Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unfairly dismissed

• 09-02-2015 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I have been unfairly dismissed from work and according to Citizen's Advice I have a case, but they said they can't really go any further into the legal aspect of things.

My questions is, what is the next step to take? My employer has broken a few rules by dismissing me, is there an official procedure to follow to receive compo/get reinstate to my job?
    If yes, who do I go to with my case?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Need way more details, how can you claim to have a case, but yet cant go any further legally?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 unfair???

Citizens Advice centre confirmed I have been unfairly dismissed after I explained the situation to them, but because the lady I spoke to told me she was a volunteer there she said she cannot give me any legal advice on what to do.

So Im just wondering what my next step is? Do I have to go to an employment law solicitor? Or is there another avenue that I can take as Im not sure I can afford a solicitor at the moment. Thats all Im asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Have you appealed the dismissal internally? you would need to have appealed the decision within a reasonable time period. If you have, bring your case to the rights commissioner, your former employer doesn't have to attend the rights commissioner hearing. If they do refuse to attend, the next step is the EAT.

How were citizens advice so sure that you had a case? Did your employer do something wrong during the dismissal procedure? Were you employed for over one year with them? Did they pay you your minimum notice?

Seriously hard to advise with so little information given, you could well have a case, or you could be wasting your time pursuing this based on what a volunteer's interpretation of the dismissal.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Visit your local Free Legal Advice Centre - www.flac.ie

Advertisement