Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Please Read** Match Tickets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

Just checking if anybody has recieved their Scotland v Ireland tickets from the SRFU. Starting to worry a little. Paid for them in December.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

OldRio wrote: »
    Just checking if anybody has recieved their Scotland v Ireland tickets from the SRFU. Starting to worry a little. Paid for them in December.

Check your confirm but they don't normally post them to addresses outside of the UK, you need to collect from the ticket office at Murrayfield. Am fully expecting to have to do that this year (Like every other year). The SRU don't post any tickets abroad (even ML tickets!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

Thanks for that.
    Just checked my email. I'll pick them up on the Saturday before the drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Not sure if this is the right thread but just got an email offering 6 nations tickets. Check the prices (per ticket) of the Ire v England game

http://www.getmein.com/tickets/six-nations-ireland-v-england-tickets/dublin-176400.html

How is this happening?

Get me in are a subsidiary of Ticketmaster.

clubs (both in England but probably more in Ireland) who are struggling to financially sell some or all of their tickets at higher than face value to raise cash. Getmein apply their margin and that's how you to the prices being asked on the website.

It's well documented and has been happening for years....sad but true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

vkid wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right thread but just got an email offering 6 nations tickets. Check the prices (per ticket) of the Ire v England game
    http://www.getmein.com/tickets/six-nations-ireland-v-england-tickets/dublin-176400.html

How is this happening?

Because firstly, people are greedy/desperate/opportunistic/scalpers I]delete where appropriate[/I and secondly, it technically is not illegal.

Where possible and if caught tickets such as Irish Rugby Supporters Club allocated, if being hocked above face value will be nullified without rebate and memberships cancelled.

One other thing to remember re.scalpers is that they most likely are not yet in possession of the actual ticket per se but speculate ahead of issue.
    If you buy off a scalper then expect to be burned in one or more ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Suppose i am just completely shocked at the price per ticket..400+Stg.
    Thats 5/600Eu per ticket.

I know it can't be fully stopped but this is a joke by anyones standards especially if they are a subsidiary of ticketmaster which the IRFU use for some games. Surely if thats the case the IRFU can and should have some influence here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Just saw the email:
    Returned Tickets On Sale
    For immediate release: Thursday 3rd March 2011
    Issued on behalf of The Irish Rugby Football Union

A very limited number of tickets for the RBS 6 Nations clash against England in Aviva Stadium on March 19th have been returned to the Supporters Club.

Tickets will go on sale at 3:15 pm today March 3rd. Please note tickets will sell out fast.

Any member who has already purchased tickets for this year's RBS 6 Nations through the Supporters Club will not be able to purchase further tickets. This is to ensure that those members who missed out in the first sale have another opportunity to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭crisco10

connundrum wrote: »
    Just saw the email:

Sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Looking to buy two tickets for Munster v Leinster at Thomond Park. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

JustinDee wrote: »
    Where possible and if caught tickets such as Irish Rugby Supporters Club allocated, if being hocked above face value will be nullified without rebate and memberships cancelled.

What about this guy?

Selling 10yr Ticket and bizarrely hasn't obscured his name in pic of tickets.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-IRELAND-vs-ENGLAND-6-Nations-Premium-L-Rugby-Tickets-/120693410056?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item1c19e34908#ht_500wt_1021

Also I'd be wary of this seller offering 10 tickets at relatively low prices

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IRELAND-V-ENGLAND-SIX-NATIONS-RUGBY-DUBLIN-/190509762254?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item2c5b4446ce#ht_500wt_1021

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Looking to buy two tickets for Munster v Leinster at Thomond Park. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.
    they went on sale today to season ticket holders and supporters club members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Roll up, Roll up, Leinster quarter final tickets available from Leicester returns, from E30 in upper tier on halfway line! (all be it at very back, but still great view).

Leinster season tickets also going on sale.

Check out ticket section on Leinsterrugby.ie

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/7740.php

Season tickets (get in early, sold out last season and are on sale early for next season and will sell out again). Must join the waiting list for tickets if you are not already a season ticket holder - get in early and you'll pick up season tickets from non-renewals

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/7746.php

Seems only section 523 of East Upper has any really decent seats left.

Sitting way up the back, much of the spectacle, garryowens etc can be obscured.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Seems only section 523 of East Upper has any really decent seats left.

Sitting way up the back, much of the spectacle, garryowens etc can be obscured.

Is that not West upper? (I steward it)

RuggieBear wrote: »
    Is that not West upper? (I steward it)

If you hadn't spotted the error, I'd frankly be disappointed in you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭rockman15

Hi Guys

Anyone have a ticket for Ireland v Australia in new zealand for the RWC? I've a mate who is coming with us but didnt get the full pool set and missed out on the australia match. ive already been onto the RWC site and listed to their subscription service.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭trellheim

I am considering buying a season ticket for Leinster this year. Anytime I try the booking engine it dumps me in block A or B of Anglesea stand. ( even for the more expensive packages )

Are there any decent seats actually left ? can't be arsed to go to the terrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thekid9

Im looking for 3 tickets for munster v brive?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Hi All,

Unfortunately i wont be able to get to the Leinster game this evening. If anyone wants my tickets - face value of course - please let me know. East Lower stand - season ticket tickets. Face value €37.50 each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Hey thinking of getting a leinster season ticket this year and was gonna go for the middle of the grandstand but seems they are all gone already, best option left to me seems to be anglsea section d and was curious as too which way the rows go? is row A at the front? because i was offered row Q and didnt know how far back that would be

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

For anybody that is interested tickets for the Scotland vs Ireland game in August go on sale on Wednesday http://www.scottishrugby.org/?utm_source=mdm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EMC+Tests+and+2012+RBS+6+Nations+Tickets+on+Sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Lads.

What is the drill with ERC Final tickets ?

Ticketmaster only seem to be willing to supply me a ticket if I have an address in Great Britain, or Northern Ireland :(

Have you tried www.ticketmaster.ie?

Leinster Season ticket holders were emailed earlier this evening on how to purchase from their allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

Het-Field wrote: »
    Lads.

What is the drill with ERC Final tickets ?

Ticketmaster only seem to be willing to supply me a ticket if I have an address in Great Britain, or Northern Ireland :(
    Have you tried www.ticketmaster.ie?

Leinster Season ticket holders were emailed earlier this evening on how to purchase from their allocation.

Same happening for me, ticketmaster.ie only allows you to select GB or NI addresses. Anyone got around it?

DBCyc wrote: »
    Same happening for me, ticketmaster.ie only allows you to select GB or NI addresses. Anyone got around it?

Got them over the phone from ticketmaster for anyone having the same problem. 0818 220 813 woohoo!

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

DBCyc wrote: »
    Got them over the phone from ticketmaster for anyone having the same problem. 0818 220 813 woohoo!

Just booked my tickets! Thanks for that phone number!

Any recommended ways of getting there?

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Just booked my tickets! Thanks for that phone number!

Any recommended ways of getting there?

I am flying to Birmingham and getting a train - just cos I can stay with relatives there. Cardiff is a bit of a nightmare for travel & accommodation. Last time I was there I got the ferry to Holyhead, drove to Bristol where we got a place to stay and got the train to Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I booked four tickets, a mate also booked tickets. Ended up with one left over in u15 which will let go for face value (£65) if someone is interested?

The ticket is booked and should have it this week as ticketmaster are fedexing it to me.

PM me if someone is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Hey All

Looking for 2 tickets for either of the two home RWC warm up games. I know they are available on the site but not member of supporters club

Advertisement