Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

STS-132 Atlantis 14/5/10

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

0128.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

0117l.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Causeway here we come.
    Hello,
    We have your VIP Shuttle Launch Tour for Atlantis, May 14th, 2010 booked for you, all you need to is to printout this email, and bring it with you to your pickup locations.
    Enjoy the launch!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Causeway here we come.
    Great stuff! Fingers crossed for you:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

lord lucan wrote: »
    AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW,My baby's getting ready for another trip to space!:)

Oh ok LL,You win,You can have her,the love You have for her must not go unrequited,Adoption papers are in the post.She will be safe with You:)i_love_atlantis_florida_tshirt-p235688924268970550tdhl_210.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭eilejh

Causeway here we come.

THANKS for posting these awesome photos.....so glad I found these forums. The photos in the VAB are stunning. I have been showing them to all my friends and co-workers here in Texas.
    Bittersweet.......
    Anyway-thanks again and keep it up!

• Advertisement

eilejh wrote: »
    THANKS for posting these awesome photos.....so glad I found these forums. The photos in the VAB are stunning. I have been showing them to all my friends and co-workers here in Texas.
    Bittersweet.......
    Good to see you here. Did you say Texas!!!!! Not far from Houston so:)

ynotdu wrote: »
    Oh ok LL,You win,You can have her,the love You have for her must not go unrequited,Adoption papers are in the post.She will be safe with You:)i_love_atlantis_florida_tshirt-p235688924268970550tdhl_210.jpg

I think I might have to check her out first.:) Not so sure LL could cope with the emotions and all that.........:D:D:D Beeker to the rescue:D:D
    Ahhhhhhhh...........................Happy Beeker:D:D:D

Beeker wrote: »
    Good to see you here. Did you say Texas!!!!! Not far from Houston so:)

Hi-yes-I am in Austin...and we have SPACE FEVER! It is like being in love with a breaking heart lol. Am planning on going to see STS 134 ENDEAVOR. My head is spinning over all this but I am so happy to have found fellow enthusiasts.
    Well like I said-carry on with the great posts and photos. Amazing you all are! It is great to see international support and interest.

Hi-yes-I am in Austin...and we have SPACE FEVER! It is like being in love with a breaking heart lol. Am planning on going to see STS 134 ENDEAVOR. My head is spinning over all this but I am so happy to have found fellow enthusiasts.
    Well like I said-carry on with the great posts and photos. Amazing you all are! It is great to see international support and interest.
    Great stuff:) You can be our insider in the US;)
    Hope all goes well for 134 and please share the experience here. A few of us have been over for launches and one planning to go to 132/Atlantis soon.

Beeker wrote: »
    Great stuff:) You can be our insider in the US;)
    Hope all goes well for 134 and please share the experience here. A few of us have been over for launches and one planning to go to 132/Atlantis soon.

Wow! Your 'insider'! Well I will do my best. I have never been to a launch but one time I saw the Shuttle piggy-backed on a transport plane going to Kelly AFB in San Antonio-it was flying so low and over my head-I almost had a wreck.I pulled over and got out of my car-I was thrilled to see that.
    The tickets for STS132 went on sale yesterday but the server crashed! They are going to sell them again early next week. I think i would be wise to have Plan A, B,C, and D to see the launch. Also book a room EARLY. The rates nearly triple the night before a launch I have noticed. But I am sure you all know this-I am def not the expert here. Just a rookie.

• Advertisement

Also book a room EARLY. The rates nearly triple the night before a launch I have noticed. But I am sure you all know this-I am def not the expert here. Just a rookie.

Hi,

I'm planning on flying over to see STS132, I have a room booked in Titusville the night before and the night after then launch. Booked it a while ago, paid a small bit extra so I had a good cancelation policy. I also prebooked a tour, which cost a little bit extra but not much considering how much we'll spend getting there etc.

As much as I can I'll be updating this thread with photos and comments on the general mood. I must say it becoming nerve racking as the date gets closer and the thoughts of a scrub beyond the time we'll be there will be a killer.

But, all is going to plan so far, hopefully weather and other factors are favourable.

Hi,

I'm planning on flying over to see STS132, I have a room booked in Titusville the night before and the night after then launch. Booked it a while ago, paid a small bit extra so I had a good cancelation policy. I also prebooked a tour, which cost a little bit extra but not much considering how much we'll spend getting there etc.

As much as I can I'll be updating this thread with photos and comments on the general mood. I must say it becoming nerve racking as the date gets closer and the thoughts of a scrub beyond the time we'll be there will be a killer.

But, all is going to plan so far, hopefully weather and other factors are favourable.
    Fingers and all other available body parts are crossed for you.:D
    Go Atlantis!:)

When I grow up...................
    20102981.jpg

I want to work..............................
    20102984.jpg
    HERE!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Best of luck Commander! You are doing 'the right stuff' it seems lol! Will be there with you in spirit!
    Beeker-those photos kill me.......I can't imagine being that close to the Shuttle. What a dream job for sure.

SHUTTLE LAUNCH TICKETS ON SALE MONDAY 9:00 a.m.

Link:
    http://www.tickets.com/kennedyspacecenter/

New details........only 6 tickets allowed to purchase etc....
    Good luck to whoever is trying to get a ticket-hope you are successful!

"The virtual waiting room will open at 8:00 a.m. ET - guests can enter any time after 8:00 a.m. ET. The time of entry into the waiting room does not give any priority to NASA Causeway tickets. Sales will begin at 9:00 a.m. ET. Guests will be randomly selected to proceed to the ticket selection page. Some guests may be in the virtual waiting room for an extended period of time."

"Domestic tickets will ship by May 6 to provide the most up-to-date information. Due to current international air traffic issues, particularly over Europe, international orders will be given first priority for shipping and will be sent via Fed Ex by April 29."

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=20920.180

Another forum...is that ok to post? It has a lot of info for international visitors....if it is not ok then go ahead and remove it. But there are no photographs lol, so this board is the best of course!

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=20920.180

Another forum...is that ok to post? It has a lot of info for international visitors....if it is not ok then go ahead and remove it. But there are no photographs lol, so this board is the best of course!
    Yeah that is a great site for info.

Bittersweet.......

HI eilejh,Great to have someone from the Big State of Texas{Texans have reputation of people with big hearts also}
    You ever been to JSC?Pictures would be much appreciated:).
    Great that We have thecommander for STS-132 and You for 134 to be 'Our reporters in Florida'!!!, So far nobody for 133:(.I may have to GO for that one,Tough job,but somebody has to do it!:D

I thought You might like to meet some of the Motley Crew that have been on the STS threads since i joined boards.

Lord Lucan as he appeared just after he viewed the Launch of 129 in person:
    beetlejuice1.jpg

Beeker STILL waiting to grow up!
    beckastroLL03_500x666.jpg

And Stargate and I having a top level Flight readiness review for 132 just the other day!

Don't mind us having fun,deep down the truth is We are GUTTED about it all:(:(:(

• Advertisement

HI eilejh,Great to have someone from the Big State of Texas{Texans have reputation of people with big hearts also}
    Great that We have thecommander for STS-132 and You for 134 to be 'Our reporters in Florida'!!!, So far nobody for 133:(.I may have to GO for that one,Tough job,but somebody has to do it!:D

I thought You might like to meet some of the Motley Crew that have been on the STS threads since i joined boards.

beetlejuice1.jpg

And Stargate and I having a top level Flight readiness review for 132 just the other day!

http://www.hkfilm.net/drunks.jpg

Don't mind us having fun,deep down the truth is We are GUTTED about it all:(:(:(
    :D:D:D

beetlejuice1.jpg

?ui=2&ik=a2965bdf3c&view=att&th=12017bd2707aad0e&attid=0.2&disp=emb&zw

Well thanks Ynot! Ya'll are quite the crew! I am very embarrassed to say I have not really been to JSP-I just drove in the gate once to view the rocketship lying on the ground in Space Park there. I was on disaster duty after a Hurricane and I didn't have time. I guess, like Beeker, I took a long time to grow up and appreciate things.
    But I am catching up quickly, and this is hurting so much that the end approaches for the beloved Shuttles. I wrote a letter to U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (from Texas) who recently introduced a bill into Congress to continue the Shuttle Program. She fought hard for it...I need to find out the status of that bill...
    I am amazed and proud of people like yourselves who love this space stuff as much as I do. It just brings a lot of hope into the world. Astronauts,scientists and engineers and all those other brilliant people-they are the real heroes in the world today (just my opinion!).
    Anyway, I will enjoy the approaching missions more now after having found this site!
    BUT THE PHOTOS HERE ARE THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN-they make my heart race!
    Have any of you seen the ISS passing over? NASA has a calendar and a guide for that....where are ya'll anyway? Ireland and where else?

Hmmm...when I try to open the photo I get 'http://192.208.80.22:15871/cgi-bin/blockpage.cgi?ws-session=707064662'..so I will try at home-am at work right now.

Hong Kong Film???HAAA! I don't think I need to pursue this photo any longer. :D

Hmmm...when I try to open the photo I get 'http://192.208.80.22:15871/cgi-bin/blockpage.cgi?ws-session=707064662'..so I will try at home-am at work right now.

Strangely the Stargate and I quickly turned into an X,so i deleted it,but it is appearing on Your post of response!(at least on this laptop):confused:

It is probably my work firewall....gov't issue and all that.

Have any of you seen the ISS passing over? NASA has a calendar and a guide for that....where are ya'll anyway? Ireland and where else?
    Yeah we see it pass over quite a lot. As a matter of fact because of where Ireland is we also quite often see the Shuttle and external tank just after they reach orbit, what a sight. All Shuttle launches to the station leave Florida to the northeast and pass over Ireland about 20 minutes later. If the launch times are near sunset or sunrise here in Ireland we get quite the view!:)

Hi the commander,I thought You might like to read this rather than not do so.I cannot remember such complexities facing the FRR team for ANY other potential Launch date of a Shuttle.

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2010/04/sts-132-reviews-readiness-and-potential-timelines-atlantis-mission/

Hi the commander,I thought You might like to read this rather than not do so.I cannot remember such complexities facing the FRR team for ANY other potential Launch date of a Shuttle.

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2010/04/sts-132-reviews-readiness-and-potential-timelines-atlantis-mission/

Seems it be coming at them from all angles. May 5th is the decider for me. I can't travel in June, July, August or September, so it all boils down to it then.

• Advertisement

Seems it be coming at them from all angles. May 5th is the decider for me. I can't travel in June, July, August or September, so it all boils down to it then.
    Its still very fluid but we should have a better idea about what they plan in the next 2-3 days. Hold in there:)

Advertisement