Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dash cam thread (car videos only)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Had to remove the sound,

BMW breaks red while on wrong side of the road..
    Then it all kicks off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

A safety warning video about teens getting distracted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Clip 1. Newlands cross, Dont know if the lights were out of sync or what, Black van and black car nearly crash (noisy digger beside me but can still hear the beep) Then blus car goes through when we have a green.
    Clip 2. Car goes through red light very late , Close one with car with green light.

<invalid youtube link - removed>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

This crazy woman !!

New flyover at Newlands Cross . Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Taking the second exit on a roundabout, I'm in inside lane. BMW zooms around roundabout in outside lane, half passes me, has to slow as car in front stops to let black car past. I continue as my lane is clear, then he beeps at me as there's no room for him to cut in. Comes in behind and starts giving me hand gestures etc. I believe I have right of way, am open to correction though.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

Audios a bit nsfw, but had to leave it in so you can hear the english guy who was over with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Not quite how to turn right...

Blatant red light breakers

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

A close one on Georges Street

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

Overtaking coming into bend: Not overly bad, silly, but not the worst. I was going slow enough however (About 70kmh). It was closer than it looked too.

Obeying 1.5m rule: Fair play to him. Not too many do it.

Driving and on your phone: Idiot :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

This will brighten up Jeremy Clarkson's day. Caravan gets destroyed.

The car driver tried the maneuver after getting stuck behind HGV driver Nick Townley for several milesThis dramatic dashcam footage shows the moment a caravan was smashed to pieces on a lamppost after a car driver tried to overtake a lorry.

The car driver tried the maneuver after getting stuck behind HGV driver Nick Townley for several miles.

He gambled on finally passing Mr Townley's truck at a set of lights but badly miscalculated as the road narrowed and lost control at 50mph.

He swerved in front of the truck and his caravan whiplashed into a lamppost, smashing it into smithereens and spilling the contents across the road.

The car crashed on the opposite side of the road - narrowly missing oncoming traffic in Somerset - with what remained of the £10,000 caravan still attached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Nothing major in this one.
    Was heading out to get chinese and nearly got "Polish" instead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

Driving through town down a one way street. BMW crosses street narrowly missing car in front who plonked on the brakes. They got a bit of a fright. Didnt even get a chance to beep. BMW went straight through a yield sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

from reddit

Image of driver just before:

aHaIUPk.png

This jerk had no intention of stopping. Even with a large van on the roundabout

Kill. Co Kildare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Ka driver slowing down then speeding up then barges into lane 2 - All while the lane ahead is clear

(Fast Car/Ka song happened to be on the radio :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

(If I've embedded this wrong sorry)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

This idiot yesterday in the blue focus on the M1 southbound, coming up to the M50 interchange, he didn't know where he needed to be! Almost side swiped a Citroen C4.

Given he's come from the airport, maybe he's in unfamiliar territory, but it's no excuse for driving like a bell end.

Another one from yesterday. M4 East, just before the Enfield services.

VW Golf tailgating me, followed closely be a BMW!

I know it's not the worst dash cam video you'll see today, but tailgating like this really gets on my nerve, I just pulled in to the overtaking lane went from 120km/h up a notch on cruise control to 123km/h (to try and get out of his way sooner) and he still decides to get right up my rear end.
    (The video is also an excuse to do a first video while now having 2 cameras in the car :P)

Scobies like this really pi$$ me off.

This lad annoyed me last night . In Naas ..

He had a Learner plate on the window and the car was full of young people.

What you cant see on the vid is that he drove up the wrong side of the side street to get past the waiting traffic.

Then drove up the wrong side of the road breaking the red lights while the green man was lit. Notice a child appear soon after he broke the lights.

Young lad in the PEUGEOT 407 ST COMFORT 1.8 04 C 15253 If you see this.
    I pondered deeply about reporting you to the Garda with this . I just have no time to spend half a day in court as a witness.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Second time this happened to me this week. I don't mind the first driver but the second guy came across the white line and would have hit me if I didn't react fast enough. You're supposed to wait behind the cyclist until it is safe to overtake.

• Advertisement

Guy just decides that this particular red light is not for him and moves on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Video is private?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Watch in HD. Ford breaks red light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Black Opel pulls right across silver Toyota's path of travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

My first upload! Have quite a few more videos I want to edit and upload.

Was behind this Polo in lane 3 on the M50 for a good distance. The car was constantly moving from side to side, but it doesn't show up that well on video, so here is the last part of the clip. It was a very close call. When I passed the car there were 3 very young guys (including the driver), who all seemed to be having a great laugh about nearly crashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Ballsbridge a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Watch out for some bad language.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

My Celtic jersey trying to get on video aswell :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement