Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

To Text or Chat?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Rozabeez wrote: »
    If I hook up with a guy in a bar or club and give him my number, I find it really sweet if they send a "I hope you got home safe" sort of message the same night.

Yep, that is the best thing to do ever. And tbh if I don't get one, i'll send it to them instead. I'm the enthusiastic type...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

If I hook up with a guy in a bar or club and give him my number, I find it really sweet if they send a "I hope you got home safe" sort of message the same night.

Wouldn't it just be easier to whisper it in your ear the next morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

I'm pretty certain that every guy I've ever gone out with again after meeting on a night out has sent me a text later that night to make sure I got home safely. If you left it longer than the next day and definately up to a week later you've lost the girl, I'd think the guy wasn't bothered!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Call

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I always do that :) (if I can't walk them home or accompany them in a taxi)

Shame I don't have Rozabeez's number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

If I were single and a guy got my number, I would prefer him to text soon, to check if I got home ok, and then maybe the next day.

With my boyfriend now, I text him to see if he got home ok..and I think he text the next day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭ALFIET

Personally I would prefer if the guy texted me. That way I can compose myself before either texting back or ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I would prefer to be texted, that way I'm not put on the spot.

Also what if the girl didn't remember you? At least with texting it's easier to be like "who are you again?" rather than be completely embarrassed over the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

i get 300 free texts every month for every £10 top up .I only use about 80 in that month although could probably use the rest up sending random nonsensical texts about nothing in particular ,or even jokes maybe .But there is an obsession out there with text sending .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I'ld say call her. Shows you've got the balls n confidence to speak to her.
    Do it the next day. Don't put if off for too long, she might forget about you.
    Cut the chase and just ask her out. Just somewhere casual though. Like coffee or lunch or something. You'll get to know each other much better sitting across a table than you'ld speaking through electricity!

• Advertisement
Advertisement