Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kilkenny v Tipp, SHC Final Replay, Sat 27/09 @ 5pm

Options
  • 07-09-2014 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭

What a game the drawn games was, 1 of the greatest ever. Huge credit to both teams. KK look like they have more room for improvement.
    Roll on the replay.

Who will win the replay 100 votes

Tipp
    0% 0 votes
    KK
    55% 55 votes
    Draw
    45% 45 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Mayo county board have asked for the reply to be moved to Castlebar....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

I fancy Tipp after today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I fancy Tipp after today.

Tipp played to their potential today. Missed a few penalties but everything else was superb. KK had a few passengers like Walsh, he won't be in the next day. Or shouldn't be anyway.

Looks like the end for Shefflin, brought on with just a few mins to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

So the Gaelic Grounds then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Rightwing wrote: »
    Tipp played to their potential today. Missed a few penalties but everything else was superb. KK had a few passengers like Walsh, he won't be in the next day. Or shouldn't be anyway.

Looks like the end for Shefflin, brought on with just a few mins to go.

Think Henry will have more of a bearing next day. Can't fathom how took so long to bring him on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

After last years final I felt Clare had left it after them first day out and Cork wouldn't be as bad again. Cork aren't Kilkenny but it's quite possible that Kilkenny may not be able to rise the bar again. The goals saved them. Tipp having an off day would be my only reason for thinking KK will win replay. I think Tipp are the better team and need to drive it home now.

citykat wrote: »
    Think Henry will have more of a bearing next day. Can't fathom how took so long to bring him on.

Henry is past it I reckon.

Amprodude wrote: »
    Henry is past it I reckon.

Think he's worth the last 15 mins. Even when he came on today he was barking orders trying to organise lads, direct puck outs. I wouldn't start him but he can do a job coming on when lads are starting to tire.

citykat wrote: »
    Think he's worth the last 15 mins. Even when he came on today he was barking orders trying to organise lads, direct puck outs. I wouldn't start him but he can do a job coming on when lads are starting to tire.

Shefflin has a good head on his shoulders and definitely has 15 mins before the end but anything outside of that may be a risk. Walter Walsh I think should not be left anywhere near that KK team. Besides having a stormer in the 2012 final replay, he isnt what I would call an inter county player. Kilkenny will lose if he starts replay IMO.

Shefflin has a good head on his shoulders and definitely has 15 mins before the end but anything outside of that may be a risk. Walter Walsh I think should not be left anywhere near that KK team. Besides having a stormer in the 2012 final replay, he isnt what I would call an inter county player. Kilkenny will lose if he starts replay IMO.

Think Walter has ability but his form this year has been poor. What is baffling is his inability to catch ball. He's the tallest man on the pitch ffs. I'd be surprised if he makes the starting 15 for the replay given limited training time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

KK would get great confidence if Cody sticks with the same 15, psychologically in their mind they'll be thinking "well he believes in us enough to give us another shot at it"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

I was very surprised to see him starting and he was anonymous in the 1st half, did one or two things early in the 2nd half but given how much everyone else was contributing was way off the pace.

I'm surprised Brian Cody hasn't been able to push him forward as a player, still a very young player. He seems to lack the intensity to play at this level for me, maybe a bit too nice a fella!

In terms of other options in the forwards, Richie Power was a definite improvement on Mark Kelly but Aidan Fogarty while busy didn't look fit when he came on to be honest. Also for the first time, when I saw Henry Shefflin ready to come on, he looked his age.

Kilkenny got a total of 31 points (3-22) with a forward line only semi-functioning, whereas Tipp forward shot the lights out but it shows how vital the goals were to Kilkenny. I'm expecting a lot more from the two Fennellys and TJ Reid the next day.

I'd still say Kilkenny will edge it but who's to know.

Looking forward to it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭elguapo

Might not be any indicator for this match, but the 2 previous final replays were won by the team who had more scores in the drawn game.

2012: Kilkenny had 19 scores (0-19) versus Galway's 15 (2-13)
    2013: Clare had 25 scores (0-25) versus Cork's 19 (3-16)
    2014: Tipperary had 29 scores (1-28) versus Kilkenny's 25 (3-22)

Quite apart from the prospect of watching another fantastic game of hurling, I'm interested to see if the trend continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭J DEERE

Gives great heart to see a team without the likes of Noel Hickey, Mick Kavanagh, Eddie Brennan, Henry Shefflin, Derek Lyng, Cha Fitz, Tommy Walsh and Aidan Fogarty still competing so strongly at highest level. Have to admit that I had my reservations that once that generation of hurlers were gone that kk would dip for a few years but in fairness to the lads coming through they really stepped up to the mark.

Richie Hogan is becoming the hurler and leader on the field that he always was at club and underage. TJ Reid and Paul Murphy too. Joey Holden, Padraig Walsh and Cillian Buckley will improve year on year as Larkin, Tyrell and Brian Hogan did when they first started. Kk minors overcame a very strong and much fancied limerick team. Shows the talent is still coming through.

I think the Kk performance yesterday would have blown any other team bar tipp out of the water. Tipps point taking yesterday was brilliant

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

6 All Ireland Hurling finals in 3 years..

What is it? because we are doing something right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

Time is ticking. Who will win the hurling final replay 2014 on Sat 27 Sep. Kilkenny or Tipperary.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Threads merged. Original got lost a few pages back.

Come in Kilkenny. Time Liam returns to the Nore once more.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ratucdm

Looks like a site in Tipp is doing a profile of each of the players if Facebook is anything to go by....

tipperarytimes.com/sports/gaa/paddyryan/brendan-maher-tipperary-player-profile/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

No way that Gearoid Ryan should be starting. Was awful the last day - was also directly responsible for their 2nd goal, and was poor against Cork too.

Jason Forde came on the last day and got a crucial score, as well as a great block down which Bubbles got a point from in the space of about a minute and a half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I think Cody has picked a better KK team this time. W Walsh simply isn't up to it. Keeping Shefflin on the bench was again the correct decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Tipp x 5 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

Tipp x 5 points.

Only time will tell Kilkenny have eased in the last few days , and it is now KK 10/11 and Tip are 6/5

Could easily be the other way around though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Tipp x 5 points.

Actualy scrap that, Tipp x 6 points.

Fúck the North London Derby, Fúck the Merseyside derby....the real derby is at 5 in Croker tomorrow.

UP THE PREMIER!

Kilkenny to win by 4 points.

UP THE CATS.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭999/112

Looks like the perfect weather for hurling.
    http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Croke_Park/hour_by_hour_detailed.html
    Hope we have as good a game as we were treated to the last day out! :)

Fúck the North London Derby, Fúck the Merseyside derby....the real derby is at 5 in Croker tomorrow.

Interesting comparisons. All supposed derbies where in reality there is one dominant team that continually thrashes it's noisy neighbour...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

I hate to say it but I think this could be decided in extra time, which will be a nightmare for a 5 o clock start!!
    John power at centre forward will expose Gleeson in goal. Great bet for first goal @ 9-1
    I just hope Tipp have enough firepower upfront to win it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement