Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If a very poor person/scumbag gets killed should it be made legal?

• 04-12-2010 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

My uncle worked in South Africa during the 80s, and whenever a person of high stature was killed it was looked into heavily. But if a very poor person was killed, there was no investigation the vast majority of the time.

Do you think that should be implemented here? It would be nice to see scum killers not getting a trial IMO.

Edited.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭cson

How can you give a dead person a trial?

You're crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

CorkMan wrote: »
    My uncle worked in South Africa during the 80s, and whenever a person of high stature was killed it was looked into heavily. But if a very poor person was killed, there was no investigation the vast majority of the time.

Do you think that should be implemented here? It would be nice to see scum not getting a trial IMO.
    poor people=scum???

In fairness a lot of rich people are scum too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

cson wrote: »
    How can you give a dead person a trial?

You're crazy.

EDITED.

Actually; there's just so much wrong with that post OP that I don't know where to start. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Is there a worst post of the day award?

k_mac wrote: »
    Is there a worst post of the day award?

It was the way South Africa functioned, so why??? a lot of scum have no problem glassing a person for fun.

EDITED.

???

So correct me if I'm taking you up wrong but essentially you want to legalize killing poor people - i.e. No criminal investigation into their deaths.

Why stop there? Why not have open season on Pikeys once a year too. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

I know the OP is famous for starting retarded posts but this one has to be a new low..

I've read over it a few times and still can't figure out what the question is, and it's not just the fact that he has the grammatical capabilities of a cabbage that has been boiled for too long...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

It was the way South Africa functioned, so why??? a lot of scum have no problem glassing a person for fun.

So poor people are scum according to you??:confused:

• Advertisement

....seriously?

5mins to lock down!

???

So correct me if I'm taking you up wrong but essentially you want to legalize killing poor people - i.e. No criminal investigation into their deaths.

It was the way in South Africa, there is a precedence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

???

Dont help him for gods sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I can guarantee the majority of High Society in South Africa in the 80's were white. Quite easy to determine why the police only investigated these.

Mrmoe wrote: »
    So poor people are scum according to you??:confused:

Not all of them, but a good percentage IMO.

Stupid thread is stupid :D

How about open season on Cork people too?

Hardly worth investigating their deaths. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

What person in their right mind would follow South Africa as an example of how to run a society?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

It was the way in South Africa there is a precedence.

So was apartheid, do you think that's a good idea as well?

Yeah, removing any chance of prosecution is sure to wipe out violence...

Where is there a precedence for this? There is worse than what I am proposing, Idi Amin killed hundreds of thousands of his own citizens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So if South Africa has done it, it must be good?

Protip: If you're looking for an example of a country to hold up as a civil/criminal ideal, stay away from the South Africa. So many things wrong with that country, I don't know where to start.

AH really is where humour goes to die...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

What exactly should be made legal?

So if you have a young girl, born into poverty is killed in a car crash, you are asking if her death should be legal?

Why would it not be illegal?

Mods, can I be banned for calling somebody a retard? Just a question, not a statement of intent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭SteM

Yeah, and that place was a shining example of how to run a country. There was another precedence in South Africa prior to the 90s - apartheid. Would that be okay here too?

Namlub wrote: »
    AH really is where humour goes to die...

If that's a dig at my post, you might want to take a look at the name and location of the OP. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Yourself Corkman and FF and Proud must be competing for the title on who start the most bizarre threads :confused:

ebixa82 wrote: »
    What exactly should be made legal?

So if you have a young girl, born into poverty is killed in a car crash, you are asking if her death should be legal?

Why would it not be illegal?

Mods, can I be banned for calling somebody a retard? Just a question, not a statement of intent.

I am talking about homicide/murder. If she died in an accident, she died in an accident.

If that's a dig at my post, you might want to take a look at the name and location of the OP. ;)

That was why I said it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Do you think that should be implemented here? It would be nice to see scum killers not getting a trial IMO.
    Who sets the border between poor-rich and scumbag-not scumbag?

I'm originally from flats, don't drive 09 BMW, I drink cheap alcohol and sometimes smoke more or less legal substances and I greatly enjoy it - am I a scumbag so?

What about the foreigners, could they be shot "as they are" as a form of relax for stressed by the credit crunch rich Irish families?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

Cork Man drowns

The irony

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement