Bumper Accomodation Thread *Put ALL Accomodation queries here* - Page 64 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-05-2015, 08:14   #946
R2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa limerick View Post
Did you get an email as confirmation of paying or anything??
No I didn't ... Did you?? They said they sent out a questionnaire during the summer to see what roommates you'd fit well with so maybe it will come with that
Advertisement
19-05-2015, 10:42   #947
LauraKc

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2015 View Post
Yep just got it yesterday!
When did you apply because I applied really early and didn't get a place even though it's supposed to be first come first served and I know someone who got a place and applied after me...
19-05-2015, 11:14   #948
R2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraKc View Post
When did you apply because I applied really early and didn't get a place even though it's supposed to be first come first served and I know someone who got a place and applied after me...
I applied at 9:01
19-05-2015, 11:55   #949
LauraKc

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2015 View Post
I applied at 9:01
Same! It's so unfair that just seconds decide who gets in and who doesn't. I am on the waiting list though... Does anybody know whether I am likely to get a place on the waiting list?

Where else in cork is good?
19-05-2015, 19:17   #950
pa limerick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraKc View Post
I applied at 9:00 and got a place, I also know people that applied later and got a place while people who applied earlier didn't
Advertisement
19-05-2015, 22:34   #951
quartzxx7

Does anyone know how likely it is to get accommodation when you're on the waiting list? I've only applied to everywhere i can think of on campus yesterday and today but as I'm going to be a first year I wanted to be on campus and preferably with other 1st years. I was sure I was gonna get victoria mills but even thought i applied at 9.10 I didnt get a place :/ Starting to panic now as everywhere seems to be full!
21-05-2015, 22:23   #952
Jlayay

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartzxx7 View Post
Does anyone know how likely it is to get accommodation when you're on the waiting list? I've only applied to everywhere i can think of on campus yesterday and today but as I'm going to be a first year I wanted to be on campus and preferably with other 1st years. I was sure I was gonna get victoria mills but even thought i applied at 9.10 I didnt get a place :/ Starting to panic now as everywhere seems to be full!
Have you tried The Spires? They're pretty mixed I think they told me that usually first years go on the bottom floors while the more mature/older students are on top. Still had space when I emailed them.
Thanks from:
23-05-2015, 17:10   #953
quartzx7

Does anyone know what Fullers Lodge is like? Is it generally 1st years or other years that go there? I'm finding it hard to find reviews on it so anything at all would be appreciated
27-06-2015, 23:23   #954
green_apple

Does anyone know of any complexes that still have space? I don't mind being a bit of a walk (20-30 minutes) from UCC. A little worried as I haven't found accommodation yet and most places seem to be booked out.

Last edited by green_apple; 28-06-2015 at 21:43.
Advertisement
Yesterday, 02:39   #955
Jlayay

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_apple View Post
Does anyone know of any complexes that still have space? I don't mind being a bit of a walk (20-30 minutes) from UCC. A little worried as I haven't found accommodation yet and most places seem to be booked out.
I've been told that all the major student accommodations in Cork have been booked up. Try looking for private residences.
Yesterday, 20:20   #956
xLisaBx

Anyone else staying in Farranlea? It'd be nice to know a few future neighbours!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion