Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

House alarm

• 05-02-2015 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Who knows someone who install Yale house alarm in Longford?? Does not need to be installed certificate .thank you. There is one company in Longford but useless

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,657 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Moved from Work and Jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Hi OP, no matter what and as per the laws of the land, you have to employ an installer who is licensed by The Private Security Authority, the Yale alarm system which you have mentioned is not really a system that any reputable professional installer would fit.

I would suggest you take a look here http://www.psa.gov.ie/Website/psa/psa.nsf/registervw?Openform.

Get at least 3 written quotations from PSA licensed installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

Longford29 wrote: »
    Who knows someone who install Yale house alarm in Longford?? Does not need to be installed certificate .thank you. There is one company in Longford but useless

These alarms are more so designed for a DIY job.
    I would advise staying away from them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I don't think you will find a decent licenced installer who would go near one of those systems.

Agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Longford29

altor wrote: »
    Agreed.

Ok I understand ,I have home insurance without (house alarm) I have better security then home alarm...I just want to fit this alarm instead to truer out,thanks for advice !!!

Longford29 wrote: »
    Ok I understand ,I have home insurance without (house alarm) I have better security then home alarm...I just want to fit this alarm instead to truer out,thanks for advice !!!

No probs.

Advertisement