Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to remove front axel pin Zetor 8011????

• 08-10-2014 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi guys i am trying to remove the front axel pin from zetor 8011,so i removed the pin with the splitpins near the front,then at the back i removed the plate and the 2 bolts,and i made up a device to pull the pin from the front but the pin wont budge,Has anyone removed one before or am i missing something,See i need to remove it to replace the pin bushes.Any help would be great.Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭ford 5600

I had to do it on an 8145 . Unfortunately , in my case anyway, I had to remove the whole front casting complete with axle attached and take it to a man with a large press to get him to push it out. Dealer told me that's what I would have to do, after sarcastically saying , wear there is caused by overuse of a grease gun. I tried making pullers out of bolts etc, no joy. It's not as big. Job as it sounds , and if I had put the time I wasted with bolts etc, into stripping it down and taking to the press, I would have had it done just as quick.. What happens is there's a grease nipple for the back and front bushing . I thought one did both , but grease can't travel from one to the other, as the pin is a very tight fit, it's pressed in,it doesn't just seize over time . Good luck at it . It's not as bad as you might think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Hi guys i am trying to remove the front axel pin from zetor 8011,so i removed the pin with the splitpins near the front,then at the back i removed the plate and the 2 bolts,and i made up a device to pull the pin from the front but the pin wont budge,Has anyone removed one before or am i missing something,See i need to remove it to replace the pin bushes.Any help would be great.Thanks guys

Contractors up the road from me converted a lot of crystals to 6cl perkins back in the day. they always did the front axel pin when they had the tractor in pieces. 100ton press was needed for the job

Advertisement