Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New RS3 Sportback

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

bazz26 wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see the new RS3 tested against the Golf R and whether it is worth the extra money.

RS3 will up against the A45 and then the Focus RS & Golf R400 when they arrive next year.

Add the sports exhaust & adaptive suspension on the RS3 & you're up to an eye watering 70k.....not sure any hatchback is worth that sort of cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,112 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Always thought:

Hot hatch - Golf GTi, Audi S3
    Super hot hatch - Golf R, Audi RS3

It would seem the RS3 is being pushed as a hyper hot hatch then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I saw one the other day in Limerick. Red one with a 151 plate.

Edit: in hindsight it may have been an s3. It had quad pipes where as the rs3 has two fat rear pipes according to google.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Rob C

The Golf R is the S3 with the VW badge. RS3 is in a different league.

But have to say, I wouldn't be pushed looking beyond the S3, a very good car. More expensive than the Golf R though due to the 4 rings. Though the cabin is way nicer in the Audi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Wow that's some price for the RS3. Crazy money when you can have an M135i for €50k, and that's got rear wheel drive and a six pot engine as standard. Plus, it's available with a manual gearbox.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Always thought:

Hot Hatch - Golf GTi, Audi A3 2.0T
    Hotter Hatch - Golf R, Audi S3
    Hotter again Hatch - Golf R400/420, Audi RS3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

roasting hatch -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Always thought:

Both the S3 and Golf R have the same 4 cylinder 2.0TFSI engine with 300bhp and four wheel drive (quattro or 4Motion).

RS3 gets the 5 cylinder 2.5TFSI with 367bhp.

Different (crazier) beast.

facelift A45 AMG is due in September apparently, bhp is up from 360 to 380 so the RS3 won't have the most powerful hatch crown for long

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

UhOh wrote: »
    facelift A45 AMG is due in September apparently, bhp is up from 360 to 380 so the RS3 won't have the most powerful hatch crown for long

Granted its not stock but I believe MTM and others can get the RS3 north of 470hp. Serious business.

• Advertisement

ironclaw wrote: »
    Granted its not stock but I believe MTM and others can get the RS3 north of 470hp. Serious business.

apparently American tuners are getting +500bhp out of the 2.3 Mustang EcoBoost engine, same engine is in the new Focus RS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

ironclaw wrote: »

Doubt the tuners brabus etc will be able to get much more from the A45 as its only a 2 litre.

Advertisement