Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Astra economy problem.

• 01-06-2008 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Well I noticed my astra was guzzling fuel but I measured the miles on the trip metre. I was shocked all I'm getting is 22/23 mpg, about 250 miles to a 50l tank! What could be wrong? Please help.

Mark IV Astra 1.4 16v 5 Door Saloon

Comments

• wow
    is there a hole in the fuel tank? A leak on one of the fuel lines? A seal in the fuel pump gone? A seal in the injectors gone putting fuel into the engine oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭patrickc

rob316 wrote: »
    Well I noticed my astra was guzzling fuel but I measured the miles on the trip metre. I was shocked all I'm getting is 22/23 mpg, about 250 miles to a 50l tank! What could be wrong? Please help.

Mark IV Astra 1.4 16v 5 Door Saloon

my old astra, same model etc etc, would get 400/450 on a full tank.. is it in bad need of a service?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I have the car serviced every 6000 miles on the dot. Utmost care is taken with the car. Must be a leak though. Think ill take a trip out to my mechanic today. I'm worried now when you said you got 400 miles from a full tank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I'd get about 340 miles in mine before the petrol light comes on, nearly all urban driving so I spend a lot of timing sitting in traffic.

Advertisement