Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lucozde - why so fizzy?

• 30-05-2007 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, how come Lucozade fizzes up so easily? If you shake a bottle of lucozade it takes ages and ages for it to be openable without going everywhere... Compared to say a bottle of coke its a joke. If i shook a bottle of coke and lucozade at same time, i could safely open the coke after only a minute or so, whereas i might have to wait roughly 2.5 days to open the lucozade... Very annoying, esp. cos once it starts fizzing it won't stop and you lose over half your drink and end up with nice and sticky hands and stuff...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I don't know but it's incredibly annoying! I'd bought a bottle to drink during my exam after pulling an all nighter, opened it just as they were giving out the exam papers and it went everywhere! All over me, the answerbooks, my MCQ answer sheet... mortifying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

That happened to me when i did my exams, except i was lucky enough that i was able to move it away from my answer book (half filled in at that stage) so instead there was a nice sticky puddle on floor...:D

Also got some dirty looks from invigilators cos of me cursing away at back of room... Ah, memories...:)

Fingers crossed i'll pass that exam though... :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Dulpit wrote:
    Lucozde - why so fizzy?

To cure my hangover - simple as!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It might be to mask the sweetness, think it is about 18% sugars, which is glucose and less sweet than sugar. Orange/apple juice & coke/7up are about 11% sugar.

Very simply solution though, dont shake the bottle, or get the flat stuff. If sticking pens in your eyes hurt dont do it either ;)

If you look at fizzy drinks caps the thread is cut inside, this is to slowly release pressure. You can just leave the bottle slightly open and it will slowly hiss and become stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

To cure my hangover - simple as!

No, you need the Lucozade still sport for that. Fizzy doesnt do anything for my hangovers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Lucozade is gick and is dranked by knackers. It's the main culprit of litter strewn around.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

boreds wrote:
    Lucozade is gick and is dranked by knackers. It's the main culprit of litter strewn around.

Gick? Never heard that before. Priceless. How did you come up with that sh**e you just said? Knackers drink Lucozade...:rolleyes: Oh. My. God.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Slunk wrote:
    No, you need the Lucozade still sport for that. Fizzy doesnt do anything for my hangovers.
    True, Lucozade actually makes you dehydrated because it is a hypotonic iirc. You need more fluids to get rid of a hangover.

OP: why dont you email lucozade?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

boreds wrote:

When did 'dranked' become a word?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I drink a fair amount of Lucozade, ergo I am a knacker. Interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

ned78 wrote:
    When did 'dranked' become a word?
    Heh Heh

Hmnn simple solution here, avoid shaking the bottle! I don't have it often, but I love Lucozade!

Oh and Gick is a slang word that's been around for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Jane_LS_88 wrote:
    Gick? Never heard that before. Priceless. How did you come up with that sh**e you just said? Knackers drink Lucozade...:rolleyes: Oh. My. God.

huh? What do you mean how did come up with what I just said? I am of the opinion that it is a drink that many scumbags take a liking to. Whats the problem?
    Have you heard of gicker then? Maybe you could do with a kick in yours.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Jane_LS_88, consider this an official warning. Keep it friendly please, or it'll result in a ban.

boreds, due to being in California and not online much, I missed your first post, which would have earned you a warning. However, your 2nd post is not acceptable on this forum and you are now banned from the Snacks and Sweets forum for a week.

Jaysus I'd murder a lucozade now. Coffee will have to do though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Daly Thompson drinks lucozade so it must be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

I love lucozade so much words can't describe. There must be something addictive in it, I seriously crave it so much at times.

From the 2 x 2 litre bottles I get in tesco for €4 every week, to my daily 380ml bottle of citrus clear lucozade or orange lucozade. I can't get my head together in the morning without a nice glass of ice cold lucozade (original), it's my coffee so to speak. Then there's the lucozade sport (non-fizzy) for after playing football, or going to the gym. MMMMMMMMM

Me <3 lucozade :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

MooseJam wrote:
    Daly Thompson drinks lucozade so it must be good

Yeah! And Iron Maiden used to do the backing track to the adverts - so it must be super good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

lol does nobody here now how to open a bottle thats been shaken?

let it settle?

I went out and bought a supply for my fridge after this thread. They're great for a hang-over

Advertisement