kelleher will get in though I'm not a fan of either. I don't think Kathleen Lynch has much hope. I could never vote SF so that's another 2 candidates out. Very poor selection of candidates. I hate that people will fall for SF spouting rubbish. Some people are very susceptible to hearing lower taxes and don't take into account the consequences of these actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

KC161 wrote: »

The bookies giving a troll phantom candidate odds of 18/1 still seems utterly bizarre to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

Why do you want to keep out Barry?

I think Dara Murphy and Billy Kelleher will get in though I'm not a fan of either. I don't think Kathleen Lynch has much hope. I could never vote SF so that's another 2 candidates out. Very poor selection of candidates. I hate that people will fall for SF spouting rubbish. Some people are very susceptible to hearing lower taxes and don't take into account the consequences of these actions.

I don't want a candidate to get in that is against every think, lpt, water charges, bin charges. His economics are wishy washy.

Murphy and Kelleher will definitely get in as will O'brien.

FrStone wrote: »
    I don't want a candidate to get in that is against every think, lpt, water charges, bin charges. His economics are wishy washy.

Murphy and Kelleher will definitely get in as will O'brien.

Gould to get the last seat in a 3 way battle with Lynch and Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Is anybody actually campaigning or canvassing up here? I know FF called next door, but not to us. And apparently the AAA/PBP crowd were out some day last week too, but that's it. Nobody else has called, haven't seen them on the streets or in the shops or anything. It's weird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

dulpit wrote: »
    Is anybody actually campaigning or canvassing up here? I know FF called next door, but not to us. And apparently the AAA/PBP crowd were out some day last week too, but that's it. Nobody else has called, haven't seen them on the streets or in the shops or anything. It's weird...

we've had a few blueshirts here
    no one else

I've had O'Brien personally call to my door. I've had canvassers of Barry and Kelleher call but other than that no one else. Which is a pity as i was hoping to give Murphy and Lynch a lovely bashing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just had Mick Barrys people at my door. Got very cross with me for saying I paid my water and quite condescending thereafter. Really talked herself out of any sort of preference.

Talk at the moment that its Dara Murphy is losing out with Kathleen Lynch surviving. Mick Barry, Billy Kelleher and Jonathon O Brien taking the others.

Just had Mick Barrys people at my door. Got very cross with me for saying I paid my water and quite condescending thereafter. Really talked herself out of any sort of preference.

Talk at the moment that its Dara Murphy is losing out with Kathleen Lynch surviving. Mick Barry, Billy Kelleher and Jonathon O Brien taking the others.

Murphy is proving far too controversial with taxi's anongst other things. If he survives then it's a fix. Lynch is useless. Barry's people are big on ther issue. In my case it's not that i won't pay, i bloody can't #taxedtodeath

we've had a few blueshirts here
    no one else

Aren't you lucky. Did you watch the debate last night? I have my anti water poster up hence why i have no FG/LAB most likely.

Murphy seems to be a bit of a knob which isn't helping him. I know a few staunch FGers who hope he loses out.

Murphy seems to be a bit of a knob which isn't helping him. I know a few staunch FGers who hope he loses out.

He only got in on pure lies due to him same James Reilly would keep St Mary's in Gurranabraher open and not transfer it to the south infirmary. That was a "cast iron guarantee" so hopefully we'll be here celebrating his demise on saturday. I bet Joe O'Callaghan will be upset then to lose his plum driving job.

My predictions (although unlikely) for the 4 seats are;

O'Brien
    Kelleher
    Gould
    Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭shnaek

Barry's people called, Murphy's people called, Julie O'Leary called and Paddy O’Leary called yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Got a flier in the door from Peter O'Loughlin today, from Identity Ireland. Racism is alive and well it would seem, hopefully he gets absolutely no votes... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

Got a flier in the door from Peter O'Loughlin today, from Identity Ireland. Racism is alive and well it would seem, hopefully he gets absolutely no votes... :mad:

Where is the racism on the leflet?

Anti-European union is what stood out to me.

Is there a website where I can read each persons "manifesto" or whatever they call it?

The only decisions I have made is I wont give SF any preference, but aside from that I have no idea who is getting my vote.

smartvote.ie has me voting green :eek:

http://www.smartvote.ie/results?street_id=100004&const_id=6&e_id=IE001001

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Is there a website where I can read each persons "manifesto" or whatever they call it?

The only decisions I have made is I wont give SF any preference, but aside from that I have no idea who is getting my vote.

http://www.rte.ie/news/election-2016/constituencies/cork-north-central/

RTE have a one minute video with most candidates there where they give a brief speech about themselves.

• Advertisement

He got a bit of a kicking (literally) the early Feb in Dublin at his Pegida gig.

What's the story with this Mick Murphy chap?
    http://www.eveningecho.ie/cork-news/cork-candidate-sacrifices-e30k-postal-drop-to-ease-burden-on-taxpayer/1862829/

Might throw him a 2 or 3, just for not being in my face!

Any up to date bookies odds on who will get elected?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Me too, mind you I do have a soft spot for an idealist so I'll probably give him my no 1!

http://www.smartvote.ie/results?street_id=100004&const_id=6&e_id=IE001001

has me voting green as well ( are the Greens behind it?)
    Re did the survey based on the opposite of how I feel, got Mick Barry!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

First time I heard of the man was when he was Lord Mayor. For the Schools visit he had glossy colour 4x3s printed for each pupil. On one side his picture and the other two songs that he requested be sung on his arrival. I'd love know how much that cost. The fact that he was up to this ego stroking nonsense that early in his career just had alarm bells ringing for me. There's been plenty of stories since that have me questioning his political brain and general cop on. I've slightly astonished he's gone as far as he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

has me voting green as well ( are the Greens behind it?)
    Re did the survey based on the opposite of how I feel, got Mick Barry!

Got Green too! Throw a few bob on the Greens I'd say :p

First time I heard of the man was when he was Lord Mayor. For the Schools visit he had glossy colour 4x3s printed for each pupil. On one side his picture and the other two songs that he requested be sung on his arrival. I'd love know how much that cost. The fact that he was up to this ego stroking nonsense that early in his career just had alarm bells ringing for me. There's been plenty of stories since that have me questioning his political brain and general cop on. I've slightly astonished he's gone as far as he has.

He is more infamous for taxigate. It happened again recently when he used a taxi with no tax or nct for canvassing. I once spoke to a man i know many years who is in a position of authority in a government dept and even he said the man "is the most stuck up pr1ck i've ever met and his wife with him" i hope he is voted out but i fear i am asking for too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

KC161 wrote: »
    He is more infamous for taxigate. It happened again recently when he used a taxi with no tax or nct for canvassing. I once spoke to a man i know many years who is in a position of authority in a government dept and even he said the man "is the most stuck up pr1ck i've ever met and his wife with him" i hope he is voted out but i fear i am asking for too much.

Same here, I still have this horrible feeling he will get in, regardless of all the hate for him!

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    Same here, I still have this horrible feeling he will get in, regardless of all the hate for him!

He is a snakey 2 faced cnut who couldn't run a catering business yet gets a ministerial job. That says alot really. He won't reach the quota but will probably get over the line on transfers. Time to change the system to first past the post. Neither he nor Lynch have knocked on my door,sent canvassers or even sent junk mail. Yet they still expect to be returned. Fine Gael have never had 2 consecutive terms in office but i fear they will by saturday. Not a happy voter.

Advertisement