Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due January/February 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Thankyou doubletrouble? its weird...i really feel like i cant help myself from feeling sad and mourning about it, i almost feel as if i've lost them both...i think i've lost the faith in the pregnancy. WHich is awful and i need to cop on and try to remember i still have one healthy little baby in there....i guess tho im just afraid that one will be snatched away too....:(
    Time will help me refocus my energies no doubt tho!

Im really glad to hear your little guys are doing so well!! It must have been so exciting to see them moving about like that! I couldnt believe during my scan the difference 2 weeks made to my healthy baby!! he/she was dancing around like a little jellybean with arms and legs! Truly amazing! Here's to a healthy, happy and uneventful rest of the pregnancies to all of us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well I went for my first gyny apt this morning, he was late cos he had to be at a birth, but it was grand.

I found him very nice and approachable. Got the scan (normal belly scan AND dildo-cam, ooh la la!) and oh my goodness I couldn't believe how much like a proper baby he (don't know the sex yet but hate calling him "it") looks! His arms and legs were moving around, I could kinda see the hands. The gyny says the baby is 8 weeks and 4 days (which is a good 10 days older than I thought) and so the biggest surprise was that we heard the heartbeat! 152 bpm, grand. ("What to expect when you're expecting" says you can't hear the heartbeat at that stages).

I got a wee bit emotional, it is really real now.

I have to go to the lab tomorrow for blood tests to check my immunity for rubella and toxicoplasmosis, as well as my blood group, haemoglobin and diabetes, these are obligatory, are they in Ireland too? (sometimes I feel really clueless as I have no experience of this at all so everything is new and a surprise).

Next gyny apt is in 2 weeks, where I will get the Down's test apparently. Fingers crossed everything goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Ages since I was on here.

Dublinlady, so sorry to hear about one of your twins. Do give yourself the time to mourn for your lost little one, it is a difficult adjustment to make now to have one healthy baby still to look after having lost one. I know of a lady on another forum who had this happen at a similar stage and she got through it fine in the end, but I do remember she found it very difficult at one stage and suffered a little from depression due to it for a while, partly because she was so worried something would happen to the other baby I think. Would be an idea to look at getting a pregnancy friendly Omega 3 to take, there was an article in a newspaper a while back about this helping to reduce the risk of post and ante natal depression. Thinking of you.

We had a scan earlier this week and both our little bubs are doing great thank god. Measuring a couple of days ahead too which is nice considering the first scan we had they only found one measuring nearly a week behind, so nice to see they have caught up well. I am 16 weeks this week and starting to feel really good about things in a cautious way :pac: I actually bought our first few little bits and a friend has given me a loan of things like a bouncer and swing which is lovely of her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Hi All,

Im 15 weeks and 2 days! :D i think i am experiencing round ligament pain. I now have a bump that is noticeable when i wear certain clothes. sometimes the pain is either at my left lower side or right lower side but its bad when it comes. sometimes lasts for a while then is suddenly gone only to return with a sudden stabbing. other times it comes and goes. sometimes i feel perfectly pain free and then its suddenly killing me. is this normal? anyone any ideas?

visited doc last monday and i heard the heart beat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MiMi P

Hi all,

I'm almost same date as you Ref Fraggle and everything you've mentioned sounds familiar to me. I've a minor bump, again only noticeable in certain clothes and particularly in the evenings. I get pains similar to yours... kinda liked a pulled muscle on either side - low down,more on my left side, not sharp but noticeable. My energy levels are way up, back walking most days, getting more done around the house. I told work on Friday, was soo nervous but my boss was great, very supportive..... So started telling people on Friday... what a buzz, felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders!!!!
    All in all, I have started to relax and enjoy being pregnant, looking forward to the next scan at the end of August, due back to the doctor this week.....

• Advertisement

MiMi P wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm almost same date as you Ref Fraggle and everything you've mentioned sounds familiar to me. I've a minor bump, again only noticeable in certain clothes and particularly in the evenings. I get pains similar to yours... kinda liked a pulled muscle on either side - low down,more on my left side, not sharp but noticeable. My energy levels are way up, back walking most days, getting more done around the house. I told work on Friday, was soo nervous but my boss was great, very supportive..... So started telling people on Friday... what a buzz, felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders!!!!
    All in all, I have started to relax and enjoy being pregnant, looking forward to the next scan at the end of August, due back to the doctor this week.....

its great to hear someone is experiencing similar symptoms. i was grand today! i told my manager a while ago but telling co workers this week. they will be supportive. we are a small team. tellin the hr manager on tue and gona ask for the latest maternity policy. def more relaxed now and enjoying bein pregnant especially since the bump has appeared. my next scan is sept 7th. cant wait. back to doc the 16th aug. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi All,

Im 15 weeks and 2 days! :D i think i am experiencing round ligament pain. I now have a bump that is noticeable when i wear certain clothes. sometimes the pain is either at my left lower side or right lower side but its bad when it comes. sometimes lasts for a while then is suddenly gone only to return with a sudden stabbing. other times it comes and goes. sometimes i feel perfectly pain free and then its suddenly killing me. is this normal? anyone any ideas?

visited doc last monday and i heard the heart beat :D

I know it's hard to describe pain but I think I'm getting something similar too...the most severe is when I blow my nose, I get the sharp pain low on my right side like I'm pulling a muscle or ligament. I never had that before becoming pregnant. (It's a bit of a pain cos I have hayfever so I blow my nose a lot :) )

Also, I get milder twinges all over my lower abdomen.

I asked my GP and my gyny about it and they both said it was ok and nothing to worry about.

Ah you heard the heartbeat, it's pretty amazing, isn't it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Hi red fraggle and everyone:)
    I have been lurking in this thread now for about 8 weeks. I'm 14 weeks today, had my first scan this morning. Didn't post before as wanted to see how things went at that. Had some worries as my 11yr old has a disability and was afraid there'd be a chance something would be wrong. Also, I'm that bit older now. But all seems to be ok with this little one, thank God:D But the 20wk scan will be more detailed. Saw his/her little heart beating, and the little hands up like saying his prayers! This is my 3rd pregnancy, and will be my 3rd c-section. I have an 18yr old too, I'm great at age gaps! No cravings this time, and no puking just retching. My nose is blocked up a lot of the time. The nausea has mostly passed, just tired. My boobs are killing me but God, they are amazing:D. Will be sad to see them go again. Told all close relations already, everyone thrilled. Was worried about 18yr old's reaction, but she told me she has known for weeks now, was just waiting for me to announce it. Apparently, she heard me retching and copped I wasn't drinking at a recent family gathering. Hope everyone else is keeping well, and look forward to posting more in this thread.

73Cat wrote: »
    Hi red fraggle and everyone:)
    I have been lurking in this thread now for about 8 weeks. I'm 14 weeks today, had my first scan this morning. Didn't post before as wanted to see how things went at that. Had some worries as my 11yr old has a disability and was afraid there'd be a chance something would be wrong. Also, I'm that bit older now. But all seems to be ok with this little one, thank God:D But the 20wk scan will be more detailed. Saw his/her little heart beating, and the little hands up like saying his prayers! This is my 3rd pregnancy, and will be my 3rd c-section. I have an 18yr old too, I'm great at age gaps! No cravings this time, and no puking just retching. My nose is blocked up a lot of the time. The nausea has mostly passed, just tired. My boobs are killing me but God, they are amazing:D. Will be sad to see them go again. Told all close relations already, everyone thrilled. Was worried about 18yr old's reaction, but she told me she has known for weeks now, was just waiting for me to announce it. Apparently, she heard me retching and copped I wasn't drinking at a recent family gathering. Hope everyone else is keeping well, and look forward to posting more in this thread.

hey, congrats!!
    its great seeing the heartbeat and movement. when is ur big scan? mine is sept 7th. really want to see it again and know its ok. im not worrying near as much now.
    my nausea has pretty much passed. not as tired but it hits me in waves. my nose is also blocked and stuffy aswell. im slowly coming around to liking chocolate again!
    do you know when ur ante-natal classes will be. the nurse booked mine and i will only be 20 weeks or so. is that early?

Ages since I was on here.

Dublinlady, so sorry to hear about one of your twins. Do give yourself the time to mourn for your lost little one, it is a difficult adjustment to make now to have one healthy baby still to look after having lost one. I know of a lady on another forum who had this happen at a similar stage and she got through it fine in the end, but I do remember she found it very difficult at one stage and suffered a little from depression due to it for a while, partly because she was so worried something would happen to the other baby I think. Would be an idea to look at getting a pregnancy friendly Omega 3 to take, there was an article in a newspaper a while back about this helping to reduce the risk of post and ante natal depression. Thinking of you.

We had a scan earlier this week and both our little bubs are doing great thank god. Measuring a couple of days ahead too which is nice considering the first scan we had they only found one measuring nearly a week behind, so nice to see they have caught up well. I am 16 weeks this week and starting to feel really good about things in a cautious way :pac: I actually bought our first few little bits and a friend has given me a loan of things like a bouncer and swing which is lovely of her :D

Thank you - im taking omega 3 as part of my pregnancy multivitamin, so its good to know it may help my mind also! Im feeling a little stronger this week and think once i have my next appointment - which is next thursday - ill feel alot better. Ill be almost 12 weeks then and will hopefully be able to start to enjoy the one little baba i do have!
    Its great to hear ur little 'uns doing well! Your really getting there now so do relax and enjoy it as its such a special time!!! x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

dublinlady wrote: »
    Thankyou doubletrouble? its weird...i really feel like i cant help myself from feeling sad and mourning about it, i almost feel as if i've lost them both...i think i've lost the faith in the pregnancy. WHich is awful and i need to cop on and try to remember i still have one healthy little baby in there....i guess tho im just afraid that one will be snatched away too....:(
    Time will help me refocus my energies no doubt tho!

Im really glad to hear your little guys are doing so well!! It must have been so exciting to see them moving about like that! I couldnt believe during my scan the difference 2 weeks made to my healthy baby!! he/she was dancing around like a little jellybean with arms and legs! Truly amazing! Here's to a healthy, happy and uneventful rest of the pregnancies to all of us!!

Aww Dublin Lady, I don't normally lurk in here much any more so I'm only seeing this now. So sorry to read about the second little twin, that's very unfair. Of course you should feel sad...most women who have miscarriages have time to cry and grieve and pick themselves up when they're ready. It must be very confusing for you, to have all those emotions, yet still be happy for the little one that's thriving in there.

I hope you're okay and wish you every success with the rest of your pregnancy xx

hey, congrats!!
    its great seeing the heartbeat and movement. when is ur big scan? mine is sept 7th. really want to see it again and know its ok. im not worrying near as much now.
    my nausea has pretty much passed. not as tired but it hits me in waves. my nose is also blocked and stuffy aswell. im slowly coming around to liking chocolate again!
    do you know when ur ante-natal classes will be. the nurse booked mine and i will only be 20 weeks or so. is that early?

Hi, there:),
    My big scan is the day after yours. I'm not so worried now either, since all seemed to be ok yesterday. But will be great if they can confirm that again at 20 weeks, then I'll really relax. Can't believe I have absolutely no cravings this time, and didn't throw up once. This pregnancy is really different to the other two, maybe I'll have a boy this time;). I just assumed as I'm older now that I'd feel dreadful.
    I was offered ante natal classes, but to be honest, since I'll be having the section, I probably won't bother. I went to them on first pregnancy, but it's so long ago, can't remember what stage I started them. Baby ended up breech, and wasn't budging so had section 3 days before due date.
    They would have left me off the second time, but with all the problems the baby had, it was better and less stressful for her to be delivered by section. Then this time it's automatically a section at 39 weeks, after having two already. So baba will be born on either the 16th or 18th of Jan, please God.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 purejuice

Hi everyone, well I went for my scan yesterday I was 13 weeks but sadly the baby had lost its heartbeat @ 10 weeks, its a nightmare that Im not really understanding @ the moment, the strange thing was I was given a scan picture and have to go back on tuesday for a second scan to confirm what they saw but Im not holding out any hope that things will be different. Im all over the place @ the minute what with my hormones and body still thinking im pregnant so hopefully natural will takes its course sooner rather than later for me. Hope you are all still doing good and I wish you all well as time goes on and hopefully sometime in the future I can appear on another thread with some good news. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

purejuice wrote: »
    Hi everyone, well I went for my scan yesterday I was 13 weeks but sadly the baby had lost its heartbeat @ 10 weeks, its a nightmare that Im not really understanding @ the moment, the strange thing was I was given a scan picture and have to go back on tuesday for a second scan to confirm what they saw but Im not holding out any hope that things will be different. Im all over the place @ the minute what with my hormones and body still thinking im pregnant so hopefully natural will takes its course sooner rather than later for me. Hope you are all still doing good and I wish you all well as time goes on and hopefully sometime in the future I can appear on another thread with some good news. :)

Sorry to read this purejuice. It's awful when you can't get a straight answer and you're left waiting, but it's best they be sure. Sending you every best wish and if the result turns out to be the worst, take good care of yourself xx

So sorry to hear that, purejuice. Can't begin to imagine how you must feel.

purejuice wrote: »

so sorry to hear that. i cant imagine how you feel. look after yourself anyway and we are all thinking of you. x

Oh Purejuice im so so sorry. :(:(
    Thats horrible. And horrible to be left in a weird sort of limbo for the weekend.:( I really hope your doing ok, i cant imagine how confused and shocked your feeling. Ive been through miscarraige before - at 7 weeks, and now with the loss of one twin at 8 weeks, but i cant imagine how your feeling having gotten to 13 weeks. Im thinking of ya, and if ya want a chat at any stage just pm me, x

• Registered Users Posts: 22 midnightdream

Just stumbled across this Thread, just what I was looking for!
    I am 13 weeks and 4 days, have my first Scan on Friday and cant wait. Sometimes I am sooooo worried and scared. Feels such a long time from GP visit to first app. Too much time to get worked up about everything! I am due 3rd of Feb, very excited, its our first and will be borne 9 month after the Wedding:), not wasting any time!
    First three month where ok, no throwing up, but very nauseous at times and feeling sick. Also some pain but no bleeding. And my Boobs are like massive! Very hungry as well, everything I see I want, and I think I have a little bump already but then I wasn't the lightest to beginn with:p!
    Anyone here been to the Rotunda for their first appointment and can tell me what to expect? We go Public there and feel a bit apprehensive! But OH will come too so thats great!
    Anyway great to have so many here who are in the same boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

haven't been here in a while. purejuice, i'm so sorry to hear about your loss, I hope you are doing Ok.

I haven't any news to report. Now in my 20th week and little one is kicking away all the time. Scan is next week so really looking forward to that. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Cottontail wrote: »
    haven't been here in a while. purejuice, i'm so sorry to hear about your loss, I hope you are doing Ok.

I haven't any news to report. Now in my 20th week and little one is kicking away all the time. Scan is next week so really looking forward to that. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Hi cottontail,

Thats great to hear. when did you start feeling the kicks? im 16 weeks 4 days now. have some seroius stretching pains (i think). think its cos ive never had much of a belly and it really doesnt know whats happening. my little bump that i have sometimes disappears when i get up in the mornin. its mad. at night i have a pretty big belly! cant wait to go back to doc on 16th to hear heartbeat again, just for the reassurance!!! hope ur scan goes well. say ur queer excited! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 MiMi P

Hi cottontail,

Thats great to hear. when did you start feeling the kicks? im 16 weeks 4 days now. have some seroius stretching pains (i think). think its cos ive never had much of a belly and it really doesnt know whats happening. my little bump that i have sometimes disappears when i get up in the mornin. its mad. at night i have a pretty big belly! cant wait to go back to doc on 16th to hear heartbeat again, just for the reassurance!!! hope ur scan goes well. say ur queer excited! :)

Red Fraggle - I'm exactly a day behind you and everything you're saying is very familiar.... stretching pains alot, most of yesterday, which was a little worrying... like a tugging pain on my lower sides. I am the same ref no bump in the mornings and then serious bump in the evenings... I have never had a tummy, even though I have been quite heavy at times before - my weight always goes on my ass and hips!!!! Seems to be following the trend as I've noticed the change there already:o I heard the heartbeat at the doctors last week, it was great, very reassuring. Energy levels definitley improved but still get bouts of tiredness..... I've put on about 10 lbs so far..... not too bad I think;) 20 week scan on the 31st of August..... can't wait:D

MiMi P wrote: »
    Red Fraggle - I'm exactly a day behind you and everything you're saying is very familiar.... stretching pains alot, most of yesterday, which was a little worrying... like a tugging pain on my lower sides. I am the same ref no bump in the mornings and then serious bump in the evenings... I have never had a tummy, even though I have been quite heavy at times before - my weight always goes on my ass and hips!!!! Seems to be following the trend as I've noticed the change there already:o I heard the heartbeat at the doctors last week, it was great, very reassuring. Energy levels definitley improved but still get bouts of tiredness..... I've put on about 10 lbs so far..... not too bad I think;) 20 week scan on the 31st of August..... can't wait:D

cool. its great to hear someone with similar symptoms! some days the stretchin is unreal then like today theres very little! its mad. my big scan is sept 7th.ill be over the 20 weeks then. cant wait.:D i dont think ive put on any weight. possibly 0.4kilos. may discuss this with the doc!!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

the stretching you're feeling is totally normal, I've had a bit of it too, although I seem to remember it was much worse on my first pregnancy, sometimes I'd get these feelings like stabbing and pins and needles type feelings in my sides. your uterus is stretching to accomodate the growth of the baby so it really is normal, nothing to worry about :cool:

I'm just back from my clinic appt, all went well thankfully, scan now next week, yay!

Cottontail wrote: »
    the stretching you're feeling is totally normal, I've had a bit of it too, although I seem to remember it was much worse on my first pregnancy, sometimes I'd get these feelings like stabbing and pins and needles type feelings in my sides. your uterus is stretching to accomodate the growth of the baby so it really is normal, nothing to worry about :cool:

I'm just back from my clinic appt, all went well thankfully, scan now next week, yay!

thanks for that cottontail. feelin good today!:)
    thats good about your appt. ya must be so excited bout ur scan. ive a few weeks til mine but cant wait!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

had another scan yesterday. K was tested for toxoplasmosis as we've two cats. tested negative but at the same time shes not immune to it.the doc did another can and buddies are showing 15wks 4 days and 15+2 respectively.
    i have to admit while it was fun going for a scan nearly every 2nd week the novelty is starting to wear off. but because it's I.V.F. i suppose it's better to be safe than sorry.

scan tomorrow , im 11 and a half weeks now, quite nervous......
    Please god my poor little twin has 'vanished' as they so nicely put it.... and the other baba is doing well! I have a suspicion it has to be doing ok as this week by lower abdomen has started to swell...i wouldnt say im showing or anything like it, but myself my hubbie and work friend all agree..im definitely growing!! Really didnt think it would happen this early, how early did u guys start? its just like the whole lower area is swolen! am i going to start showing properly in the next couple of weeks if this has started now? opinions please!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22 midnightdream

I have my Scan tomorrow and cant wait, also I read far too much about what can go wrong so I am scared as well! No sleep for me tonight I guess!
    I think I start showing, now I have a Tummy anyway but just above my Pelvis it was first swollen and now when I put my hand against it it feels different, like harder compared to the wobbly bit on upper tummy ;). And when I pull my Tummy in that part wont go in!
    Dublin LAdy I hope its good news for you today, nearly past the 12 weeks for you they say its a milestone!
    I start my second Trimester tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

How did the scan go dublinlady?

How did the scan go dublinlady?
    Hey!! It went fab!!! Saw the baba moving, waving and rolling around the place! He said it's looking good for us now so we are over the moon!!! 12 week this weekend so roll on the happy times!!! X x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Great news Dublinlady!
    Delighted for you

17wks 4days yay! starting to get a round belly becoming more and more obvious, i also find im just sticking it out too! I just dont seem to be able to 'suck it in' like I could before (iv always had a belly but this is different)

feels much harder to the touch than the rest of my squashy belly :D

x

Advertisement