Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP ProLiant MicroServer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

one of the places that sells (elara, dabs, ebuyer etc.) them should have dimensions and weight listed on the website just so you have an idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

vibe666 wrote: »
    one of the places that sells (elara, dabs, ebuyer etc.) them should have dimensions and weight listed on the website just so you have an idea?
    Amazon lists all that detail. It's 8kg boxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭Esel

wandererz wrote: »
    Pretty sure non-ECC will not work.

"This part CT2KIT51264BD1339 is not compatible."

This 2x4GB kit will.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Esel wrote: »

This 2x4GB kit will.

I have non-EEC in the original MicroServer and it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I have non-EEC in mine too and it's fine. I bought this stuff. Around €26.

I made the mistake first of buying some ECC on ebay and it turns out there is two types (Registered and Unbuffered). As luck would have it I got the wrong type so I have 2x4gb Registered-ECC sitting in a drawer now. Been meaning to stick it back on ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Esel wrote: »

This 2x4GB kit will.

Pretty sure you are wrong , 4GB non-ECC im mine;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭Esel

mcgovern wrote: »
    I have non-EEC in the original MicroServer and it works fine.
    Redisle wrote: »
    I have non-EEC in mine too and it's fine.
    galait wrote: »
    Pretty sure you are wrong , 4GB non-ECC im mine;)

Thanks for the correction. :o I was basing my statement on previous experience with a Dell server.

I know I would prefer ECC RAM, just for the extra it provides.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dammer

Back in stock in the HPshop.ie

For the low low price of Only: €267.27 Inc VAT:€328.74 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AndruX

I got these (2x4Gb) yesterday and they work perfectly.
    Now I have 2Gb ECC spare module.

I think Windows 2008 requires ECC RAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭randombar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

AndruX wrote: »
    I got these (2x4Gb) yesterday and they work perfectly.
    Now I have 2Gb ECC spare module.

I think Windows 2008 requires ECC RAM.

So this non-ECC RAM should be fine in brand new Microserver running Freenas?

garlad wrote: »
    So this non-ECC RAM should be fine in brand new Microserver running Freenas?

Yes, it should be fine.

I'd recommend using ECC RAM if you are planning using ZFS and your NAS will be heavy loaded and it's a Production system

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

AndruX wrote: »
    Yes, it should be fine.

I'd recommend using ECC RAM if you are planning using ZFS and your NAS will be heavy loaded and it's a Production system

I will be using ZFS, but its for home, and mainly used for backups and storing media for xbmc running on a different device

garlad wrote: »
    I will be using ZFS, but its for home, and mainly used for backups and storing media for xbmc running on a different device

non-ECC will be OK for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭nordydan

I upgraded to 2 * 4GB a few months ago and have a spare 2GB module.

Will give away if someone wishes to upgrade to 4GB for free, PM if interested

Collection in Dublin only btw

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Heya, I'm ordering one today I'd love that but will be a week or two before I could collect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭nordydan

zuroph wrote: »
    Heya, I'm ordering one today I'd love that but will be a week or two before I could collect

Grand I'll hold onto it for a few weeks.PM when you are in Dublin

I could get a mate to pick it up possibly, PM me a rough location and I'll see if it suits any of my mates to pick up.

ordered the box, a graphics card, and a molex to pcie power adaptor for the TV card. getting all EEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee! with excitement

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Shpongler

I bought one of these a while back and need to upgrade the ram, can someone post a link to the correct modules? Thanks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

So lads I'm interested in getting this for christmas to set up as a media server and for downloading torrents, is the cashback offer still available and if so, where would be the best place to order it in time for christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

I bought this last month
    http://www.hpshop.ie/products.asp?partno=658553-421

It came with a 120e cash back however it was for the month of November. Saying that I noticed they do cash backs every few months so might be worth waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Can you use something like this to stream Sky Go to a 2nd so as to save on paying another multiroom subscription?

hey guys,

So my N40l finally arrived. built it up yesterday installing an asus 6450 and a BGT3600 tv card. Running Win 7 pro. XBMC frodo build installed.

drivers installed for both cards, I installed nextPVR to try scan for channels on the bgt3600, but got no returns. I'm using a dual molex to pcie adaptor to power to the card, using just one of the connections from the spare molex in the ODD bay to link to the card. Light is on on the card, but I'm thinking perhaps not enough power is getting through to the card to power the LNB? Do I need to replace the molxe lead, or at least borrow one of the molexs that would be connected to an (empty for now) HHD slot? Or could my issue be elsewhere? I found no channels on the DVBT scan either, but I've a feeling the wire coming into the house isnt actually connected correctly to the aerial outside. I'll test with rabbit ears when I get the chance. My main concern is getting the sattelite channels working, as this was the whole reason for building the center.
    I've run a scan in WMC also to see if it was a NEXTPVR issue, but nothing found there either. Could it be a case of the wires which I yanked from the sky box arent pared long enough for the connectors on the BGT 3600?

any help appreciated, I'd hate for this to have been a waste of time (and money!)

hey guys,

So my N40l finally arrived. built it up yesterday installing an asus 6450 and a BGT3600 tv card. Running Win 7 pro. XBMC frodo build installed.

drivers installed for both cards, I installed nextPVR to try scan for channels on the bgt3600, but got no returns. I'm using a dual molex to pcie adaptor to power to the card, using just one of the connections from the spare molex in the ODD bay to link to the card. Light is on on the card, but I'm thinking perhaps not enough power is getting through to the card to power the LNB? Do I need to replace the molxe lead, or at least borrow one of the molexs that would be connected to an (empty for now) HHD slot? Or could my issue be elsewhere? I found no channels on the DVBT scan either, but I've a feeling the wire coming into the house isnt actually connected correctly to the aerial outside. I'll test with rabbit ears when I get the chance. My main concern is getting the sattelite channels working, as this was the whole reason for building the center.
    I've run a scan in WMC also to see if it was a NEXTPVR issue, but nothing found there either. Could it be a case of the wires which I yanked from the sky box arent pared long enough for the connectors on the BGT 3600?

any help appreciated, I'd hate for this to have been a waste of time (and money!)

I know there were problems with the BG T3650... Google will help you with that.

And it looks like another boardsie has a problem with XMBC and your BGT 3600...

thanks, I've been lookibng around but nothing seems to jump out about this issue.

I bought second hand from genuine seller who it did work for

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

thanks, I've been lookibng around but nothing seems to jump out about this issue.

I bought second hand from genuine seller who it did work for

This amazon buyer here said he had a prob with WMC with his BG T3650 here and said it was known to BG themselves. (3650)

What setup was the original owner running?

Not sure. I'll get in touch with Blackgold and see if they've more troubleshooting steps for me after I run some more tests

Not sure. I'll get in touch with Blackgold and see if they've more troubleshooting steps for me after I run some more tests

Looks like there was early batch problems... Actually I think you may be onto something about the supplied power to the card. See what BG say...

Here and here

Hope you get it sorted...

But if you get bored with your N40L, I'll give it a good home :D

I have a W7 Pro, W8 Pro with WMC licenses ready to install on this when I eventually get one.

Kicking myself that I missed this thread...

• Advertisement

I ordered from servers direct in uk, quite cheap, and the cashback application is on its way. delivered via parcel motel, and ordered via fatcheese.ie for a little more cashback

Advertisement