Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

North Dublin Bar looking for Bands

Options
  • 01-08-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Thanks for the earlier response guys.

We are based in the Phibsboro/Glasnevin.

We are a new bar and as such do not have a massive budget to play around with.

I am trying to start a regular Saturday night music session and am willing to try all genres but preferably local bands.

Pm me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Rigsby

P.M. sent !

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭miniroar

PM Sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Thread title updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 csmythser

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 35 paulmcglue

hey guys we would be interested in doing one of your sat night shows.so let us know about what why it works with yourself.heres a link to the band

cheers............paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcU2dgat0XY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 FYMUSIC

Hi Rob,

Its Geof here from the band Forever Young were an acoustic act at present and would love to get involved in one of the saturday night show's. Gis a bell on <snip> or find us on FB as ForeverYoung Ireland. Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭500x

Excellent - PMing now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

FYMUSIC: Please note that per the charter, phone numbers aren't allowed. Use this site's PM facility instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jackhudson555

PM SENT.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭super hands

My band Fighting For Jane might be interested in playing this, we are looking to book a few gigs for august and september have a listen.

http://www.reverbnation.com/fightingforjane

• Advertisement

As the OP has not logged on since 1 August, I assume that few people if any have received a reply either way ? I certainly have not received one.

So Rob, are you going to do the decent thing and update us on the situation ? IMO, it is the least you could do, when people have taken the time to reply to your thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nigeldinho

TeddyBallet wouldn't mind an aul Dublin gig in September or October.

www.facebook.com/teddyballetband
    www.teddyballet.bandcamp.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

op poster expects bands to play for free , or a few beers each , i know a few bands who have played this bar and have been asked back on the basis of we only pay if u have a crowd so not very fair if you have to travel far etc

op poster expects bands to play for free

OK, thanks for the heads up on that. However, that is not what's inferred in the quote below. I interpreted it to mean..."cant pay very much".

He could have got back on here to clarify things, or do it through a P.M.

robmaguire wrote: »

We are a new bar and as such do not have a massive budget to play around with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Rigsby wrote: »
    OK, thanks for the heads up on that. However, that is not what's inferred in the quote below. I interpreted it to mean..."cant pay very much".

He could have got back on here to clarify things, or do it through a P.M.

Maybe the "not massive budget" covers the sound engineer?

Maybe the "not massive budget" covers the sound engineer?

You could be right. By the looks of things, we'll never know.

A thread looking for bands, should give all the appropriate information, and not read like a clue from the now defunct Irish Times "Crossaire" crossword puzzle. :D We dont even know the exact location, or the name of the venue.

Anything we do know came from "Eircom Sucks".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

ive played in said bar

offered 4 beers each and there was 5 of us which equates to about 100 euros worth of beer

if we had 50 people they would give us 50 euro

offered us 4 more gigs with same deal

so not willing to offer cash , but money in other forms as booze

ive played in said bar

offered 4 beers each and there was 5 of us which equates to about 100 euros worth of beer

if we had 50 people they would give us 50 euro

offered us 4 more gigs with same deal

so not willing to offer cash , but money in other forms as booze

Thanks for that. Wonder why he could not have told us all this himself in his initial post. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LadyLoulou

sent you a PM!

Advertisement