Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ~** ThemeParks megathread **~**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭balliali

Saw this website promoted in travel supplement of Irish paper lately. Also have shop in Dublin, may be worth checking.

http://www.attractionticketsdirect.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

looking at this site for theme park tix. 14 day disney and universal flexi tixkets. working out at 784gbp. this is cheaper than falcon are offering the one pass giving access to all the parks. what do u guys think? falcon chrging 900 for 2 the one passes. where this is really the same deal. checked undercover tourist and these tickets seem cheaper as well the site says they give the actual tickets.no e-vouchers and the like

Hi
    im looking for to see what the best places for tickets are for the orlando theme parks. I seen a site through tripadvisor called orlandoticketdeals.co.uk or something and they were pretty reasonable. They also send the actual tickets out as well. No e vouchers or emails or stuff like that, i know of undervover tourist and maple tickets. Just wondering what ppl think of the other site and can recommend anywhere to get them. We are thinking of getting around most of the parks so a ticket/s for all parks is what we need. Cheers in advance.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,867 ✭✭✭✭event

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Found this website very useful and I got tickets when I was there from a local vendor!

http://www.MouseSavers.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

Consider waiting 'till you get there. Not all that much saving by buying ahead with the exception of Universal Studios. Sign up for newsletter and they send on their specials. www.universalorlando.com/uk/tickets.html
    Also consider buying the "express pass" for at least one day of your visit to Universal.

denmar wrote: »
    Also consider buying the "express pass" for at least one day of your visit to Universal.

One other interesting aspect at Universal is that they have a single riders line! Was there in February and tho there were 3 of us we went thro the single line lane for a lot of the big rides and we bypassed long lines - once you get to the top you nearly always end up in the same car or as close as and you are in and out in no time!

What do these express passes cost per person. Cud be in for these when visiting the studios. Do ye only get them at the park?

greenman09 wrote: »
    What do these express passes cost per person. Cud be in for these when visiting the studios. Do ye only get them at the park?
    You can only get them on arrival at the park. They operate much like Ryanair - the more popular the day the more expensive they are. Usually Sat & Sun are peak times so the express pass is an extra $46. Middle of summer is $36 while if you go in early June the price is around $26. The cheapest Express pass is $20 and that is available on very few days during the summer - it is available all thro Sep tho. Check the Universal Website for details.

The other thing to consider is that they are valid for only one use at each of the participating rides or attractions. So you can't buy one and use it for all the family!

You can also prepurchase a VIP pass online before you go and this includes express - it is $159.99 on their site for a 2 park one day pass!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭TingTong

www.officialticketcenter.com or you could always wait until you get there and buy them in Wal-Mart.

• If you stay at one of the universal hotels,your room keycard acts as entry to the express lane.
    And boy oh boy they are worth it!

Had forgotten about this website but I received a newsletter from them today. I haven't used them but a friend of mine did and had no problem with them.
    http://www.attractiontix.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Two sites that are authorised by Disney to sell tickets are www.undercovertourist.com and www.mapleleaftickets.com I have used both in the past and the are reliable and send you real tickets not vouchers. I'm subscribed to a Disney discount email, there is a link in it that gives extra discount on undercovertourist.com tickets. Not sure if it works out as much saving, but sure every little helps!

http://www.undercovertourist.com/uni.../?pid=D1sc0unt

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Looks like i will be heading to Salou in Spain in July with the family. Wondered first off if its any good but.....more importantly, does anyone know how long the flight is from Dublin as i HATE flyin and im already getting nervous!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

The flying time is usually on 2hr 20 min to 2hr 30 min on these flights. If flies in:)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Nice cheesey joke there!! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

We were in Salou three times. We loved it....bril theme park 'Port Aventura'. Lovely beach and plenty of shops to potter about in.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

okay my question goes out to all of the seasoned Orlando tourists out there.
    Im going next week with my OH for my 21st bday. Up to now I had only got the flex ticket and Kennedy space center tour purchased but a lot of my colleagues say that It would be a waste of a holiday if I didnt go to Disney and I'm beginning to think I made a big mistake by not getting tickets.

I would only be purchasing a four day to the 4 main parks, not the extra water parks etc. and I just want to know if its going to actually be worth it???

Secondly we will be staying on kirkman rd opposite Universal so will it be a pain in the proverbials to get transport to Disney the 4 days that were going? Im more than likely not going to rent a car because of the extra surcharge for under 25s so would be relying on public transport.

Also if I do decide to get them is there anywhere i can get em cheap over there because I doubt I would be able to get them here before Monday week.

HELP!!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

There will be a shed load of public transport from your hotel to Disney and from everywhere in the state to Disney to be honest. I wouldn't advise it though, Universal is great, like a whole other world, but Disney is for kids in my opinion. I enjoyed it when I was there, but I was eight.

• Advertisement

That was my opinion to be honest but then everyone in work who had been there said 'it was fantastic and that its so interesting that kids cant keep up with the adults'. And a few had actually been there without their kids.
    I would like to go to get that complete Orlando experience and I do admit that without it Id say the second week would be a bit boring but its also a big chunk out of my expendable cash for the holiday so I really dont know what to do.

Dont want to spend the cash unless I can expect to be blown away.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

We went as two adults but as soon as the wheels touch down in Orlando or Sandford you become two big kids anyway.

You will be amazed the amount of Adults on their own in Disney also the amount of couples getting married in the parks.

Walt Disney World is a park which will be done anyway.

For the adults there is Epcot which imho is amazing. Do go on Soarin. Get a fast pass and come back later. We went to the anniversary year when Soarin just arrived and it was mental.

Disney coachs go from nearly every major hotel. You will have no issues there. On I-drive for example(when you visit) there is a shuttle heading up and down all day and most of the night.

Although I understand you are 21 and you do not want to pay a surcharge. I still say you would be mad not to have a car because, although you can get to the outlet malls and shopping centres by bus, its just a lot easier in a car.

I really cannot stress how important a car is. The company I used at the time was uscarhire.co.uk and for two weeks starting next Friday its(including young drivers surcharge) £359GBP or around €411 working out at €29 per day. I for example could get the most luxurious car for that money so I feel your pain.

Thats an ok deal for a car, definitley wouldnt need it for the whole 2 weeks though, maybe for the 2nd week. Must check them out. Was it not strange driving on the opposite side of the road?

would I be ok in buying the tickets once I get there, Id say there will be brokers selling the tickets a bit cheaper? I'll only be getting a 3day (with 2 free days) base ticket. Not really bothered with the water parks cuz i'll be going to wet n wild and aquatica anyway.

And how much spending money would you recommend taking? We were gonna just bring a few hundred cash each and then bang the rest on my credit card (3k limit)
    Would I even hit my limit with maybe 2 shopping days (not going mental) and dining out most days over the 2 weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Was in EuroDisney with the gf, great time was had and I'd imagine the parks over in Florida are 100 times better. Do it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Split your time between Universal and Disney, rather than just Disney. If you are selective in both parks, you can enjoy the choice rides, while skipping those tailored for younger kids.

Public transport should be no problem between Universal (where you are staying) and Disney.

The aul credit card could get a serious whallop down at Preimum Outlet Mall at the bottom of I-Drive.

There is a Tommy Store and Ralph store which are seriously cheap amongst other shops. I bought a nautica watch for around €28 are it is €400 here in Keanes Jewellers Limerick.

Ok I found you a Yaris Saloon(yes they exist) for €129 for one week out of MCO, Orlando International.

Try http://www.arguscarhire.ie

I would say go for the Chevrolet Cobalt as its a nicer car and only €17 more for the week.

We took €2000 for two weeks and came home with money but had our tickets bought in advance.

We spent €500+ on two tickets but wasted too much money because we did not visit half the parks.

Driving on the other side of the road. Well, I drive for a living so Im kind of used to driving. I had a truck license also.

I have driven in Paris which is absolutely nuts, India, Tokyo and most of Europe and a bit of the US.

The US is easiest. I say visit this site first of all

http://goflorida.about.com/od/gettingtoaroundflorida/ss/fla_driving.htm

The most important thing about driving in the US is the fact you can break a red light if you are turning right. If you come up on a light which is red, you can turn right. You treat the red light as a yield sign. Sometimes there is a sign saying NO TURN ON RED which obviously means you cannot turn right on the red.

Nearly every single car is an automatic which takes some getting used to if you have never driven one. I rented a 4.2 Chrysler 300C which I nearly spun across the car park in the airport as it was so powerful and I had never driven an auto.

Berty wrote: »

The most important thing about driving in the US is the fact you can break a red light if you are turning right. If you come up on a light which is red, you can turn right. You treat the red light as a yield sign. Sometimes there is a sign saying NO TURN ON RED which obviously means you cannot turn right on the red.

Nearly every single car is an automatic which takes some getting used to if you have never driven one. I rented a 4.2 Chrysler 300C which I nearly spun across the car park in the airport as it was so powerful and I had never driven an auto.

Ok now Im definitely scared. So taking a right in US is the same as taking a left hand 'Yield right of way turn, but you have to make sure theres nothing coming from your left before you can do am i right?

The money should be ok so as its gonna be less of a shopping thing more of an experience thing (unless I pick up some really good bargains :D)

I was plannin to spend around 1700e and he has about 1500e but as you said will prob come back with some.

Great advice bertie I feel a little more confident now. First trip to the states - very daunting!

Went on to arguscarhire.ie and tried to check availability, keeps saying 'Sorry, no car available matching your search criteria' even though i didnt pick a specific car and only thing that was specific was dates and to be collected and dropped off on I-drive...:confused:

I know that Dollar have a depot on I-Drive in the Holiday Inn so Argus should be showing something.

Thing is. If at first you dont suceed Call them up. They are an Irish company.

You seem like you will have lots of money.

It was our first trip to the US as well. It was amazing and although I have been back around 8 times It has been for work and usually Im trapped in a office or factory all the time.

You will love it.

About the red light thing. You are correct, its the same as a yield taking a left for us in a similar way.

You will have a great time. When we went we were caught up in Hurrican Alberto which really put a dampner on things(see the pun). The damned arrogance of the weather. :mad: You are going in Hurrican season just so you know. :rolleyes:

One thing to remember about Orlando you will not actually be in Orlando city and will probably never even go there so basically everybody you see will be a tourist and everything you see will be geared towards tourism.

Now I really want to go back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭micratoyota

Hi On the 12th May, I bought tickets on line to the value of €155. which now appears on my Visa statement. The problem being I have received no tickets even after sending 2 e mails and another one last night which i know wouldn't be answered on Sat I bought them from Theme Park Tickets Direct Ireland which seem to have various addresses even in England. Yet the address on my Visa statement if Jersey. I am getting worried now and there terms and conditions states they would be delivered in up to 14 days.

Advertisement