Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dell Vostro 1520 Laptop - Buy 1 & 2nd is ½ Price + Free Shipping.

• 21-10-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

521€ each or if you got the shipping off
    491€ each if you got the shipping off.

15.4 inch WXGA+
    Intel Core 2 Duo T6670(2.2GHz,800MHz,2MB)
    3072MB 800 MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
    320GB (7,200rpm) SATA
    48 WHr 6-cell Battery
    Dell Wireless 1397 Mini Card (802.11 b/g)
    8X DVD+/-RW Tray Load Drive
    Integrated GMA X4500 HD Graphics
    Integrated 1.3MP Camera
    Windows Vista® Business SP1
    1Yr Collect & Return Warranty

There's also an option for a 256 MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 9300M GS Graphic Card

dellvostro1520laptop125.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Damn fine deal it must be said!

Hope they do more of this and less of the "X% percentage off when you spent €800!"

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭bob123456

Last day for free shipping though.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Good deal! Though I got my Vostro 1500 a year or 2 ago, which then had to be replaced by a 1510 after I got a few dead pixels and something else too.
    Then my 1510 had to have its Motherboard, graphics, and DVD drive changed when I was consistently getting weird GFX outputs on startup, and the DVD drive gobbled up a CD of mine and wouldnt give it back, or recognise that I had a DVD drive at all!

Eventually got it all sorted, and im now problem free for about 9 months now! Touch wood!

Oh and a friend of mine got a 1510 which ended up needing a new touchpad and DVD drive.

But its a good deal!:rolleyes: The 2nd vostro must be for when your 1st one needs fixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

It says VAT not included. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Canonfan wrote: »
    It says VAT not included. :(

Vostro is the name of Dell's business line of value desktops and laptops, similar to the Inspiron name which is the consumer equivalent, and that's why VAT is not included.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I wonder could you buy the two then return the full priced one under the 7 day cooling off period. :D

Advertisement