Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help needed-private function room for party!

• 02-02-2016 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hey guys does anybody have suggestions for private function rooms in cork for a 30th birthday party. Really really don't want to just have a sectioned off part of a pub and we'd like to maybe hire our own music and have access to own bar so I suppose were definitely willing to pay a bit more for somewhere great but private... Any ideas so so appreciated!!! Tia! :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

AoifeCork wrote: »
    Hey guys does anybody have suggestions for private function rooms in cork for a 30th birthday party. Really really don't want to just have a sectioned off part of a pub and we'd like to maybe hire our own music and have access to own bar so I suppose were definitely willing to pay a bit more for somewhere great but private... Any ideas so so appreciated!!! Tia! :cool:

You used to be able to rent out upstairs in An Spailpín Fánach. Small bar up there as well. It an't fancy but I've had a few good nights up there in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

I think they rent out the upstairs in the Spailpin and you can also rent out a private room in Soho.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭iuil1999

The Roundy used to have a private room upstairs, as far as I know. And the Old Oak has a separate room to one side too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Just went through this process. Depending on your budget, Clarion penthouse, Imperial penthouse, and Opera House top bar all rent out to groups. Opera House are ok with your own catering while the hotels have a menu from €30 and €15 respectively. Sunday's Well tennis club also have a nice room but one person must be a member.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I know it's outside of town but Nemo Rangers in Douglas have great facilities, 3 separate bars which can each be made private as part of a function room. They are quite happy for you to bring in caterers or they will do it for you & also accommodate your dj. I'm not a member but we've used it for a couple of family birthdays and our own anniversary

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Deanrock in togher have a room with your own entrance own bar and can cater too a lot of people it be worth a shot it it has on site parking too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

We have had a few parties in the Deanrock and more recently in the Briar Rose,very happy with both venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

may not tick the boxes and pending on crowd in additon to the above - some ideas in town ; Upstairs in Long Valley ( not sure about there food policy ) ; L'Attitude, oliver plunket & Ovens ; Soho ( friend went to 40th and said it was great) ; last I heard Gusto on washington street can be hired for an evening ( BYO )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

The Blackrock Inn you can rent the room upstairs. And it is great was at a friends party there.. No problem with parking, getting taxis room is private and just big enough.

The Hub you can rent but they are very slow to come back and scatty so I would think call in there.. Parking would be crap there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

The Blackrock Inn you can rent the room upstairs. And it is great was at a friends party there.. No problem with parking, getting taxis room is private and just big enough.

The Hub you can rent but they are very slow to come back and scatty so I would think call in there.. Parking would be crap there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Larry Tompkins upstairs is ideal, runs the full length of the normal bar downstairs and his it's own bar and loos.

Advertisement