Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Infighting in Council over trip to Calais.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

This crowd need to be taken outside, lined up and shot. The whole council has been a pathetic debacle, with the squabbling over two mayors, buying everyone new iPads, abolishment of recycling facilities in the city. A complete and utter disgrace and an embarrassment to Limerick. Dignity, ethics are totally alien to this shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

It's unbelievable. What a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Would love to open up the accounts of the Cocos in this country... Im sure theres been a few 'Calais' trips

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Where you have troughs, there shall ye find snouts.

Anyone really surprised?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

This story is a bit mad, I'd forgive him for thinking that to be honest but verbalising it for a newspaper is crazy and potentially political suicide. Any chance it was a little bit tongue in cheek?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I don't really pay a lot of attention to the leader any more, hardly a credible paper. They spend the majority of their time trying to come up with snazzy article headlines than on meaningful journalism and pressing local issues. Has anyone noticed that. I really don't know what purpose this paper serves.

This story is just beyond the joke. I had to take 5 minutes out to absorb the impact of how bad it was, both in terms of the fact that the leader covered it with zero analysis or comment, and the fact that it is likely and unfortunately based on fact.

What's next? An argument about Q jumping in the deli line? Cllr Sheahan ate all the jaffa cakes and only left the plain rich tea for everyone else.?What next? Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

slow news day probably - but the leader does have its uses!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »
    slow news day probably - but the leader does have its uses!

Nah Limerick post is better because it's free and I can clean the windows with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

myshirt wrote: »
    I don't really pay a lot of attention to the leader any more, hardly a credible paper. They spend the majority of their time trying to come up with snazzy article headlines than on meaningful journalism and pressing local issues. Has anyone noticed that. I really don't know what purpose this paper serves.

Did I miss something here?

In this case the Leader has done exactly what its supposed to do.

How many people would have known about this story if it weren't for the Leader. It is a public interest story in that it shows what combeens are running the council and the absolute waste of public money.

In this case I tip my hat to the Leader.

As a complete aside the Leaders local sports coverage on a Monday and Tuesday night is an outstanding service to the community

Advertisement