Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Hardened Edition leaked

jqjnds.jpg
    According to the advertisement, the Hardened Edition of the game (which releases November 8 across all systems), includes:

• The game disc with unique disc art.
    • 1 year Call of Duty: Elite membership (which gives you access to downloadable map packs).
    • Special Founder status on Call of Duty Elite. (in game emblem, playercard, weapon camouflage, clan XP boost)
    • Steelbook Case
    • Limited Edition 100+ Page Field Journal with military sketches, diagrams and written entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the journal is cool alright, wonder what the Prestige edition will be, its probably worth it for the Elite membership alone, sure how much extra is the hardened one? 30 quid? thats less than what you'd pay for the map packs anyway, now do I get it on xbox or ps3, hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

krudler wrote: »
    the journal is cool alright, wonder what the Prestige edition will be, its probably worth it for the Elite membership alone, sure how much extra is the hardened one? 30 quid? thats less than what you'd pay for the map packs anyway, now do I get it on xbox or ps3, hmmmm

Over all the game seems very 'Juggernaut' orientated, so perhaps a juggernaut helmet or something, the Elite membership pass is very awesome as is privileged camo and XP boosts, many of us at THG are getting Hardened (I think I'm the only dolt who will be getting Prestige) so our boosts will be by like times 6 :P and I enjoy art books and what not, just hope the glue on the Hardened edition box doesn't go hard and start to cause box to fall apart like the MW2 one

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

I will be pre ordering the hardened edition in the next few weeks, it is worth it for the Elite Membership alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

yea looks good, depends how much more expensive it will be tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

It will cost 130 of your finest euro(have it pre-booked) and seemingly no Prestige edition coming out!

Dozyart wrote: »
    It will cost 130 of your finest euro(have it pre-booked) and seemingly no Prestige edition coming out!

doubt itll be that expensive tbh, 85-90 would seem more realistic, price points for prerelease games are usually way higher than they actually retail at

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

i reckon your closer to the prestige edition with that price than hardened. and they havent confirmed no prestige yet have they ? they just havent given details out yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

wouldnt be pushed on the hardned edition, that elite is a load of bollix the beta is cat not worth paying extra for at all.

have a feeling the multiplayer of this game will turn out to be a disaster and all over the place like mw2.

fanboys dont cry

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

wouldnt be pushed on the hardned edition, that elite is a load of bollix the beta is cat not worth paying extra for at all.

have a feeling the multiplayer of this game will turn out to be a disaster and all over the place like mw2.

fanboys dont cry

Agree with this. For the first month it'll be fun but then the cracks will show. After all every cod before this is a decent game but this one will suffer the same problems as them, the playerbase and the way people play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

• Special Founder status on Call of Duty Elite. (in game emblem, playercard, weapon camouflage, clan XP boost)
    Playercards and emblems confirmed you say?

I would be very interested in the field journal though, it could be a nice thing to look at.

Thomasheen wrote: »
    Agree with this. For the first month it'll be fun but then the cracks will show. After all every cod before this is a decent game but this one will suffer the same problems as them, the playerbase and the way people play

I'd like to think they took a step back and realise that COD players will exploit and cheap tactics they can, but sadly there'll be something, theres always something that will be utterly headwrecking in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

I'd like to think they took a step back and realise that COD players will exploit and cheap tactics they can, but sadly there'll be something, theres always something that will be utterly headwrecking in it.
    12 year olds permeate all walks of life unfortunately. ive said it before and ill say it again the problems arent necassarily within the game but within the community

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

doubt itll be that expensive tbh, 85-90 would seem more realistic, price points for prerelease games are usually way higher than they actually retail at

Well i have it pre-booked with Gamestop for that price and ill not argue if it comes down!

Well i have it pre-booked with Gamestop for that price and ill not argue if it comes down!

it will, they told me the prestige edition of blops was going to be 250 quid, think it was 185 when it came out. I used to be a games buyer for HMV and the prices are all over the place in the run up to release.

it will, they told me the prestige edition of blops was going to be 250 quid, think it was 185 when it came out. I used to be a games buyer for HMV and the prices are all over the place in the run up to release.

Indeed, but my god an extra 100 just for a remote controlled car?

Prestige for MW2 was 120 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Indeed, but my god an extra 100 just for a remote controlled car?

Prestige for MW2 was 120 for me.

indeed.. thats activision for ya.... robbing bastards. Never understoody why people buy these prestige edition games anyway, do people actually think its worth paying double/triple the price for a stupid concept drawings book and some ****ty figures ? Not like its going to be worth loads of money in a few years or anything (Considering how many they sell) and you can look at the drawings and random **** online for free... each to their own i guess.

Magill wrote: »
    indeed.. thats activision for ya.... robbing bastards. Never understoody why people buy these prestige edition games anyway, do people actually think its worth paying double/triple the price for a stupid concept drawings book and some ****ty figures ? Not like its going to be worth loads of money in a few years or anything (Considering how many they sell) and you can look at the drawings and random **** online for free... each to their own i guess.

The NVG's in MW2 were really decent, worth the money you would have expected out of a rare edition, but a car that apparently had factory flaws and many other problems that was more is ridiculous, none the less MW3 hopefully will have something decent, if not, hardened looks like possibly the best special edition ever for a FPS.

The NVG's in MW2 were really decent, worth the money you would have expected out of a rare edition, but a car that apparently had factory flaws and many other problems that was more is ridiculous, none the less MW3 hopefully will have something decent, if not, hardened looks like possibly the best special edition ever for a FPS.

LOL, Night vision goggles... honestly....... :rolleyes: Maybe if i was 10 years old. (Like the RC car, im sure its great craic for 10 minutes before you get bored)

LOL, Night vision goggles... honestly....... :rolleyes: Maybe if i was 10 years old.

They go well with airsoft so I can't complain. :pac:

• Advertisement

They go well with airsoft so I can't complain. :pac:

lol :) Didn't know people played airsoft at night, guess it has its uses then.

Head to the XP livestream here, some news is hitting the air in 15 mins apparently.

http://www.livestream.com/callofdutyxp?rsvptoeventid=412467&utm_medium=facebooktab&utm_campaign=comittedsings&utm_content=COD

lol :) Didn't know people played airsoft at night, guess it has its uses then.

Yeah people even camp out in the mountains during games, great craic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I'm sure you'll do a live text commentary on it lol, keep it to one post please and edit as you need to.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I'm sure you'll do a live text commentary on it lol, keep it to one post please and edit as you need to.

Your wish is my command ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Cant see hardened being €130. Considering call of duty xp is $150 for a ticket to a two day event and included is the hardened edition for all.

Jet Black wrote: »
    Cant see hardened being €130. Considering call of duty xp is $150 for a ticket to a two day event and included is the hardened edition for all.

Its not like it costs them $130 to make it tho :P If it was free to get into xp they'd probably only lose 20-40 $ per person on the hardened copys they gave out.

I get the odd special edition, rarely ever at launch though. I bought the Bioshock 2 one for 20 quid on zavvi cos it was on sale, and the art book is fantastic. same as the Halo Reach and Alan Wake ones, all cheap but cool. Reach has a really cool journal thingy with concept drawings and stuff from the game but its all done in a handwritten style, quite nice it is too.

only special edition I can see myself buying aside from MW3 is either Uncharted or Gears 3, cos I'm a sucker for steelbook cases :pac:

lookatum!

Uncharted3ExplorersEdition-540x320.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I've never bought a prestige edition of any game but I'm really considering it for Uncharted 3 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Advertisement