Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lidl stocking cocaine (good stuff at that)

• 04-01-2010 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Snort here
    It is famous for its budget offers and rock-bottom prices but when the Lidl supermarket chain received several batches of high-grade cocaine at its Spanish stores last weekend it decided that that was one product which would not be making it on to the shelves.

Instead the budget supermarket group called in the police to solve the mystery of how a dozen of its stores had each received hundreds of thousands of euros worth of neatly wrapped cocaine mixed in with their fresh bananas.

The drugs were discovered at the bottom of banana boxes that went to stores in Madrid, Plasencia and the town of Cáceres. The bananas, which had been imported by sea from Ecuador, arrived at the Mercamadrid wholesale fruit and vegetable market in Madrid last week. There they were snapped up by buyers from Lidl and the Alcampo supermarket group.

It was not until a Lidl employee at a Madrid supermarket got ready to stack the bananas on the store's shelves that the curious packages lying under the bunches were discovered.

Similar cargoes of cocaine were later found at a dozen Lidl supermarkets, with more than 100kg (220lb) of the drug being discovered overall. The hunt for further batches was continuing yesterday. Police said the traffickers had somehow failed to pick up their cocaine, which had a street value of about €4.5m (£4.02m).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

As Marty says....

"Every Lidl Helps!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Funny and all, just bear in mind some poor fucker is going to lose his life over this.

"Hey boss, remember that shipment I was gonna pick up tomorrow?"

"Sie..."

"Well, the funny thing is..."

:pac:
    Silly traffickers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Being Lidl I'm sure they would cut the shít out of it anyway it they were going to sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ContyHooks

Lidl's cocaine hasn't a patch on the Eurospar stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The economy is well ****ed when you can get your white powder free with a banana.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'd have become a dealer if I found it. :D None of ye can arrest me for my thought crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Aldi are already one step ahead of the game here...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Bannana and cocaine go together like beer and a curry :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'd love to try the Lidl branded cocaine. I'm sure it might not be as good as the Irish version but **** its the recession eh!

(The following joke was based on the snobby assumption that the produce in Lidl is inferior to Irish made products)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

That'll be a Lidl offer not to be sniffed at...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

congo_90 wrote: »
    Bannana and cocaine go together like beer and a curry :pac:
    Beer & curry = rotten.

Milk & curry? Now that's where it's at!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Nevore wrote: »
    Funny and all, just bear in mind some poor fucker is going to lose his life over this.

"Hey boss, remember that shipment I was gonna pick up tomorrow?"

"Sie..."

"Well, the funny thing is..."

Silly traffickers!

That was my very thought. A couple of people will end up dead after that mess up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Silly traffickers!

Well the silly fücker should have got a normal job then, shouldn't he.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Quite hygienic though, normally it comes into the country shoved up the
    bottom of an AIDS ridden third world desperado.
    Snort.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Mrs Doyle: There's always time for a nice cup of tea. Sure, didn't the Lord himself pause for a nice cup of tea before giving himself up for the world.

Father Ted: No, he didn't, Mrs Doyle!

Mrs Doyle: Well, whatever the equivalent they had for tea in those days, cake or something. And speaking of cake, I have cake!

[Holds up a cupcake]

Father Ted: No thanks, Mrs Doyle.

Mrs Doyle: Are you sure, Father? There's cocaine in it!

Father Ted: WHAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

off to lidl for bananas tomorrow so!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Haha. Class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

just bear in mind some poor fucker is going to lose his life over this.
    If just one "poor fucker", as you put it, loses his life over 4 million worth of cocaine, I would be astounded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Drugs found. Drug dealer(s) dead. Win-win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Haha. Class.

A? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I'd love to try the Lidl branded cocaine. I'm sure it might not be as good as the Irish version but **** its the recession eh!

(The following joke was based on the snobby assumption that the produce in Lidl is inferior to Irish made products)

Oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Forget cocaine. They need to bring out a Grow-your-own-weed set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

so i guess the thursday special deal is off then? damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It's high time Lidl brought out some offers that weren't met with snorts of derision alright although my good friend Charlie does enjoy working there alright. There'll be lines around the block waiting to sniff out the bargains this week I'd say........ [and so on and so forth]

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Futurism wrote: »
    Forget cocaine. They need to bring out a Grow-your-own-weed set.
    Eurospar was unwittingly selling salvia plants for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

In other news the floors at Lidl are curiously clean and shiny, all the shelf-packers finished their work 2 hours early and 2 boxes of chewing gum went mysteriously missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

If just "one" poor fucker, as you put it, loses his life over 4 million worth of cocaine, I would be astounded.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

stovelid wrote: »
    Aldi are already one step ahead of the game here...

They would be far nicer if they didn't have caramel in them, like the bars Nestlé used to make :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Because everyone knows the best cocaine is grown in Ireland ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement