Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Commander in Chief

• 09-02-2006 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Has anyone actually seen this? Any good? How does it compare to West Wing (and I'm talking easrly seasons of WW, not the crapfest it has become). Any news on its arrival this side of the Atlantic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

corblimey wrote:
    Has anyone actually seen this? Any good? How does it compare to West Wing (and I'm talking easrly seasons of WW, not the crapfest it has become). Any news on its arrival this side of the Atlantic?
    saw some on my hols but didn't think much of it.
    geena davis as the president is a bit much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭medja

It's like West Wing lite! Usually one problem for her to solve a week and some family trouble (with her 3 kids) that's resolved by the end of the show.

Now that I think about it, it could also be 7th Heaven lite!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

medja wrote:
    ...it could also be 7th Heaven lite!

Oh god, I'm gonna avoid like the proverbial then so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

corblimey wrote:

C in C is drvel compared to early West Wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

CinC is pretty good.... Its like 75% white house stuff, and 25% family stuff. To be honest, the family stuff is pretty boring, but the rest makes up for it. Geena Davis and Donald Sutherland are great foils for each other.... makes for some great scenes.

Its nothing like 7th Heaven either.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Have seen the first 2 episodes...pretty cheesetastic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

I have to say, i'm liking it so far. I'm watching it on ABC1 on Sky Digital and you just can't argue with the figures in america

14.7 million viewers on average every week. Thats nearly as much as Lost is getting nowadays. And it is more than The West Wing's first season figures of around 13 million viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Pazaz 21

I have to say, i'm liking it so far. I'm watching it on ABC1 on Sky Digital and you just can't argue with the figures in america

14.7 million viewers on average every week. Thats nearly as much as Lost is getting nowadays. And it is more than The West Wing's first season figures of around 13 million viewers.

This load of drivel wouldn't even be on if it hadn't of been for The West Wing. The only reason C in C is on is because they didn't want to have to destroy the White House/West Wing set because it cost so much to make so they said, hell, we'll just make some other show to get value for money out of it.

It's hard to watch to say the least, and the acting is sooo bad. I mean the one where the Russian President came to the White House, the actor who played the Russian President was brutal. Geena Davis is alright as the sassy Commander in Chief and Donald Sunderland is pretty good as the sinister opponent, but overall it ain't anywhere near the West Wing, it isn't even in the same universe as The West Wing.

Advertisement